ESPN ON ACHANE - WHO IS ON DRUGS, ME OR THEM? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN ON ACHANE - WHO IS ON DRUGS, ME OR THEM?

A lot of people think he might be the starter, due to injury at some point in the season. It is certainly a valid thought, and that is the situation for Miami at a number of spots. It’s pretty unlikely we will have as many injuries as last year, but we are more prepared for it, and the position being discussed is one of them. It’s at least intriguing.
I think it could be injury or talent. At a minimum, he'll be part of a committee that I suspect will use the RBs more, both as runners and receivers than what we saw last season.

I think he was one of the leaders in YAC with the Jets.
With 18 receptions, for less than 150 yds last year, I doubt it.

Anyway, I was speaking, specifically, of hot reads with a free blitzer as it pertains to the slot position. Getting separation on a normal play is a different story.

ESPNs projected receiving stats for Achane this year in total. Seems to me he is more likely to do this is one game than one year. Achane is not to be found in their top 5 rookie rushers. They have the 5th place rookie at 300 yards on the ground and 2 TDs:

Running back receiving yards and touchdowns​

1. Jahmyr Gibbs, Detroit Lions: 379 yards, 2 TDs
2. Bijan Robinson, Atlanta Falcons: 376 yards, 2 TDs
3. Zach Charbonnet, Seattle Seahawks: 187 yards, 1 TD
4. Devon Achane, Miami Dolphins: 142 yards, 1 TD
5. Chase Brown, Cincinnati Bengals: 139 yards, 1 TD

That didn’t age well did it? Whoever projected that is a damn fool…

i had him on my fantasy team, on the bench. and started that chump chargers RB instead. i should be fired. this kid is good!

I was smart enough to draft him, but also had him on the bench for this game.

Why wouldn’t I? He didn’t play in game one and only played a small factor last week.

But I’ll have in the lineup going forward. Especially after losing Nick Chubb for the season, Achane could provide my fantasy team with a lifeboat. I also picked up and played Zach Moss this week.

I was smart enough to draft him, but also had him on the bench for this game.

Why wouldn’t I? He didn’t play in game one and only played a small factor last week.

But I’ll have in the lineup going forward. Especially after losing Nick Chubb for the season, Achane could provide my fantasy team with a lifeboat. I also picked up and played Zach Moss this week.
Yup I will be starting Achane too, although Buffalo will be tough. BTW amazing Chubb only tore his ACL, if you saw the replay it looked much worse than that. Fantasy is so tough because of the injuries. Sadly not much skill left to it anymore either, because everyone has the same cheat sheets. So it often comes down to injuries, and just random luck week to week. In the old days, without the cheat sheets and computers, it was much more interesting

how do you pronounce the kids name? is it A-Chain (this is what they were doing on the broadcast), or A-kane? Or just TD?

Back
Top Bottom