ESPN proposed Dolphins trade for Russell Wilson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN proposed Dolphins trade for Russell Wilson

Seattle offers you Russell Wilson for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

• We have a deal!

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Nah bro, I'm good.

Votes: 125 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DolfanDaveInMI

Active Roster
Reaction score
ESPN's Bill Barnwell has an article outlining potential trade packages for Russell Wilson from four teams, including Miami.

For Miami, we would acquire Wilson in exchange for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

If you're in Chris Grier's shoes, are you taking the deal?

ESPN's Bill Barnwell has an article outlining potential trade packages for Russell Wilson from four teams, including Miami.

For Miami, we would acquire Wilson in exchange for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

If you're in Chris Grier's shoes, are you taking the deal?
keep 3? sign me up

Like that a whole lot better than the Watson proposals I've seen. His salary would be a lot lower for us compared to Watson with so much of it in his signing bonus which Seattle would have to incur on their cap. I'm still most likely going all in with Tua.

Wilson has been a great QB in the NFL, if this was 5 years ago, I would do it in a heartbeat but he's north of 30 now and honestly last year while starting off the season on fire, his play was somewhat suspect. Is he better than Tua right now, absolutely, much less of a question than even Watson. But I'm not sure how long that situation will remain like that.

I think one thing with all these trade for this QB and trade for this other QB threads that is forgotten about is the value of having a QB on a rookie deal, it's basically giving you a free $30 mill or more in cap space, that's two quality starters. Good teams ride that contract for as long as they can, they don't just throw away that advantage.

Back
Top Bottom