EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 100 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Nevermind the details involved in having an explosive offense.

Just do it.......

Sometimes it's like Hitler, moving around armies, that didn't exist, on his operations table map around here.
This! I want to see a successful downfield vertical passing game, and I don't care if they have the o-line or WRs needed... just do it!!!

For me, below is the difference I see between Fitz and Tua.

First, Tua's own words:

Part of Tagovailoa’s early struggles are due to his lack of familiarity with his receivers. Tagovailoa threw for a season-low 82 yards and was sacked six times before being benched in Miami’s Week 11 loss to Denver. After the defeat, Tagovailoa said he made a key observation from watching Fitzpatrick take over in the fourth quarter.

“It’s one thing hearing from Fitz when I come to the sideline, ‘Taking completions, it may seem like he’s covered but you’ve just got to get completions,’” Tagovailoa said. “It’s another seeing him go out there and doing it. For me, a lot of the time I see guys who are covered, but they’re not necessarily covered, if that makes sense. Just being able to see a lot of what Fitz was doing when he got in, a lot of it was a learning lesson for me.”

Coach Flores:

Said Flores: “Receiver separation, I know they’ve got the Next Gen Stats . . . they’ve got all of those statistics. But a lot of times, a guy like DeVante, who is a big body, he is long, there might be a guy right on him. But if you throw it inside — if the guy is on his back and you throw it inside — his arm length is the separation. While it might be a millimeter or centimeter based on the Next Gen Stats, you can get that ball in there. It’s case by case. As a defender, you want to have tight coverage.”

Chan Gailey:

“You have to keep working with the receivers,” offensive coordinator Chan Gailey said recently. “You have to keep working with the routes. And you have to see it time after time after time to know this guy is going to come open, I just have to throw it in the spot and let him go get it. And other times, don’t try to force the ball.

Gailey continued: “It’s easy to say, ‘Oh you should have thrown it. Tua’s seeing things and he’s looking for things. Part of that’s on receivers. We’ve got to do a better job of getting open at times and beating coverage. I’ve got to do a better job of calling plays, where he doesn’t have to stand there and hold it waiting for guys to get down the field. It’s a combination.”

More from Tua:

“It’s not me playing like I’m scared or anything,” Tagovailoa said Wednesday. “It’s me trusting what I see. If I don’t see the guy open, I’m not going to throw it, and that’s really how it’s been in the games and also in practice, too. It’s one of those things where you’ve just got to practice. You see it, you practice, get throws with guys in tight coverages and tight windows and then you kind of dictate how you felt through that and if you didn’t like it, then it won’t happen in the game. So that’s kind of how I see it.”

DVP:

Said wide receiver DeVante Parker on Tagovailoa: “He responds well. Tua, his confidence is still there as well as in the game. His confidence is still there and he’ll be just fine. We’ve still got plenty of more games left, so he’s got plenty of time to bounce back. . . . I think I’ve mentioned it to him once before, but I’m not really sure. I feel like if you just throw it up and give me a chance, I’m going to come down with it. Either me or I’m going to make sure (the defender) doesn’t get it. That’s all I need is a chance, but we’re going to work on that.”

As much as I wish Miami had Jeudy, Waddle, Juedy and Ruggs, we don't. So for Miami's offense to be successful this year under Tua moving forward he has to learn to trust the two best options on the team...DVP and Gesicki. Neither get much separation, but they can both catch when covered. Obviously DVP more so.

Hopefully Miami has a much improved receiving corps next year, but Tua has to deal with the reality of his options today.

None of this is to blame Tua, he is doing what he has been trained to do and does it at a high level. He is excellent going through his reads. However, on the Dolphins rarely is there a receiver open so he has to start relying on the playmakers, mostly DVP. Parker has one of the best catch radius the Dolphins have ever had at WR. That has been the formula of success for Miami's offense with Fitz at QB which has produced significantly better this year when he has played.

Last edited:
I have a feeling we are gonna have the ball a lot today. Let’s drop a 40 burger on their ***

Let's not be so cautious, lets go for a 50 burger.

Who knows, some day I might get to see that 50 burger. It would really be a great way to top off a Superbowl this year - LOL

If you could only have one, which one is more important this season, seeing positive development and growth from Tua or making the playoffs?

Back
Top Bottom