Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

So you're going to discount his playoff win? Lol. Come on man. You're reaching there. He's been in the league four years. He tore his ACL first year, playoffs second, won a playoff game last year and lead 24-0 before his defense **** the bed. Please stop discounting his ability. If you don't want to do the deal, fine but please stop with the idea that you would ever choose keeping Tua over him.

You'd have plenty of cap room and picks left to build the roster. His number is 10 mil this year and we have 32 mil under. Next year we're 85 mil under the cap! Plenty of room to draft and sign players.
trade tua and all picks for deshaun

His contract is MASSIVE.

We can do much more staying put and building around Tua.

I think Watson is a better QB right now. But he isn't worth the cost when we're still building and are at need in multiple positions.

Big job improving\converting this offense around Tua. Need a lot of drat capital.

His contract is MASSIVE.

We can do much more staying put and building around Tua.

I think Watson is a better QB right now. But he isn't worth the cost when we're still building and are at need in multiple positions.

Big job improving\converting this offense around Tua. Need a lot of drat capital.
10 mil against the cap next year, 35 the following two years before they renegotiate prior to roster bonus. He's NEVER gonna see the majority of it. Essentially 3/82 mil. That's cheap for a top 5 QB. Our cap numbers are -32 mil and -85 mil the next two years as of now. Plenty of room.

Yes, we lose some draft capital but it's worth it for the player you get back.

I still don't get it. How stupid and dysfunctional the Hou FO is? Watson is their franchise, its critical to keep the franchise player happy, as long as his wish is not ridiculous.

Ok, he want Bieniemy to get an interview,...fine, set up a 30 minutes Zoom interview. It doesn't cost a dime. How hard could it be?

The fact that the FO did promise to hear his input then later went behind his back, I don't blame DW a bit.

Now given the fact thst DW really wants out, and we are the only team that has both young qb and draft capital, I think we don't have to give up a lot for DW. I am thinking, give them Tua, our third and a secound round this year. That's it. No more.

10 mil against the cap next year, 35 the following two years before they renegotiate prior to roster bonus. He's NEVER gonna see the majority of it. Essentially 3/82 mil. That's cheap for a top 5 QB. Our cap numbers are -32 mil and -85 mil the next two years as of now. Plenty of room.

We have cap room, and chances are the cap will increase.

So you're going to discount his playoff win? Lol. Come on man. You're reaching there. He's been in the league four years. He tore his ACL first year, playoffs second, won a playoff game last year and lead 24-0 before his defense **** the bed. Please stop discounting his ability. If you don't want to do the deal, fine but please stop with the idea that you would ever choose keeping Tua over him.

You'd have plenty of cap room and picks left to build the roster. His number is 10 mil this year and we have 32 mil under. Next year we're 85 mil under the cap! Plenty of room to draft and sign players.
Props on a 24-0 lead, but you if you had a 24 point head start and still couldn't win a football game, I don't think you did things right.

Maybe you can't conceive of the idea that someone might want to keep a guy who was good enough of a prospect that he was drafted 5th overall despite having an injury that might prevent him from ever playing again. I thought Tua was pretty bad this year, I'd rate myself as one of his most staunchest critics on here out of the ones who don't lack rationality. I thought Fitzpatrick gave a team poised for the playoffs the best chance to win. But you know what, I'm not ready to give up on the potential of a guy who struggled a bit AS A ROOKIE where the vast majority of his passing routes were run by special teams caliber receivers like Grant, Hollins, Ford, and a Lynn Bowden who hasn't ever gotten open more than ten yards downfield but who people on the board love for this shimmy on 7 yard gains, an offensive line of rookies, and no training camp or normal practice and meeting environment.

Yes, I actually think that in a few years Tua could be better than Deshaun Watson. Even after an uimpressive rookie year. I remember how Tannehill had moments but largely couldn't put on foot in front on the other his rookie year. Next year we nearly made the playoffs despite a pretty worthless defense, an offensive line that was bad before we lost Johnathan Martin AND Richie Incognito in one go, and a running game so bad it makes this year look like Walter Payton.

Deshaun Watson has ability, but he also runs in circles in the pocket and runs into defenders like Michael Vick while holding the ball as if he's got the 1990s Cowboys line in front of him. There are small parts of the game he doesn't do well even though he throws for 4700 yards. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad quarterback. I'd take him in a heartbeat if we didn't have a QB of the future. A team with a complete vacancy should throw everything at the Texans. But I want to see what Tua has.

Building the roster and "cap room" really don't belong in the same sentence. You supplement a good core with free agency. You don't create one, because not only will that soon get too expensive for you to keep building, but with every free agent you sign you're paying for production he gave another team, and they'll only be worth that for like three years...maybe if you're lucky. And if you don't have young talent on the roster ready to take over when those guys are cut or leave, you can't afford to replace them adequately in FA, nor can you count on getting an instant contribution from a rookie.

We need to build through the draft. We have a potential franchise QB on the roster. Let's improve the roster with the picks we have, instead of picking up a QB who went 4-12 and saddling him with mostly the same core because we gave up picks and we lost a huge amount of cap money. It's a recipe for mediocrity.

I still don't get it. How stupid and dysfunctional the Hou FO is? Watson is their franchise, its critical to keep the franchise player happy, as long as his wish is not ridiculous.

