ESPN proposed Dolphins trade for Russell Wilson | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN proposed Dolphins trade for Russell Wilson

Seattle offers you Russell Wilson for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

• We have a deal!

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Nah bro, I'm good.

Votes: 125 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Easy question to ask in all of these QB trade scenarios........Are we a super bowl ready team??? We dont have a #1 WR, we dont have a #1 RB, we have a young OL , we need a S and LB. So you trade all these chips that could fill some of those needs and bring in Watson or Rusty. Can either of them win throwing to Parker, Preston and the rest of the WR crew. I say no, I think we would be a middle of the pack team that would be fighting for a wild card. Lets just shut all this nonsense down and follow the plan. I think we can all agree, so far so good with what Flo and the FO has done so far, lets see this thing all the way to end.
A defense like ours can win you a Super Bowl. Please let me know what it’s like to have a defense AND a stud QB. Tua, Watson, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez- I don’t care.

10 wins despite those shortfalls you mentioned. Logic dictates that a Watson or Wilson (I don’t advocate this trade due to Wilson’s age) can get us there.

Plus, why are we always talking Super Bowl? Yes. It’s the end game. Duh. I get it. But how the hell yah gonna hit the lotto without a ticket? You have to put yourself in position first and that starts with the playoffs.

Im still hoping that Lawrence drops to #3. Or, we trade #3, Tua, and a 2nd for the first pick.

Since neither the Seahawks or the Texans have indicated that they are going to trade either of these QB’s, I am not sure how you have determined they are available. Wilson has some issues with the Seahawks but I don’t see him being traded and since he is under contract, I suspect you will see him playing QB for the Seahawks next season.

Obviously the Watson situation is different because it has been reported he will sit out the season instead of play for the Texans. Yet with a new GM and HC and a team that needs to be rebuilt, the Texans are in no hurry to trade Watson. If they are smart, they would let him sit out the 2021 season with no pay. Eventually Watson will realize that his only option if he wants to play in the NFL is to work out his issues with the Texans.

You state that picking players in the draft is no sure thing. You then add that we over value the picks the Dolphins have in the draft. Yet you expect the Texans to trade Watson for these so called over valued draft picks and then hope they select solid players with those picks. If the draft is as bad as you imply it is in regards to selecting good NFL players, the Texans would be idiots for trading away a top 5 QB for any draft picks.

I think your view of the draft is the perfect reason why the Seahawks and Texans should refuse to trade either of their QB’s. Both teams have top caliber QB’s now and trading either of them for draft picks would make no sense because as you stated, ”there is no sure thing when it comes to draft picks”.

Exactly. And we would be idiots for not trying to obtain Watson/Wilson IF they become available.

Back
Top Bottom