Fans of other teams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fans of other teams

PatsDynasty, from what I see you're a decent poster that has pretty realistic thoughts. Just the fact that you give us a chance at 8-8...and the playoffs in a year or 2.. plus I've seen you say that Miami and New England will split the series this year. The trolls and idiots that invade boards usually just go on about 'you suck and we rule' crap. I'm not taking sides or anything, but just don't turn into one of those typical idiots from a rival team.

MelbournePhin said:
boy, you seem to be a tad bit overzealous about the big time reach you guys made in rd 1.

its not a reach when u pick last and then in round 2 u pick at 64......

pats were eying him all along and they knew he wouldnt be there in round 2.....

plus the pats dont have major holes to fill......

and the holes they had were filled with fa signings.....

MelbournePhin said:
anything can happen. but you are too ignorant to realize this
and you guys are too ignorant to realize that the phins won't have a very good year this year.
ronnie brown is good with an O line... which you guys don't have. a defense is good when it has good pass coverage (which you guys probably won't have unless your d-line plays like all-pro players, which they probably wont' for the most part) because you lost 2 of your best 3 CB.

in one thread you guys praise the dolphins and talk about going 9-7 the next year. the same people in a different thread will then put down the QB, the o-line and 1/2 the team and talk of going 6-10.

perfect example was surtain: one thread says 'he's awesome, we'll never get rid of him, he's a pro-bowl corner.' the day after the trade with the chiefs, 'he's old and has knee problems. he's getting washed up and we don't need him.' i guess we'll se ewhen you guys come to arrowhead this year, huh?

ladeback said:
PatsDynasty, from what I see you're a decent poster that has pretty realistic thoughts. Just the fact that you give us a chance at 8-8...and the playoffs in a year or 2.. plus I've seen you say that Miami and New England will split the series this year. The trolls and idiots that invade boards usually just go on about 'you suck and we rule' crap. I'm not taking sides or anything, but just don't turn into one of those typical idiots from a rival team.

:) thanks and i definitely see a split in 05 and it will be interesting in 06 when miami hosts the sb because u guys will make a run in the playoffs.
i would love the pats to make that sb but if they win it this year and 3peat, i think there will be a drop off and less motivation to win it again... but they will be damn competitive as always.... i hate the steelers but i think 06 might be there year.....

i do think the dolphins may reach .500 this year and be good in a couple years like patsdynasy. but you guys will have bumps to go through to get there. saban's a good coach, but he needs lots of good players on the field as well before all the good ole defensive guys retire.

General Grimmac said:
and you guys are too ignorant to realize that the phins won't have a very good year this year.
ronnie brown is good with an O line... which you guys don't have. a defense is good when it has good pass coverage (which you guys probably won't have unless your d-line plays like all-pro players, which they probably wont' for the most part) because you lost 2 of your best 3 CB.

in one thread you guys praise the dolphins and talk about going 9-7 the next year. the same people in a different thread will then put down the QB, the o-line and 1/2 the team and talk of going 6-10.

perfect example was surtain: one thread says 'he's awesome, we'll never get rid of him, he's a pro-bowl corner.' the day after the trade with the chiefs, 'he's old and has knee problems. he's getting washed up and we don't need him.' i guess we'll se ewhen you guys come to arrowhead this year, huh?

your defense couldnt punch its way out of a wet paper bag with scissors in their hand. btw the game is in miami

General Grimmac said:

I think the reason for this is that this site is so HUGE and has so many posters that like 90% of the time there is a split in opinion on just about everything... For every "we'll never let pat go because he's a probowler" thread you get a "I'm glad we got a 2nd rounder for Pat because he wasn't getting younger and his knees were going" thread... I was one that wanted to get that 2nd for Pat, but I for one, and I'd say all of us will miss Surtain and will always respect him. I wish him well.

General Grimmac said:

and i guess we couldn't go to your team's message board and see different people voicing different opinions, see that's how the chat forum works alot of people that have different opinions get together and discuss things, me personally i didn't want to see Surtain leave but i knew it was for the benefit of the team, so i accepted it and said so long and good luck. Just because people on the board have different opinions of one situation you can't make a broad generalization and call us all hipocrites.

ladeback said:
I think the reason for this is that this site is so HUGE and has so many posters that like 90% of the time there is a split in opinion on just about everything... For every "we'll never let pat go because he's a probowler" thread you get a "I'm glad we got a 2nd rounder for Pat because he wasn't getting younger and his knees were going" thread... I was one that wanted to get that 2nd for Pat, but I for one, and I'd say all of us will miss Surtain and will always respect him. I wish him well.
2 months before the deal happened, i wanted to give you guys a 2nd rounder for him.

jnewmant said:
and i guess we couldn't go to your team's message board and see different people voicing different opinions, see that's how the chat forum works alot of people that have different opinions get together and discuss things, me personally i didn't want to see Surtain leave but i knew it was for the benefit of the team, so i accepted it and said so long and good luck. Just because people on the board have different opinions of one situation you can't make a broad generalization and call us all hipocrites.
i heard about this through one of my dolphins friends. i don't even go to any other message boards, cuz they're all filled with people who make ridiculous claims. he's a HUGE dolphin fan, and updates me on stuff from this site. i've just kinda learned to check it myself.

MelbournePhin said:
your defense couldnt punch its way out of a wet paper bag with scissors in their hand. btw the game is in miami
i know the game is in miami... i forgot that the phins play in arrowhead in 2008. that's wht i meant, but the teams will probably be a lot different by then. and our defense will most likely be as good or better as your defense this coming season, so i hope our can punch it's way out, or you could be in a lot of trouble...

To answer this thread's original question, I come here mostly because there is not a whole lot going on in the NFL right now. When there isn't anything going on in the Bills area I like to come here to see what's up in finland. One of my family's closet friends is a Dolphin fan, so I've got to keep up on what the dolphins are doing.

Another reason is because of that old saying..."Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer" I like to see what the bills will face twice next year. It is also nice to be able to talk to intelligent people who have a different opinion than me. The key word there was intelligent, not all of you are, and I think you can easily agree with me.

When I first came here I was shocked at the lack of respect the bills get from you guys. Our team has made major strides forward and are much better than what they were just a few short years ago. Granted, about 70% of the posts come from the likes of Marino83 and Ttes, but still.

I wouldn't mind if the dolphins improve. I really like being in the most difficult division in pro football. All four teams know each other so well that record doesn't tell the whole story. Do you think any 4-12 team outside of the AFCE had a chance at beating the pats on MNF? Maybe, but not likely.

Anyways, I enjoy coming here for the most part.

Ps. Just remember...the fins can only get better at this point.

Well, so much for this NOT being a smack thread. :wink:
patsdynasty, I agree with most of what you've said. Although it is possible to turn it around in 1 season (see S.D. last year) I think the Phins are a year or two away from truely contending. I think 6-8 wins this season is a reasonable prediction.
I don't know if Mankins will be all that or not. Maybe he is, but I would untill I saw more than 1 rookie camp before throwing out pro bowl smack.
I never visit other teams sites, I don't know why..........maybe its because I see how most outsiders get treated here. It's just doesn't seem worth it.

wagon circler, how deep into the playoffs do you guarantee the Bills make.. AFC title game?

Back
Top Bottom