Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

It's worked for us before..

I'd take a chance to get some yards before I'd run a draw again, cause we all know how this fanbase feels about "giving" up on a possession. Can't be happy with any play call around here..

The draw is more acceptable in that situation. It is the first quarter and you are punting to Josh Allen.

The Indy situation was completely different.

Let's recap:

1st drive Tannehill is hit three times and still throws a TD pass
2nd drive Gore screws up and 8 man protection isn't enough.
3rd drive so close on the throw to Drake to get out of a hole.
4th drive Jesse Davis, just..... WTF.
5th drive two holding penalties
6th drive TD pass.

His clocks a little slow right now imo but yeah that was o line play and assignment play all the way. Almost hit the wheel on the rub imo drake could have left his feet for that but it was gonna be tough and he felt that safety coming over.

Doesn’t matter much because we blow so many damn assignments on both sides of the ball this team has no business going anywhere but back to the draft.

What were your thoughts on the almost safety?

Could Ryan of done better there or Should the oline held their blocks longer?

Since we are sharing the love between OL and RBs in pass pro.

Whether it was all deep routes or not I feel that Ryan needs to be quicker to leave the pocket there or look for the check down. I think overall Ryan played fine yesterday but sometimes he is too rigid in what he does

What were your thoughts on the almost safety?

Could Ryan of done better there or Should the oline held their blocks longer?

Since we are sharing the love between OL and RBs in pass pro.

He should have gotten rid of the ball sooner, but I don't like Jesse Davis on skates and I don't like being in 3rd and 16 on the 7 yard line. As long as he doesn't give up the safety, we're punting anyway. Davis gets pushed back 8 yards. 6 blockers against 4 pass rushers. How about we win that once in a while?

B/t where are the blitz hot site adjustments that used to be in this offense?

I guess when you have the right number of guys to block the defense you don’t need them but still where’s the making the opposition pay for blitzing gone?

Seems to be all flats release

I do have to admit, it's not all on the OL. Here is a shot of Frank Gore chipping in with a "WTF" play. First sack of the game. EIGHT, count em, EIGHT blockers. Frank Gore, inexplicably ignores the free blitzer to go stand in the middle of a scrum instead.

If the picture were clearer, you'd see the "oh ****!" look on his face.

NdVfLniCtapkvbdb59SSEQZzVSGFoQ.png

I believe this sack happens because of three mistakes.
  1. Brendel did not block the DT next to Frank. I am not sure if it is a complete whiff or releasing to early for a screen.
  2. O’Leary fails to make an adjustment to his route. He makes a faux block to the inside before he will run a route to the sideline from his position in their picture. He should have altered his faux block and chipped 20. This is the biggest mistake in my opinion. As soon as #20 is ignored by O’Leary, he blitzes. Good decision by #20.
  3. Frank does not see the delayed blitz. I am not sure if he is helping Brendel or if he is positioned for a screen.

He should have gotten rid of the ball sooner, but I don't like Jesse Davis on skates and I don't like being in 3rd and 16 and the 7 yard line. As long as he doesn't give up the safety, we're punting anyway. Davis gets pushed back 8 yards. 6 blockers against 4 pass rushers. How about we win that once in a while?

Yeah if it’s 6 on 4 that means they are dropping 7. Jesse Davis can’t lose like that. Not that quickly at least.

Very disappointing player.

The offensive line is bad and is hands down the reason why that game was in anyway close however the QB has got to know that he can't trust the protection and use his legs like Allen did against us.

B/t where are the blitz hot site adjustments that used to be in this offense?

I guess when you have the right number of guys to block the defense you don’t need them but still where’s the making the opposition pay for blitzing gone?

Seems to be all flats release

All three sacks in the first half we had more blockers than pass rushers. If you cannot win the 6 v 4 and 8 v 6 battles, you're screwed.

There's always something with this qb holding him back. He's always been a tier 2, tier 3 qb. I've seen enough this season to know he will never rise any further. Sorry, I want better, I'm ready to move on from him.

I am fine with your position. The problem is that this is a topic about the OL poor performance. Please stick to the topic. Do you think the QB deserves the lion share of the fault or not. I do not!

Yeah if it’s 6 on 4 that means they are dropping 7. Jesse Davis can’t lose like that. Not that quickly at least.

Very disappointing player.

He’ll be your 2019 starting RT so just prepare for that. I like his potential more out there anyway.

All three sacks in the first half we had more blockers than pass rushers. If you cannot win the 6 v 4 and 8 v 6 battles, you're screwed.

The 3rd sack I think it was was that a 3 step? The one where the defender spun on Jesse davis? If it was that might be why davis never turned to try and ride him by anticipating ball out of hand to the primary.

Looked like Ryan came off one initial read there. I could see that one being potentially on him if they took away his pre snap read.

Something was off about that play.

I am fine with your position. The problem is that this is a topic about the OL poor performance. Please stick to the topic. Do you think the QB deserves the lion share of the fault or not. I do not!
An OL discussion will always bring the qb to the debate, they go hand in hand. I said my feelings on the matter on page 9. The OL stinks but the qb plays like he's in a sleeping bag.

He’ll be your 2019 starting RT so just prepare for that. I like his potential more out there anyway.

I’m not really sure where you are getting that from. What makes you think he’s starter caliber at tackle?

Miamis got a tough decision to make with james. Dump Kilgore’s money and maybe that helps make it.

I would go with tunsil, Sitton, brendel, Davis, James next year. Likely Swanson as active depth and maybe either one more draft piece for the top 8 rotation and maybe Sterup as the tackle.

But I would start brendel. Swanson’s concussion history makes him a tough one to rely on in the top 7 but we may have to.

Brendel the 2nd best o lineman playing right now.

And I don’t think miami can afford to invest high draft capitol in the o line the way the front 7 on d is playing and with no 2nd boundary unless it’s minkah.

Not to mention flex tight end sucks too. So many problems.

Back
Top Bottom