Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

@Kdawg954 What you are saying is reasonable to us, but what player has taken a straight pay cut? Haven't heard of that very often (if ever), short of some vet on the very end of their career like Wake's situation. Usually it's extend a year, guarantee that year and a little more the next, making more guaranteed but less average/hit. That may be doable and make it tradable in 2020.
The Fins don't really have much leverage. If they cut him, the hit is huge and if they do post June 1st, it's just adding more to the next year, plus whatever u have to pay to some journey man, which is still 10-15 a year.
I would just eat the year and stop all this dead money, but I would have done that with Suh as well and they chose not to.

Looks like I stand corrected. I think it’s possible he takes that to stay. Depends on if there is a riff developing between him and gase. If I’m him I’d take it.

Leaves 2020 on the table and buys Miami time to draft (likely this year) if it’s there some real competition.

I just think you are gonna have a hard time getting a guy who likely finishes with a 100 plus qbr over 11 games to take too mucb of a cut. Especially if his representation feels like he has other options.

They may just say cut me then.

Yea I mean its a balancing act for sure.

It would take some good faith from Ryan and his team knowing Steve Ross cut him the check this offseason only to see him miss more games after already missing an entire season.

Obviously he could play hardball and say cut me and Miami could just roll with him and then cut him after the preseason and limit his options . . . .but it doesn’t have to get that dirty.

If he did take the paycut . . . from 2017 to 2019 he would of still netted $50 million in cash despite missing hopefully just half of the games from those 3 years and with a $20 million option on the table for 2020.

Its is clean business but we’ll see. I think a $27 million dollar cap hit is just ridiculous for 2019 tho. That can’t be the final number.

@Kdawg954 What you are saying is reasonable to us, but what player has taken a straight pay cut? Haven't heard of that very often (if ever), short of some vet on the very end of their career like Wake's situation. Usually it's extend a year, guarantee that year and a little more the next, making more guaranteed but less average/hit. That may be doable and make it tradable in 2020.
The Fins don't really have much leverage. If they cut him, the hit is huge and if they do post June 1st, it's just adding more to the next year, plus whatever u have to pay to some journey man, which is still 10-15 a year.
I would just eat the year and stop all this dead money, but I would have done that with Suh as well and they chose not to.

That’s well said. But if we do cut him I’d bet all the money in my wallet Miami beelines to Teddy Bridgewater on a 2 year fully guaranteed in year one or close to fully at least contract. Which means you are gonna have an assload of money locked up in 2019 in the position.

Like at or north of $30 mil

Reactions: pmj

I mean how often does a player have an ACL at the end of a season . . . .injures it again to miss an entire season and then miss another handful of games the next season . . . With his contract?

Its not a normal situation.

I mean how often does a player have an ACL at the end of a season . . . .injures it again to miss an entire season and then miss another handful of games the next season . . . With his contract?

Agreed but only option is Ryan/Gase/Ross discussing it. Agents sure don't give a damn.

Tannehill takes a pay cut and Miami drafts Haskins to sit for a year like the Chiefs did with Mahomes and Smith.

It’s not but he plays qb. He might do the team a solid. I don’t think he’s the type to take it as an insult. These last 4 games may play into it.

It’s not but he plays qb. He might do the team a solid. I don’t think he’s the type to take it as an insult. These last 4 games may play into it.

I do agree with that.

Ryan could absolutely make this a non starter these last 4 games.

I do agree with that.

Ryan could absolutely make this a non starter these last 4 games.

Well let’s just hope for a split these next two. Nothing this teams done the last 2 weeks even remotely says we deserve it.

I am not saying this base on hate or like. I am just looking at big pictures. the dolphins are being scare
thill17 is replaceable and he is not future. it not that we have to have him to win. sign the key player and get good rookie qb. I have seen 4 to 5 good qb in college football this yr. should be coming out.

Last edited:
I can live with the Tunsil/Brendal/Swanson/Davis/James line next week.

Gonna be interesting to see what Exotic looks BB throws this group next week.

Seen this group completely shut down a dominant Bears front 7. They are due for a better performance than what we saw against Buffalo.

Tannehill takes a pay cut and Miami drafts Haskins to sit for a year like the Chiefs did with Mahomes and Smith.
We messed that up already by winning yesterday. Haskins will be gone before our pick. If we move up for him then he'd be the starter week one.

I can live with the Tunsil/Brendal/Swanson/Davis/James line next week.

Gonna be interesting to see what Exotic looks BB throws this group next week.

Seen this group completely shut down a dominant Bears front 7. They are due for a better performance than what we saw against Buffalo.
Wasn't that the game Mack got hurt early? He wasn't the 100% Mack after he got hurt in that game but yes, the O-line did well in that game.

I think what miami does at de this offseason in free agency or with its own will be very telling on if they plan on making a move in the draft for a qb.

One of those blockbuster deals. De handling is the tell. I could see some players traded for draft capitol too.

Back
Top Bottom