Dwyane Wade or LeBron James? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade or LeBron James?

Who would you take? Flash or King James?

• Dwyane Wade

Votes: 56 55.4%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 45 44.6%

• Total voters
Section126 said:
First of all, let me say that I have forgoten more about basketball than you have EVER known. I am not taking anything yuou say seriously, because you have a tone of emotion and hate in everything you write.

You keep calling SHAQ an over weight liability, when he is in shape, and the clear cut best center in the game. The guy changes games still and is currently dominating in the ECF.

Your posts are silly. They are sad, and very uninformed. Lebron isn't winning anything any time soon.

As for your statistical comparison. The numbers are really similar. Simple fact is that if Wade shot as much, he would average more since he has a better FG%. Wade is also the better defender and the more clutch player. Lebron will be the better player in the long run, but dissmiss Wade as you have done is gaining you no respect and the label as someone to not take seriously on anything to do with basketball.

Wow, I didn't see this earlier and now feel compelled to respond, unfortunately. First off, as to your basketball knowledge, please remember that asserting something strongly doesn't make it so. I respect your comments on the game about as much as you seeminly respect mine, which is to say not much. As for dismissing Wade, when did I do that? I simply state that he isn't as good as LeBron.

My comments regarding Shaq were not aimed at him this year, but in the years to come, when he will morph into a shell of his former self. Yes, he is in shape this year because he probably knows deep down this is his last shot. That Shaq is degrading is common knowledge, and it will become magnified over the coming years.

As for your statistical comments, blah blah blah. LeBron has better numbers across the board. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. As for being clutch, LeBron has been a monster in the 4th quarter this year. Look it up. And finally, the fact that you do not respect my basketball opinions means so little that I can't find the words.

Blueprint said:
WIZARDS??? We're talking about perhaps the WORST defense in the NBA. :roflmao:

Also, he won 2 games in the 4th quarter against the Wizards. You had 1 game where he caught the inbound and nobody was on the baseline, where he WALKED in for the layup. And the other?? You mean the one where even Cavs fans said he traveled?? Please. Try again.

Dwyane Wade has taken over the final quarter of EVERY Miami HEAT playoff victory in ALL THREE of his seasons here, and that's just what it is. I credited LeBron as the best overall player in the league, but to call him more clutch that Dwyane Wade is both ridiculous and stupid at the same time.

Yeah, Chicago and New Jersey were real defensive power houses. I'll say it again, in these playoffs LeBron has been more clutch then Wade. He simply didn't have the team around him.

You implying that LeBron has "walked" his way to game winners is comical. This coming from someone defending Wade, a guy who goes to the line if you so much as look at him. A ton of his points are coming at the line, so don't give me any ref homerism nonsense.

Alex22 said:
We havent been down enough to hit game winning shots

Which fully supports my assertion that LeBron has had bigger 4th quarter moments then Wade in these playoffs.

phinman1 said:
Yeah, Chicago and New Jersey were real defensive power houses. I'll say it again, in these playoffs LeBron has been more clutch then Wade. He simply didn't have the team around him.

You implying that LeBron has "walked" his way to game winners is comical. This coming from someone defending Wade, a guy who goes to the line if you so much as look at him. A ton of his points are coming at the line, so don't give me any ref homerism nonsense.

WOW, you really make it easy for me.

More proof of your basketball knowledge.

I take it that you are trying out some sarcasm there.

I bet you would be surprised to know that Chicago was the #1 defense in the league, New Jersey was the #7 while Lebrons opponents...The Wizards were the #23, and the Pistons the #13.

Oh yeah..you are knowledgable.

phinman1 said:
Which fully supports my assertion that LeBron has had bigger 4th quarter moments then Wade in these playoffs.

I agree...his 2 consecutive spectacular 4th quarters versus the Pistons in game 6 and 7 were stunning performances. :rolleyes2

phinman1 said:

Chicago's the #1 defensive team in the NBA and New Jersey is top 10.

Shows how much you know about the game of basketball.....:rolleyes2

Also, LeBron lost all of his "clutch" credibility when was held SCORELESS in the second half up until the final 3-5 minutes of Game 7, which Detroit already had the game won. Don't give me clutch, because career-wise, LeBron's #3 from that draft class when it comes to showing up in the clutch, behind both Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony.

:lol: @ using the refs as an excuse for Dwyane Wade's greatness.

Seriously, I want you to sit here and lie to me, myself, and the rest of the forum - TELL ME LeBron James did not TRAVEL BLATANTLY in his game 3 game-winner? Cavs fans even admitted it. Didn't you see the jumper in the corner last night that Dwyane Wade made, and was blatantly slapped on he wrist? What about the clutch fade away jumper where he got shoved to the floor by Tayshaun Prince after nailing it (he slapped his arm after the shot, sent him to the deck)? Both were no calls. Sorry, but LeBron James gets way more calls than Dwyane Wade. Everybody knows that. He's the "Golden Child" of the NBA, and I respect that because he is a great player.

As I've said before, LeBron James is the most complete player in the NBA, and perhaps the best individual player as well. However, Dwyane Wade is FAR more clutch, and truthfully, your opinion here doesn't surface because this is not debatable. Dwyane Wade has shown up in the 4th Quarter more than anyone has ever done it in the Conference Finals. Dwyane Wade's FG% in the 4th Quarter of this series is something like 75%, and he's scored double-digits in all four. Talk about being the only player in NBA History to score over 30 PPG at 70% shooting in the Conference Finals, and he's a damn shooting guard who has taken many contested jumpers. And you want to discredit that? Sounds like you're in love with LeBron James a little bit too much - and it's not comical, it's sad!

