Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

Let's recap:

1st drive Tannehill is hit three times and still throws a TD pass
2nd drive Gore screws up and 8 man protection isn't enough.
3rd drive so close on the throw to Drake to get out of a hole.
4th drive Jesse Davis, just..... WTF.
5th drive two holding penalties
6th drive TD pass.

I think Drake should have made that catch! From my view, he short armed that in fear of the safety coming on and potentially lighting him up. It was actually a pretty good throw....

Yeah if it’s 6 on 4 that means they are dropping 7. Jesse Davis can’t lose like that. Not that quickly at least.

Very disappointing player.

So much of it is coaching. Here is the beginning of the near safety.

0WvcHItK8rx4IwBu4TTQDUaLGbvQxF

Very simple pass rush. two on one side and two on the other with 6 blockers. Brendel goes to the left and makes it 4 vs 2 and only 2 v 2 on the right. He needs to help Davis here. Here is a frame from a couple seconds later. He never makes contact with a Bills player. Meanwhile Davis was walked into the end zone.

EKDP6HRfqRSZ2iG5grmLiWP4MLWNJI

I don't understand how a linemen can just stand in the center of the field and do nothing.

I think Drake should have made that catch! From my view, he short armed that in fear of the safety coming on and potentially lighting him up. It was actually a pretty good throw....

Yeah, good throw to a very tough spot. Sometimes the defense makes a play. Could have been caught but he is getting smacked there. And I agree, he did short arm it.

I’m not really sure where you are getting that from. What makes you think he’s starter caliber at tackle?

Miamis got a tough decision to make with james. Dump Kilgore’s money and maybe that helps make it.

I would go with tunsil, Sitton, brendel, Davis, James next year. Likely Swanson as active depth and maybe either one more draft piece for the top 8 rotation and maybe Sterup as the tackle.

But I would start brendel. Swanson’s concussion history makes him a tough one to rely on in the top 7 but we may have to.

Just figure we’ll **** this up somehow.

Figure Juwan is gonna require 10+ AAV at minimum and we know Tunsil is getting 17+ AAV when he is due.

Plus Howard will be 15+

You know we panic when big money is due.

Gotta work that paycut for Ryan, and I am guessing rescind on Parker. Gonna see if Mike T can earn that paycheck lmao.

There’s no reason for Miami to do anything with tunsil this offseason other than pick up that 5th year. An extension right now would be a mike t special.

Lock up x and make a decision on two guys james and Kiko. If I can get out of that Kiko money I may well do it. He’s been awful the last 3 games and I’m tired of the stupid personal foul penalties. That just means you have to invest in a starting caliber lb though cause raekwon is trash.

I’d bet money wake will be back will quinn? Tough to say. Branch is the easiest dump contract in football.

Very simple pass rush. two on one side and two on the other with 6 blockers. Brendel goes to the left and makes it 4 vs 2 and only 2 v 2 on the right. He needs to help Davis here. Here is a frame from a couple seconds later. He never makes contact with a Bills player. Meanwhile Davis was walked into the end zone.

I don't understand how a linemen can just stand in the center of the field and do nothing.

Looks like protection slanted to the left that’s why brendel is looking left. Likely cause of that edge guy on o Leary or maybe a show lb that dropped out etc.

Davis has to do better. Zone scheme remember responsible for an area not a man by and large. Depends on shoulders attacked etc and pre snap show

I don’t know who coaches our lineman on both sides of the ball. We are a very undisciplined team.

On the DL side we’re playing a mobile rookie who’d very much rather run the ball than pass it and what does our DL do the entire time? Rush right up the field leaving gaping holes for the guy to make his best Mike Vick impression.

I was like surely they should realize by this point in the season tackles and schemes are inviting them up the field. No?

What week is this and hey still haven’t realized that yet.

Oh my favorite play was when the tackle invited either Quinn or Branch inside and of course he took it and got smashed down inside leaving his entire outside contain completely open. Easy 10-15 yard run for he QB.

