Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

With a huge assist to Jordan Phillips. Taking the ball out of his hands on 3rd and 1 to run a wildcat with s 3rd string rookie clearly indicates Gase has lost confidence in him.

Last week I agree, that 3rd and 1 was not a passing situation. You either sneak it, which we never d and works like 99% of the time for other teams, or give it to Gore. Wildcat was an absolute **** show of a call.

The salary cap is the most overrated thing in the world. It's easily manipulated, the 3 YPC guys literally laugh at the cap police. While I agree Tanny should agree to take a pay cut we can free up plenty of money to fix the team in 2019 without touching him. It just depends where you spend it, we suck at that part.

Cap manipulation only works if your team is ready to win now.

You think that is the case with this **** faced defense and poor interior offensive line?

Not to mention you will need to pay Howard and Tunsil top 3 contracts to keep them.

We have “easily” manipulated it forever and it has gotten us nowhere and we are kings of the dead cap.

Cap manipulation works if you are the Rams . . . .where u drafted aces and then used the cap to your advantage to complete a championship contender.

Our issue is we don’t draft consistently well enough to be manipulating the cap at the rate we manipulate it.

Cap manipulation only works if your team is ready to win now.

You think that is the case with this **** faced defense and poor interior offensive line?

Not to mention you will need to pay Howard and Tunsil top 3 contracts to keep them.

We have “easily” manipulated it forever and it has gotten us nowhere and we are kings of the dead cap.

Cap manipulation works if you are the Rams . . . .where u drafted aces and then used the cap to your advantage to complete a championship contender.

Our issue is we don’t draft consistently well enough to be manipulating the cap at the rate we manipulate it.

Can't argue with this much and while I do believe fast turnarounds are possible in the NFL we've had lots of money to spend in the past and it hasn't worked out. I think they're looking at having over 100 million in space with some obvious moves even if you keep everything the same with Ryan. Absolutely have to lock those 2 guys up. It's funny because as bad as we draft if you look through the AFC East draft thread since 2014 someone started those 2 might be the 2 best players.

We've reached a new level of ridiculousness. This is the new standard for using backhanded compliments to trash the QB. Game winning TD is now a reason to bad mouth the QB.

His passes now "result in TDs". LOL.
I’ll credit him where its due and I do realize he’s capable of making great throws. That said, he has become injury plaguedand is still inconsistent in sustaining a high level of play over an extended amount of games.

Pretty sure no team wants to trade for him because his overall performance doesn’t equal his cap hit.

The salary cap is the most overrated thing in the world. It's easily manipulated, the 3 YPC guys literally laugh at the cap police. While I agree Tanny should agree to take a pay cut we can free up plenty of money to fix the team in 2019 without touching him. It just depends where you spend it, we suck at that part.

Easily manipulated if you don’t have Tannenbaum in the building trying to decide between licking windows, blowing bubbles, or restructuring already insane contracts. Your entire line of thinking blows up with Suh and his $23 million dead cap hit. Tannehill and Jones shouldn’t be too far behind.

It only looks easy to teams with an eye to the future and people in place who know what they’re doing. The Dolphins are only concerned with being mediocre right now and people who don’t deserve the jobs they have.

Last edited:
I love the rookie QB lust exaggeration, it's my favorite part of having a rookie QB. Allen did some nice things yesterday. He moves around awesome, that's really impressive. But he led his team to 17 points, turned the ball over twice and here's the kicker he did it against our defense, which 90% of the site thinks is terrible, and a lame duck DC. Is our defense good when it's convenient? He made Kiko, who everybody thinks is terrible, look like a fool. Is that supposed to be ultra impressive? I remember when Sam Darnold was the 2nd coming of Christ too, that was a fun WEEK.

Meanwhile our injured QB makes the most of very, very few opportunities, due to pitiful line play, and against a much better defense. Leads the offense to 21 points and 1 TO and he's a complete **** bag. This site is the best!!!

