Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

With a huge assist to Jordan Phillips. Taking the ball out of his hands on 3rd and 1 to run a wildcat with s 3rd string rookie clearly indicates Gase has lost confidence in him.
This is the most absurd thing I’ve read. Let’s just call a spade a spade, it was just flat out plain stupid call by the coach. It had nothing to do with Tannehill. Some of you guys just like to Piss in a fan, but unfortunately you can’t reach the ceiling fan.

Funny, I never even suggested that I blame it all on coaching.

And Billy Turner was named to the PFF team of the week vs. San Diego.

And watching him move like a gazelle in comparison to that stiff #62 is embarrassing.

Dude was clearly talented as hell.

Oh come on. Lets take it down a notch. You are talking about a guy whose played in 7 games in three years. He had a good game in 5 years he's been in the league.

Turner wouldn't even be starting if Leary wasn't /is injured

He's started 7 games in 3 years with Denver, with all 7 this season
Don't make it look like he is some kinda star(talented as hell) when he's not

Oh come on. Lets take it down a notch. You are talking about a guy whose played in 7 games in three years. He had a good game in 5 years he's been in the league.

What does being talented as hell have to do with being a star?

All I was suggesting is we can sit up here and watch Larsen’s unathletic ass look like a sloth for two years or at least properly attempt to develop a day 2/3 pick with athletic gifts and youth instead of giving up that for substandard athleticism.

People vouching for assets to be used on the offensive line but unless they are top 20 picks we have yet to show where we can properly develop these guys. I am not wasting that on OLine in a deep defensive draft.

Nobody is saying wait on Turner for 7 years like we are doing Ryan . . . But I would much rather see that type of player kept around over stuffing guys like Larsen and Steen in the mix. The athleticism was very visible as were the flashes.

Absolutely you have to continue looking at Tannehill. The Qb needs to do everything in his power to help out.
But lets not kid ourselves here, OL stability is critical.

If you watched even the great Drew Brees against the Cowboys the other day then you'd understand.

That Cowboys Dline gave that Saints Ol fits and guess what? Drew Brees wasn't looking like Drew Brees HOF anymore.

So the great Drew Brees struggled against the Cowboys . . . .wake us all up when it becomes a 7 year struggle.

As innacurate as Josh Allen is he is a guy that put the Bills offense on his back and damn near pulled out a victory yesterday.

if the game slows down for him and he becomes a little more refined as a passer we're ****** for the next 10 years. he is big ben 2.0

This is the most absurd thing I’ve read. Let’s just call a spade a spade, it was just flat out plain stupid call by the coach. It had nothing to do with Tannehill. Some of you guys just like to Piss in a fan, but unfortunately you can’t reach the ceiling fan.
Two weeks in a row he has taken the ball away from the QB in critical spots. You can call it anything you want except a coincidence.

Stopped reading at page 5

Page 10.... is this thread about offensive line again? Or more qb arguing?

Two weeks in a row he has taken the ball away from the QB in critical spots. You can call it anything you want except a coincidence.

Kind of like the QB competition Gase has brought in during his tenure here, anything but a coincidence...

I do have to admit, it's not all on the OL. Here is a shot of Frank Gore chipping in with a "WTF" play. First sack of the game. EIGHT, count em, EIGHT blockers. Frank Gore, inexplicably ignores the free blitzer to go stand in the middle of a scrum instead.

If the picture were clearer, you'd see the "oh ****!" look on his face.

NdVfLniCtapkvbdb59SSEQZzVSGFoQ.png

So the great Drew Brees struggled against the Cowboys . . . .wake us all up when it becomes a 7 year struggle.

He hasnt struggled over 7 years. Your agenda sure has changed. You advocated for the same QB for the past 3-4 years. Now he has struggled for 7 years.

13 TDs
6 Ints
98 Passer Rating
This is in 7 games. He's got a bum shoulder. You can tell. Doesnt have the arm at the moment. Most wouldnt consider that struggling. He threw 3 tds yesterday against the #2 defense in the league with pretty shitty oline play. We scored 21 points. But you want to ship him off because we can save $13 million

Yeah way too many blown assignments, players for some reason not being able to do even basic stuff right. Is Gase's playbook that complex that the players are in a spin and even the easy stuff is proving difficult?

For three years now his playcalling has absolutely sucked in every situation possible. You can’t sit here and say that he trusts a third string running back that has a total of 8 yards, give or take on the season more then Tannehill. I do think we need to upgrade the quarterback, but to say this is just ridiculous. It was just another flat out stupid play.

It's as simple as that. Holding penalties to blown assignments it prevents us from running anything. It's embarrasing how bad our interior line is.

I happen to agree that the success of this offense is through the o-line. Still need a legit WR who makes teams game plan against. Still need a legit DE to pressure QBs. Gesicki needs to take a huge leap next year. Need a top notch MLB too...still have many needs beyond an o-line. But they can be a playoff team (albeit bottom of the list) with a legit o-line.

Back
Top Bottom