"Get a room, you two!" :roflmao:

Section126 said:
WOW, you really make it easy for me.

More proof of your basketball knowledge.

I take it that you are trying out some sarcasm there.

I bet you would be surprised to know that Chicago was the #1 defense in the league, New Jersey was the #7 while Lebrons opponents...The Wizards were the #23, and the Pistons the #13.

Oh yeah..you are knowledgable.

Your statistical analysis is similar to your basketball knowledge, that is to say, it sucks. You are obviously going by FG%, but the true indicator of defensive prowess is PPG yielded. In that, the Bulls are middle of the pack at best, and as I stated earlier, hardly a powerhouse. Would you rather allow 40 percent shooting but give up 100 points, or give up 45 percent shooting but allow only 90 per game? The latter correct? If you said yes, then you agree with me, if you said no, well, it wouldn't surprise me much.

Hey, perhaps you coach a kid's team or something. If so, just keep telling them it doesn't matter how many points they allow, just keep the percentage of made shots low.

Lebron James no doubt. He can put his team on his back and carries them. Dwade is good but he's no Lebron. Dwade benefit in having Shaq. Lebron has no option like that on his team so the defense Lebron faces are tougher because the focus is on him. Dwade is not as clutch as Kobe.

Blueprint said:
Chicago's the #1 defensive team in the NBA and New Jersey is top 10.

Shows how much you know about the game of basketball.....:rolleyes2

Also, LeBron lost all of his "clutch" credibility when was held SCORELESS in the second half up until the final 3-5 minutes of Game 7, which Detroit already had the game won. Don't give me clutch, because career-wise, LeBron's #3 from that draft class when it comes to showing up in the clutch, behind both Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony.

:lol: @ using the refs as an excuse for Dwyane Wade's greatness.

Seriously, I want you to sit here and lie to me, myself, and the rest of the forum - TELL ME LeBron James did not TRAVEL BLATANTLY in his game 3 game-winner? Cavs fans even admitted it. Didn't you see the jumper in the corner last night that Dwyane Wade made, and was blatantly slapped on he wrist? What about the clutch fade away jumper where he got shoved to the floor by Tayshaun Prince after nailing it (he slapped his arm after the shot, sent him to the deck)? Both were no calls. Sorry, but LeBron James gets way more calls than Dwyane Wade. Everybody knows that. He's the "Golden Child" of the NBA, and I respect that because he is a great player.

As I've said before, LeBron James is the most complete player in the NBA, and perhaps the best individual player as well. However, Dwyane Wade is FAR more clutch, and truthfully, your opinion here doesn't surface because this is not debatable. Dwyane Wade has shown up in the 4th Quarter more than anyone has ever done it in the Conference Finals. Dwyane Wade's FG% in the 4th Quarter of this series is something like 75%, and he's scored double-digits in all four. Talk about being the only player in NBA History to score over 30 PPG at 70% shooting in the Conference Finals, and he's a damn shooting guard who has taken many contested jumpers. And you want to discredit that? Sounds like you're in love with LeBron James a little bit too much - and it's not comical, it's sad!

"Get a room, you two!" :roflmao:

As for your assertion of Chicago having the best defense, see my Section126 retort. I'm sure LeBron would be saddened to know thay you think he has lost all of his "clutch" credibility. LeBron did have a bad second half against Detroit in game 7, other than that his play was impeccable. How was Wade's performance against Detroit last year in a game 7? If you don't remember, look it up. Wasn't very clutch was he?

As for your ref fixation, I never said Wade's greatness was due to the refs, did I? I was merely trying to point out that Wade, like LeBron gets his share of calls. If you are going to quote a post, read it first.

Here you are saying I am "in love" with LeBron while you wax poetic about Wade for paragraphs on end. Ironic. Finally, your statement that Wade has been more clutch than anyone in a Conference finals ever is so inane I don't know where to begin. At least a statement like that leaves me free to ignore all your future ramblings.

Amars said:
Lebron James no doubt. He can put his team on his back and carries them. Dwade is good but he's no Lebron. Dwade benefit in having Shaq. Lebron has no option like that on his team so the defense Lebron faces are tougher because the focus is on him. Dwade is not as clutch as Kobe.

Bingo. In not pointing that out myself in my myriad responses to the Heat homers, I may have proven Section's point about knowing nothing about basketball.:lol:

phinman1 said:
As for your assertion of Chicago having the best defense, see my Section126 retort. I'm sure LeBron would be saddened to know thay you think he has lost all of his "clutch" credibility. LeBron did have a bad second half against Detroit in game 7, other than that his play was impeccable. How was Wade's performance against Detroit last year in a game 7? If you don't remember, look it up. Wasn't very clutch was he?

As for your ref fixation, I never said Wade's greatness was due to the refs, did I? I was merely trying to point out that Wade, like LeBron gets his share of calls. If you are going to quote a post, read it first.

Here you are saying I am "in love" with LeBron while you wax poetic about Wade for paragraphs on end. Ironic. Finally, your statement that Wade has been more clutch than anyone in a Conference finals ever is so inane I don't know where to begin. At least a statement like that leaves me free to ignore all your future ramblings.

I think Dwade was hurt during game 7 vs. Piston. But anyways Lebron is better then Wade. Wade is great but I think he benefit alot because of Shaq. Look at the guard who benefit from Shaq presence Penny Hardway, Kobe Bryant, Dwade. Imagine Lebron with Shaq as his center they will be the most dominant tandem ever.

Back
Top Bottom