Ok, he want Bieniemy to get an interview,...fine, set up a 30 minutes Zoom interview. It doesn't cost a dime. How hard could it be?

The fact that the FO did promise to hear his input then later went behind his back, I don't blame DW a bit.

Now given the fact thst DW really wants out, and we are the only team that has both young qb and draft capital, I think we don't have to give up a lot for DW. I am thinking, give them Tua, our third and a secound round this year. That's it. No more.
Well, it's hard now. There's rules about interviewing coaches on playoff teams. I don't think he can interview now until the Chiefs are out.

We have cap room, and chances are the cap will increase.

Actually cap is likely to go down this year due to Covid. And having the cap room to sign one player is not going to help you if by doing so you can't improve the players around him, this team rebuild at the core is focused on riding the rookie deal of our QB, making this move torpedo's that and would require a major re-think and a lot of compromises. Not sure the FO want to go down that route and nor should they.

Props on a 24-0 lead, but you if you had a 24 point head start and still couldn't win a football game, I don't think you did things right.

Maybe you can't conceive of the idea that someone might want to keep a guy who was good enough of a prospect that he was drafted 5th overall despite having an injury that might prevent him from ever playing again. I thought Tua was pretty bad this year, I'd rate myself as one of his most staunchest critics on here out of the ones who don't lack rationality. I thought Fitzpatrick gave a team poised for the playoffs the best chance to win. But you know what, I'm not ready to give up on the potential of a guy who struggled a bit AS A ROOKIE where the vast majority of his passing routes were run by special teams caliber receivers like Grant, Hollins, Ford, and a Lynn Bowden who hasn't ever gotten open more than ten yards downfield but who people on the board love for this shimmy on 7 yard gains, an offensive line of rookies, and no training camp or normal practice and meeting environment.

Yes, I actually think that in a few years Tua could be better than Deshaun Watson. Even after an uimpressive rookie year. I remember how Tannehill had moments but largely couldn't put on foot in front on the other his rookie year. Next year we nearly made the playoffs despite a pretty worthless defense, an offensive line that was bad before we lost Johnathan Martin AND Richie Incognito in one go, and a running game so bad it makes this year look like Walter Payton.

Deshaun Watson has ability, but he also runs in circles in the pocket and runs into defenders like Michael Vick while holding the ball as if he's got the 1990s Cowboys line in front of him. There are small parts of the game he doesn't do well even though he throws for 4700 yards. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad quarterback. I'd take him in a heartbeat if we didn't have a QB of the future. A team with a complete vacancy should throw everything at the Texans. But I want to see what Tua has.

Building the roster and "cap room" really don't belong in the same sentence. You supplement a good core with free agency. You don't create one, because not only will that soon get too expensive for you to keep building, but with every free agent you sign you're paying for production he gave another team, and they'll only be worth that for like three years...maybe if you're lucky. And if you don't have young talent on the roster ready to take over when those guys are cut or leave, you can't afford to replace them adequately in FA, nor can you count on getting an instant contribution from a rookie.

We need to build through the draft. We have a potential franchise QB on the roster. Let's improve the roster with the picks we have, instead of picking up a QB who went 4-12 and saddling him with mostly the same core because we gave up picks and we lost a huge amount of cap money. It's a recipe for mediocrity.
I appreciate your argument for Tua and I appreciate that he's young. However, young or not, receivers or not, you're there to perform. When Fitz is in there with the same personnel, they seen to plug along just fine. At some point, they are no longer rookies and they should be reading defenses and pushing the ball. I'm willing to concede that after a complete off-season, let's see what we got but if we have a chance for a top 5 guy, get him.

Your so completely wrong about Watson it's insane. He's not a bad quarterback? You think he accidentally is the second highest paid in the league? In 3.5 years he has 15000 yards and over 100 TD passes, with only 36 int. He's run for 1700 yards and 17 TD. If that's not bad, what do we have? Everyone has slight weaknesses in their game but I'm not really sure what you want.

Again, I'm not arguing your opinion on the trade, that's fair but no way you possibly believe we're better with Tua. You know you not really believing that.

Actually cap is likely to go down this year due to Covid. And having the cap room to sign one player is not going to help you if by doing so you can't improve the players around him, this team rebuild at the core is focused on riding the rookie deal of our QB, making this move torpedo's that and would require a major re-think and a lot of compromises. Not sure the FO want to go down that route and nor should they.
His cap number is 10 mil for team that gets him this year. That's dirt cheap. Cap will explode for us the following year.

Sox Mi Amigo..... I’m curious on your take on why he wants out of Houston. Does that not concern you a little? You and I agree....He’s better than Tua right now. No Question. But him wanting out because they didn’t hire the GM he wanted concerns me. What’s your take?

The thing is, the contract is going to be huge anytime you get a franchise qb. Tua is not as costly on his rookie contract. But say he has a monster year next season and even though he's on his rookie contract, he could want big pay. And could want out and other teams want him. All it takes is for a qb to make a big splash and go from being on the cheaper side to being a big pay. That's just something you'll have to deal with but is a good thing when finding a franchise qb. They will want top money but a top qb is hard to find and worth it.

Back
Top Bottom