Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed

Mike Pouncey was never a question of performance. The number of missed games was the reason the team moved on to other centers. Turner gave up 4 sacks, 8 hurries, and 12 pressures in 5 games at right tackle. They moved him to left guard where he is performing worse according to Pro Football Focus. This is his fifth year in the league, so I would expect some improvement over the last two years. Your examples do not convince me the issue is coaching.
Hopefully the Dolphins apply the same mentality to the qb position as they did with the center position.

Good Oline play and Good QB play and Good Play Design all go hand in hand. The oline would look better if the QB didn't hold on to the ball as long as our QB does. The oline would look better if the plays were designed to get receiver open quickly. The oline would look better in Run Blocking IF they had to repsect our pass.

The QB could also look better if oline and play calling was better. I just don't think it's realistic to think that the oline will never give up pressure. As good as the defenses are in the NFL pressure is inevitable....You have to have a QB that can escape pressure, identify blitzes pre snap and adjust the play or blocking scheme etc...

It's as simple as that. Holding penalties to blown assignments it prevents us from running anything. It's embarrasing how bad our interior line is.
Sadly, we seem to be unable to fix the OL. We tried drafting two tackles and a center in the first round, and they have talent and sometimes play well, but often play poorly or are injured. We've tried drafting lots of mid and late round guys with little success, bringing in journey men free agents to no success, and even bringing in expensive gems via free agency but they always seem to have injury issues. It's like our OL is snakebitten.

Have to be able to find olinemen elsewhere than the 1st round if there’s any hope but desperation kicked in a long ass time ago.

Get a QB that can improvise and the O-line will look much better. Our O-line has actually been good at times. This team needs to stop thinking we can get a great player at every spot before we draft a QB.......what in the world are we waiting for? We haven't won in 45 years, the time is now.

Two weeks in a row he has removed the ball from 17s hands in critical moments. Its pretty clear to me that Gase has changed his tune on his QB.

It's pretty clear he has no confidence in the line being able to hold up against a pass rush in order to run a play to gain 10+ yards in an obvious passing down.

You need time for routes to materialize. We can't even have our TE's run routes because we need them to block.

Funny, I never even suggested that I blame it all on coaching.

And Billy Turner was named to the PFF team of the week vs. San Diego.

And watching him move like a gazelle in comparison to that stiff #62 is embarrassing.

Dude was clearly talented as hell.

Billy Turner was always a project that had upside. Unfortunately we couldn't wait for the fruits on this one. Being cut may have been a real wake up call for him too.

"Everything Will Be Bad Until O-line Is Fixed"

I've been hearing this for the past 20 years.

Pure & simple its an excuse, where other teams with far poorer olines have been surpassing us year in, year out.

We've taken high OL draft picks & also highly paid veteran free agents in the past with the same result of us shouting from the roof tops that the oline needs to be fixed.

Clean house, start again - as much as it pains me to say and wait another decade. Patching here & there has not shown me any positive Dolphins progress in my life time.

Billy Turner was always a project that had upside. Unfortunately we couldn't wait for the fruits on this one. Being cut may have been a real wake up call for him too.

We couldn’t wait on him because we were glistening with talent ready to be inserted.

I don’t get that at all. We love the underwhelming talent, guys like Urbik, Steen, Kilgore and Larsen but the guys with tremendous upside that need to be coached up we don’t have time for.

Surely smart to invest in more high upside guys that we can’t be bothered with.

Funny, I never even suggested that I blame it all on coaching.

And Billy Turner was named to the PFF team of the week vs. San Diego.

And watching him move like a gazelle in comparison to that stiff #62 is embarrassing.

Dude was clearly talented as hell.

Turner wouldn't even be starting if Leary wasn't /is injured

He's started 7 games in 3 years with Denver, with all 7 this season
Don't make it look like he is some kinda star(talented as hell) when he's not

It's pretty clear he has no confidence in the line being able to hold up against a pass rush in order to run a play to gain 10+ yards in an obvious passing down.

You need time for routes to materialize. We can't even have our TE's run routes because we need them to block.
We’re not talking about running a nine route.

What about the 3rd and 1 yesterday?

Larsen needs to be replaced he has just been bad. Jesse Davis was... odd yesterday. People talk about him getting beat with a nasty spin move, and he did, but he also started giving help to James so he kind of just let the guy go. It was weird.

The OL was doing a bit better with Swansen at C.

At some point though you do have to start looking at Tannehill

It's as simple as that. Holding penalties to blown assignments it prevents us from running anything. It's embarrasing how bad our interior line is.

What's worst is we consistently devote the "bare minimum" to correcting the problem.
Some teams can get away with a solid starting 5 and be okay for the season.
Unfortunately, the Dolphins are the type of teams that need a solid starting 10.

You would think as much as Gase likes to pass the ball like he's Steve Spurrier he would get that.
My offense goes where the OL goes.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I would be thrilled if draft picks 1 - 7 went all OLmen.

I'll beat anyone on the board $$$ this team would have a much better seasoning drafting young, healthy, athletic lineman than it would by drafting any other combination of position outside of QB.

Larsen needs to be replaced he has just been bad. Jesse Davis was... odd yesterday. People talk about him getting beat with a nasty spin move, and he did, but he also started giving help to James so he kind of just let the guy go. It was weird.

The OL was doing a bit better with Swansen at C.

At some point, though you do have to start looking at Tannehill

Absolutely you have to continue looking at Tannehill. The Qb needs to do everything in his power to help out.
But lets not kid ourselves here, OL stability is critical.

If you watched even the great Drew Brees against the Cowboys the other day then you'd understand.

That Cowboys Dline gave that Saints Ol fits and guess what? Drew Brees wasn't looking like Drew Brees HOF anymore.

Back
Top Bottom