Fans of other teams | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fans of other teams

Boik14 said:
ty and hope your d improves with pat.
pat's a start. hopefully bell doesnt get hurt and jared allen pumps major iron this summer... if shawn barber is healthy, the defense will be a lil better, too. if you guys need decent safeties, the chiefs have 3 starters... teh chiefs 2 made Pro-bowl 2 years ago. they can hit, but they need more coaching, so maybe miami is where they should be. one of them anyway.

I for one am glad other teams fans stop by - breaks up the monotony - and occassionally gives decent insight as to where teams are sitting:hug:

and it gives people something to nitpick on...and make fun of. it's amazing how much we tear each other up just cuz we like a different sports team... we must be a fallen world.

General Grimmac said:
pat's a start. hopefully bell doesnt get hurt and jared allen pumps major iron this summer... if shawn barber is healthy, the defense will be a lil better, too. if you guys need decent safeties, the chiefs have 3 starters... teh chiefs 2 made Pro-bowl 2 years ago. they can hit, but they need more coaching, so maybe miami is where they should be. one of them anyway.
Im actually pretty happy with miami's safeties now. Tillman was strong the 2nd half last year + hes young and Jones had 102 tackles last year and has range and intimidation. Hes got hands like rocks but so do most DB's; thats why theyre db and not wr. Also Yeremiah Bell is a safety with upside and Travis Daniels could eventually become a FS.

MelbournePhin said:
a chief fan talking smack about our D? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I hate to dump on a fellow dolfan, but I think the pot is calling the kettle black here. I've been reading this thread and all the back and forths you were havng with a pats fan. You seemed to be ridiculing the Pats draft choices. Unwise. Look, I hate the Pats as much as most dolfans do, but seriously, you have to respect the hell out of them for what they've done in the last few years. Their coaching is outstanding, and they draft very well. Many people were bewildered when Mankins was selected, and felt it was a stretch but I'm not going to start questioning the Patriots' judgement just yet. They've won 3 out of the last 4 SBs- they obviously were doing something right.
It's frustrating as heck thta a crappy town like Boston gets spoiled by a team this good-thank god they are stuck with the Bruins-but you have to give them their props. I think their team will suffer a it with the departures of Weiss and Crennel, but they are not suddenly going to become AFC East cellar dwellers. IMO they are still the team to beat.

I agree the Fins can have a much better year then 8-8 like PatsDynasty thinks. The 4 games we only won last year was a fluke of all fluky seasons. We were never a 4-12 team to begin with and even then we could of won 7 games. We had the utmost turmoil last year! Lets make a little comparison also. Take my Seattle Supersonics who didnt even finish 500 last year. They made no changes and they won 50+ games this year and beat all the good teams on the road and are making a run for the NBA Championship! Forget last year. The Dolphins have a strong D and have a potential high calibur O this year with major improvements on the Lines and in Coaching. A 10-11 win season is not far fetched. Will it happen? Lots of factors involved, but Yes it can happen!

1) im insulted my name was not listed... :( i guess my name is not easy to remember...:cry:

2) i come here cus my teams message boards only have off-topic posts and no real news or even football talk.

this board atleast gives you something to talk/think about. and correcting the crazy things fin fans say is fun. :D

pigskinguy said:
I am not trying to start a smack thread here, I am just curious........
This is for guys like Justa, patsdynasty, nyjunc, etc., Why do you guys spend so much time posting on another teams message board?
Is it because us Dolfans are so much more knowledgeable than the posters on your teams boards? :wink:

For a few reasons:

1. I like to get opposing views and get to know what opposing fans think.

2. I like to adebate topics w/ fans that have a completely different perspective than I have.

3. I like to educate dolphin fans :lol: (just kidding, I have fun going back and forth w/ most of the posters as long as they bring some knowledge to the discussions)

The homers here are very entertaining. :D.

People tend to hate the team of the city they live in if they aren't fans . I lived in So. Fla. plus I'm a bills fan.

