Dwyane Wade or LeBron James? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade or LeBron James?

Who would you take? Flash or King James?

• Dwyane Wade

Votes: 56 55.4%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 45 44.6%

• Total voters
phinman1 said:
I could spend alot of time picking apart this post, but I'll make it simple. LeBron is younger, bigger, and has higher career averages for points, rebounds, assists, blocks, just to name four. To say Wade will win more titles then LeBron is laughable. The Heat won't win this year, and Wade will languish next to an aging behometh choking the cap for years with a 20 mill. per year salary. I don't think Wade will ever win a title, while James will win numerous ones. Bottom line: anybody who says Wade is better than James is lost in homerism, any objective fan knows the truth.

Lebron is bigger and so far has put up better numbers than Jordon did, but Jordon was a far superior player

OF COURSE HE HAS MORE POINTS because he is the only player on his team that scores, same with rebounds

Wade will win titles Lebron wont simple as that, I will accept your apology when their careers are over

This is a tough one, but I go with LeBron. He is very mature for his age and he plays like he has been in the leauge for 10+ years. Plus it's pretty impressive for a guy who basicly has no real talent around him to almost beat the Pistons by himself.

phinman1 said:
I could spend alot of time picking apart this post, but I'll make it simple. LeBron is younger, bigger, and has higher career averages for points, rebounds, assists, blocks, just to name four. To say Wade will win more titles then LeBron is laughable. The Heat won't win this year, and Wade will languish next to an aging behometh choking the cap for years with a 20 mill. per year salary. I don't think Wade will ever win a title, while James will win numerous ones. Bottom line: anybody who says Wade is better than James is lost in homerism, any objective fan knows the truth.

dems fighting words. Hope you are hungry, phinman1, cuz you ARE going to EAT them. :tongue:

Alex22 said:
Lebron is bigger and so far has put up better numbers than Jordon did, but Jordon was a far superior player

OF COURSE HE HAS MORE POINTS because he is the only player on his team that scores, same with rebounds

Wade will win titles Lebron wont simple as that, I will accept your apology when their careers are over

At 21, LeBron is better than Jordan was at that age. That is excepted as fact by those in the know. Nobody this young has been this good. As to your second assertion, are you saying the Cavs don't have people who hit the boards? Gooden and Ilgauskus (sp?) are very good rebounders. Also, Wade isn't exactly surrounded by scorers either. He has Shaq and that's it. Everyone else is a role player, so he has to do the load of the scoring, as does Lebron. As to your final statement, it's to lame as to deserve a response.

But hey, it's fine if you like smaller, weaker players who don't score, board or dime as much. I hope for your sake you are not planning on a coaching career.

phinman1 said:
Let's see, I'll take the guy who is younger, bigger, and averages more points, assists, minutes and boards. That would be LeBron and it's not even close.

Well, he is going to have better stats since he is the only player on his team. The Heat have to feed the ball to Shaq... and a couple of other players.

Just look at the stats. LeBron took 176 more shots this season than Wade... of course LeBron is going to have more points throughout the season.

But I dont care about stats... especially when Wade is putting up amazing stats of his own. The thing that makes Wade so special at this point of their careers... is that Wade is the best closer in the game. The 4th quarter is his... every game. He takes over the game at that point and refuses to let his team lose.

LeBron is a freak size/speed wise... and is a very special player... no doubt. I aint going to be one of the foolish people that will say LeBron will never win a championship... because he is sooo young... and is just getting better.

They are clearly 2 of the best in the game. And to say Wade wont ever win a championship... but LeBron will win tons is rediculous bro. (not even taking into account the fact that Wade's team has a much better chance to win a championship talentwise).

Alex22 said:
Unfortunatly some people dont realize there are more to sports than Stats

Its the effect of Fantasy Football/Basketball...

phinman1 said:

Your post is a little out of wack.

Not to mention that it is inaccurate. Wade gets more blocks than Lebron.

To say that Wade will win more titles than LeBron is NOT laughable. it is the smart play. LeBron won't win anything while SHAQ is around..so subtract 3 years from Bron Bron. Wade might win it this year. As for "choking the cap", well that just disqualified you as somebody that should be taken seriously when talking basketball. Shaq's salary slot opens up when he retires..and guess what...Yep..the Heat will give out a max contract to another star to be Wade's sidekick.

Your post smacks of a heat hater that is distraught by their recent success.

phinman1 said:
Imagine yourself at 18, going to another country, not knowing the language and playing for the champions. He had quite the learning curve. Yes, he attitude may not have been the best, but living in Orlando and watching the skills this guy has, I have no doubt he will be a dominant presence for the Magic for years to come. If you remember, people were saying another young European was going to be a bust: Dirk.

Darko will never be close to as good as Dirk or Wade. He will develop into a solid player in the longrun but passing up DWade for him is unforgivable there is simply no excuse for it. Lets see, DWade or a project? Tough call there.

I honestly believe Darko will be very good. Watching him on the Magic this year, he looked like a rookie (since this is basically his rookie season)... and showed alot of potential.

Obviously he wont ever be on LeBron's or Wade's level... but I think he will be very good...

phinman1 said:

That aging behemoth, speaking of blocks, blocked one last night, grabbed the rebound, outran Lindsey Hunter and Rip Hamilton down the court, and laid the ball softly off the glass. Sure looked to me like his skills were eroding.

That 10 foot hook shot with the shot clock expiring looked awful, too.

The guy is 34. He's not as old as, say, Cliff Robinson or Dale Davis.

Alex22 said:
Unfortunatly some people dont realize there are more to sports than Stats

And others don't realize there is more to sports than homerism.

finfansince72 said:
Darko will never be close to as good as Dirk or Wade. He will develop into a solid player in the longrun but passing up DWade for him is unforgivable there is simply no excuse for it. Lets see, DWade or a project? Tough call there.

Read my post. I never said he'd be better than Wade. What I did say is that at the end of his career, the pick will seem legitimate.

Section126 said:
Your post is a little out of wack.

Not to mention that it is inaccurate. Wade gets more blocks than Lebron.

To say that Wade will win more titles than LeBron is NOT laughable. it is the smart play. LeBron won't win anything while SHAQ is around..so subtract 3 years from Bron Bron. Wade might win it this year. As for "choking the cap", well that just disqualified you as somebody that should be taken seriously when talking basketball. Shaq's salary slot opens up when he retires..and guess what...Yep..the Heat will give out a max contract to another star to be Wade's sidekick.

Your post smacks of a heat hater that is distraught by their recent success.

You are correct as to the blocks. LeBron had a better blocks per game average this year, not for his career. Giving LeBron a virtual sweep in every major statistical category. Your Shaq lovefest is amusing, if not a bit sad. He won't win another title. As for LeBron not winning a title for the next 3 years because of Shaq? That is perhaps the silliest comment on hoops I have heard in a while. Perhaps you were joking.

It's funny to see posters go on the offensive who are simply clueless. Shaq will retire in 4 years, so YES, as I originally stated he will be taken 20 mill a year for the next 4 year as an aging, out of shape liability in Wade's prime years. The Heat better win the title this year, because for the next half decade of so, Wade is going to be tied down to an overpaid has been. The Mavs will rip the Heat, if you'd like to make a wager on that, let me know. I doubt you'll take me up on that.

Your post smacks of Heat homerism, delusional over their recent success.

I will make a wager that the Mavs wont "rip" the Heat all day...

Back
Top Bottom