Admittedly, we don’t have the size to collapse the pocket and that’s been a huge problem.

There’s no reason for Miami to do anything with tunsil this offseason other than pick up that 5th year. An extension right now would be a mike t special.

Lock up x and make a decision on two guys james and Kiko. If I can get out of that Kiko money I may wel do it. He’s been awful the last 3 games and I’m tired of the stupid personal foul penalties. That just means you have to invest in a starting caliber lb though cause raekwon is trash.

Oh I agree, no need to move on Laremy but you also open lines of communication up this offseason and you see how friendly of a deal he’d be willing to take to get paid a year early. You may get him at a long term discounted rate ala Tyron Smith.

But are we smart enough to pull something off like that . . . .probably not.

Im thinking long term about our studs . . . .Tunsil and X . . . .dont care for anyone else when it comes to cap dollars.

And remember if you work a pay cut with Tannehill you likely are gonna add to your guaranteed money or cap hit at least for 2020.

So it’s possible they ask him to play it out as is. Kirk cousins did it for a year in Washington pretty similar in terms of inflated cap hit.

And remember if you work a pay cut with Tannehill you likely are gonna add to your guaranteed money or cap hit at least for 2020.

So it’s possible they ask him to play it out as is. Kirk cousins did it for a year in Washington pretty similar in terms of inflated cap hit.

No, we shouldn’t restructure Ryan Tannehill.

He needs to take a direct paycut . . . Period.

Guarantee the entire 2019 salary if he takes $7 million off the base which puts him at $12 million and the cap hit under $20 million. Keep his 2020 alive for him in case he has a great year.

Its more than fair for the time he has missed and the money he has already pocketed from the restructure.

There’s no way he’s taking $12 million as a starting nfl qb not on a rookie deal.

That’s not happening. It’s gonna have to have at least a $17 million on it.

let just say bills and jets def line was better than dolphins offense line but we still manage to win games.

I don’t know who coaches our lineman on both sides of the ball. We are a very undisciplined team.

On the DL side we’re playing a mobile rookie who’d very much rather run the ball than pass it and what does our DL do the entire time? Rush right up the field leaving gaping holes for the guy to make his best Mike Vick impression.

I was like surely they should realize by this point in the season tackles and schemes are inviting them up the field. No?

What week is this and hey still haven’t realized that yet.

Oh my favorite play was when the tackle invited either Quinn or Branch inside and of course he took it and got smashed down inside leaving his entire outside contain completely open. Easy 10-15 yard run for he QB.

Admittedly, we don’t have the size to collapse the pocket and that’s been a huge problem.

We underestimated Allen’s speed. Specifically in thinking that our lb level Kiko mainly could limit it. He couldn’t.

But there should have been a half time adjustment on it and there never was.

Just more blown assignments and communication issues when the snap was imminent.

Fire the dc.

There’s no way he’s taking $12 million as a starting nfl qb not on a rookie deal.

That’s not happening. It’s gonna have to have at least a $17 million on it.

Wut?

I suggest you check around and see how deals are structured.

$12 million is perfectly acceptable for a annual base. Keep in mind he has already received 2 signing bonuses and is still counting $20 million on the cap after a $7 million dollar paycut.

https://overthecap.com/player/philip-rivers/473/

Just an example

Wut?

I suggest you check around and see how deals are structured.

$12 million is perfectly acceptable for a annual base. Keep in mind he has already received 2 signing bonuses and is still counting $20 million on the cap after a $7 million dollar paycut.

https://overthecap.com/player/philip-rivers/473/

Just an example

Looks like I stand corrected. I think it’s possible he takes that to stay. Depends on if there is a riff developing between him and gase. If I’m him I’d take it.

Leaves 2020 on the table and buys Miami time to draft (likely this year) if it’s there some real competition.

I just think you are gonna have a hard time getting a guy who likely finishes with a 100 plus qbr over 11 games to take too mucb of a cut. Especially if his representation feels like he has other options.

They may just say cut me then.

Back
Top Bottom