Fans of other teams | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fans of other teams

General Grimmac said:
this is one of the quotes that make lots of dolphin fans look dumb when people generalize. are you saying that seau(36), kevin carter(31, whom even the titans didnt want) tim bowens (32) jeff zgonina(35) zach thomas (31) and tebucky jones (who even new orleans didnt want) are your saviors on defense? oh yeah, i forgot about all of your young corners who could barely guard me running down the field... yeah, win with them.
if you look at our defense in 2 years it will scare you...think about it. JT,Kevin Carter, TimBo, Roth, Crowder, Thomas, Moore/Spargan, Madison,Poole(will be amazing) and 2 new safetys (hopefully).

Wagon Circler said:
To answer this thread's original question, I come here mostly because there is not a whole lot going on in the NFL right now. When there isn't anything going on in the Bills area I like to come here to see what's up in finland. One of my family's closet friends is a Dolphin fan, so I've got to keep up on what the dolphins are doing.

Another reason is because of that old saying..."Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer" I like to see what the bills will face twice next year. It is also nice to be able to talk to intelligent people who have a different opinion than me. The key word there was intelligent, not all of you are, and I think you can easily agree with me.

When I first came here I was shocked at the lack of respect the bills get from you guys. Our team has made major strides forward and are much better than what they were just a few short years ago. Granted, about 70% of the posts come from the likes of Marino83 and Ttes, but still.

I wouldn't mind if the dolphins improve. I really like being in the most difficult division in pro football. All four teams know each other so well that record doesn't tell the whole story. Do you think any 4-12 team outside of the AFCE had a chance at beating the pats on MNF? Maybe, but not likely.

Anyways, I enjoy coming here for the most part.

Ps. Just remember...the fins can only get better at this point.
about us beating the pats...that went for us too.

Ark139954 said:
if you look at our defense in 2 years it will scare you...think about it. JT,Kevin Carter, TimBo, Roth, Crowder, Thomas, Moore/Spargan, Madison,Poole(will be amazing) and 2 new safetys (hopefully).
2 years isn't this year, is it? jt and roth are good and will be good for years to come. poole will be a mazing, but he is out until at least october. hopefully thomas doesn't get hurt again. but this year i wouldn't expect more than .500. maybe it can happen, but don't count your eggs before they hatch. though, maybe if you expect 4-12 again, you will be very pleasantly surprised by good results.

Originally Posted by General Grimmac
this is one of the quotes that make lots of dolphin fans look dumb when people generalize. are you saying that seau(36), kevin carter(31, whom even the titans didnt want) tim bowens (32) jeff zgonina(35) zach thomas (31) and tebucky jones (who even new orleans didnt want) are your saviors on defense? oh yeah, i forgot about all of your young corners who could barely guard me running down the field... yeah, win with them.

Kevin Carter wasnt wanted by the Titans....that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. He was probably there best defensive player, they had to cut him. They had to get under salary, and they didnt have a choice. So I suppose they didnt want Rolle and Mason too.:rolleyes:

And Zgonina probably wont even b on the team this year. Were counting on JT,Roth,Carter,Crowder,Daniels,Madison,Howard,TBuck Jones, Moore,Spargan,Seau

not bad IMO.

a little off topic but do you guys know were on FH it shows alot of other teams boards? i cant find it

A Pats fan calling a Dolphins fan a bandwagoner?? :shakeno: How stupid does that statement really sound?

Wagon Circler said:
AFC title game would be great, and I really feel that our team is capable of getting there. We will just have to wait and see how the season plays out.

Nice sig--but it ends there

General Grimmac said:

And your post doesnt make all Chief fans look dumb- just you.

Kevin Carter was Tennessee's best defensive player, and they did everything they could to keep him- he was a CAP CASULATY. In case you live under a rock, the Titans also let go Samari Rolle and Derrick Mason- but your logic would say that they just "didnt want them". There is a diffference between that and dealing a DE for a late 2nd day draft pick. That signifies not wanting a player.

Zach Thomas is still a top 5 MLB who is still a tackling machine. Wait, let me define tackling since I forgot you are a KC fan who probably does not see much of it up there. It is when the defensive player actually hits the opposition and he falls down, thus ending the play. Maybe this year you will get some! Nice try naming our BACKUP DT in Jeff Zgonina who, again, would make your team better at this point.

Tebucky Jones is a short term fix, and nobody ever said he would be the savior of our defense- because our defense does not need a savior! It is good all around, unlike that pathetic group that your team has boasted. Guys like TimBo and JR maybe be at the end of their careers, but they most certainly are respected around the league and they are legitimate players at their positions (assuming they are healthy, which is the case for JR, and which will hopefully be the case for TimBo) Again, they would improve your team, so you are in no position to mock anyone here.

In conlclusion, you are in no position to mock our defense, when every single player you mentioned would likely come to KC and start. As for our secondary being slow... thats just strange because our secondary has some young players in Will Poole, Yeremiah Bell, Travares Tillman, Travis Daniels, and Reggie Howard is not at all old (he started on the SB runner up Carolina Panthers..?) Hey- I hate to burst your bubble, but if you are expecting lightening speed, then you will be more then slightly disappointed with Sammy Knight and Pat Surtain, who are not exactly in their prime, and who werent exactly speedy to begin with.

Wow, I just defended our D to a KC fan. Never thought I would see the day...

Dolfan1000 said:
And your post doesnt make all Chief fans look dumb- just you.

Kevin Carter was Tennessee's best defensive player, and they did everything they could to keep him- he was a CAP CASULATY. In case you live under a rock, the Titans also let go Samari Rolle and Derrick Mason- but your logic would say that they just "didnt want them". There is a diffference between that and dealing a DE for a late 2nd day draft pick. That signifies not wanting a player.

Zach Thomas is still a top 5 MLB who is still a tackling machine. Wait, let me define tackling since I forgot you are a KC fan who probably does not see much of it up there. It is when the defensive player actually hits the opposition and he falls down, thus ending the play. Maybe this year you will get some! Nice try naming our BACKUP DT in Jeff Zgonina who, again, would make your team better at this point.

Tebucky Jones is a short term fix, and nobody ever said he would be the savior of our defense- because our defense does not need a savior! It is good all around, unlike that pathetic group that your team has boasted. Guys like TimBo and JR maybe be at the end of their careers, but they most certainly are respected around the league and they are legitimate players at their positions (assuming they are healthy, which is the case for JR, and which will hopefully be the case for TimBo) Again, they would improve your team, so you are in no position to mock anyone here.

In conlclusion, you are in no position to mock our defense, when every single player you mentioned would likely come to KC and start. As for our secondary being slow... thats just strange because our secondary has some young players in Will Poole, Yeremiah Bell, Travares Tillman, Travis Daniels, and Reggie Howard is not at all old (he started on the SB runner up Carolina Panthers..?) Hey- I hate to burst your bubble, but if you are expecting lightening speed, then you will be more then slightly disappointed with Sammy Knight and Pat Surtain, who are not exactly in their prime, and who werent exactly speedy to begin with.

Wow, I just defended our D to a KC fan. Never thought I would see the day...

:0wned:

Ark139954 said:

100 dollars says timbo is no where near a football in two years

MelbournePhin said:

Thanks, but I mean really... His post is the equivalent of some of us posting on a Colts board and bragging about our new offensive coaching staff. Get serious.

Back
Top Bottom