Josh Allen may be good someday but a game vs the 2018 Dolphins defense where his team scored 17 is not that impressive. I mean I get it, Clay let him down but how many threads do you think would be started about a Tannehill underthrow if the same thing happened to us? I bet half the main forum would be talking about the underthrow and excusing the drop.
Thank you. No fan fare, no insults, no hyperbole, no ignoring facts, no agenda. Just the truth about yesterdays game. And the last line in your post was on point. Can you just imagine the usual cast of characters narrative this morning if those teams switched uniforms yesterday, and the game ended on that play? Just imagine.

Easily manipulated if you don’t have Tannenbaum in the building trying to decide between licking windows, blowing bubbles, or restructuring already insane contracts. Your entire line of thinking blows up with Suh and his $23 million dead cap hit. Tannehill and Jones shouldn’t be too far behind.

It only looks easy to teams who have an eye to the future and people in place who know what they’re doing. The Dolphins are only concerned with being mediocre right now and people who don’t deserve the jobs they have.

It really can’t be said much better.

People laugh at Gruden . . . .and I do think trading Mack was going too far . . . But i think Chucky will have the last laugh once it is all said and done.

He sees he ain’t gonna be good enough as soon as he steps into the building and he is gonna give himself the chance to build something great . . . Even if it means looking like **** for a year or two.

We are content with sustainable mediocrity and that is much worse than looking like **** for a year or 2.

I have not suggested forcing anything at QB . . . .but if anybody in this draft makes you say “damn that kid is a stud” . . . .you need to be prepared to make that move.

The number one issue on this team is the QB. And that comes from more than just his play . . . .that comes from reliability . . . .that comes from a demanding cap hit for a guy who we know needs much more than what is around him to have success.

It is absolutely the top priority.

Well I think Ross may force the QB pick this yesr regardless- and that scares me.

Last edited:
With a huge assist to Jordan Phillips. Taking the ball out of his hands on 3rd and 1 to run a wildcat with s 3rd string rookie clearly indicates Gase has lost confidence in him.

That happened just after Ryan brought the team back though, I don’t understand it man, especially at that point.

That happened just after Ryan brought the team back though, I don’t understand it man, especially at that point.

Interior offensive line has a bad game so lets run a play to get 1 yard, 5 yards behind the LOS, that requires good interior line play.

You really can’t make this **** up.

You almost wish Buffalo just scores on that last play just for Gase to get more heat for another boneheaded playcall.

I mean good grief.

Two weeks in a row he has removed the ball from 17s hands in critical moments. Its pretty clear to me that Gase has changed his tune on his QB.

Well I think Ross may force the QB pick this yesr regardless- and that scare me.

He has the right intention if he does but clearly the wrong people in charge if needs to be the voice of reason regarding player personnel and roster management.

Two weeks in a row he has removed the ball from 17s hands in critical moments. Its pretty clear to me that Gase has changed his tune on his QB.

I mean yes, it looks that way based on the calls, but I would have even taken a sneak or handoff under center- not allow a pass or an RPO but that call was insane- as Kdawg just pointed out.

Meanwhile Billy Turner is starting for the Broncos and Mike Pouncey is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

Think many of you guys are overestimating the “lack of talent”. Again that doesn’t mean Larsen doesn’t suck . . .but it is more than a talent issue. Good teams have offensive lines littered with low round picks and UDFAs and they perform at high levels.

Mike Pouncey was never a question of performance. The number of missed games was the reason the team moved on to other centers. Turner gave up 4 sacks, 8 hurries, and 12 pressures in 5 games at right tackle. They moved him to left guard where he is performing worse according to Pro Football Focus. This is his fifth year in the league, so I would expect some improvement over the last two years. Your examples do not convince me the issue is coaching.

Mike Pouncey was never a question of performance. The number of missed games was the reason the team moved on to other centers. Turner gave up 4 sacks, 8 hurries, and 12 pressures in 5 games at right tackle. They moved him to left guard where he is performing worse according to Pro Football Focus. This is his fifth year in the league, so I would expect some improvement over the last two years. Your examples do not convince me the issue is coaching.

Funny, I never even suggested that I blame it all on coaching.

And Billy Turner was named to the PFF team of the week vs. San Diego.

And watching him move like a gazelle in comparison to that stiff #62 is embarrassing.

Dude was clearly talented as hell.

Back
Top Bottom