Knowledgeable? Not quite all though there are quite a few here that don't post much. There are more homers here than there are football fans especially when it comes to talking about the bills.

FH can be like a car wreck, you don't want to see anything gross but you look anyways. :D

Besides, sitting in front of a computer all day for work can be very boring.

i like having posters from other teams here... who else can you debate and argue with before a head to head matchup with their team?

it makes the site better...

MelbournePhin said:
im delusional, yet patsdynasty talks up guys who hve never played an nfl down like pk sam, cedric cobbs, logan mankins, etc, like they are pro bowlers. re-think your theory there, buddy

Well, some people can see the potential, and others, well...... PK Sam was a STEAL for NE, he can only raise his stock. As far as I am concerned, from the same draft, Carey has been a total flop, and he has almost an insermountable hill to climb. And, out of the same draft, NE goes and steals a guy like Ben Watson. Who WILL be in the pro bowl. He might be the only TE in the NFL i would consider better then our boy, Randy McMichael, which in all likelyhood, will be bailing, because Saban will want to spend more money on D. That might be ok, depending on who he swaps for Randy..... have to wait and see about that.

PK did play last season for the Pats, by the way. he may not have produced, but he was out there. Ben was too, until he got hurt, and put on IR. So, just because they havent worked into the starting rotation, dont make them worthless. NE has one of the most talented rosters, its hard to work into the rotation.... Look at Keith Traylor, signed for two, let go in one, because we let Vince Wilfork drop right into their laps in that same draft. the draaft I am speakin of was the 04 draft. One year makes guys with portential, on a overflowing talented roster, that didnt get to "play" one down, suspect? I think your analysis is suspect, to say the least. i wish we had an overflowing talanted roster that I could say the 2nd and 3rd string guys are just as talented as the starters, they just need a chance to shine. But, then I would be daydreaming if I thought that..... how about you?

patsdynasty said:
great question!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my opinion is i like seeing how the other side sees it and its rather entertaining, some of u guys are realistic and smart, but then u got dreamers like melbournefantasyfishfan out there.....

the bottom line is the phins ar eon the way up, theres no way really but up from 4-12....?

u guys will be in playoffs in 06 maybe, but 07 for sure...
but this year its 8-8 at best.....

And I am sure that you believe that the Pats will be winning the SB every year until then right. Maybe you should pass the pipe and stop bogarting it.

You are delusional. The Pats have gotten all the lucky breaks for several years now and the streak is bound to end just as our record will be better. There's no where to go but down for Brady and the other fools.

phinsforever said:
I hate to dump on a fellow dolfan, but I think the pot is calling the kettle black here. I've been reading this thread and all the back and forths you were havng with a pats fan. You seemed to be ridiculing the Pats draft choices. Unwise. Look, I hate the Pats as much as most dolfans do, but seriously, you have to respect the hell out of them for what they've done in the last few years. Their coaching is outstanding, and they draft very well. Many people were bewildered when Mankins was selected, and felt it was a stretch but I'm not going to start questioning the Patriots' judgement just yet. They've won 3 out of the last 4 SBs- they obviously were doing something right.
It's frustrating as heck thta a crappy town like Boston gets spoiled by a team this good-thank god they are stuck with the Bruins-but you have to give them their props. I think their team will suffer a it with the departures of Weiss and Crennel, but they are not suddenly going to become AFC East cellar dwellers. IMO they are still the team to beat.

I agree. But they have gotten all the breaks these last few years. You are so right about Boston being a crappy town. With the Sux winning the WS last year now all these MOMO's expect all the teams to win every year. I.E the Celtics, Pats, & the lowly Red Sux.

The Pats run is bound to end soon. They lost both OC and DC, we will see how that effects the team. Also they have not really had any injuries on the offensive side of the ball. That is huge. Let's see how well they do without Brady and Dillion or something like that.

ladeback said:
I think the reason for this is that this site is so HUGE and has so many posters that like 90% of the time there is a split in opinion on just about everything... For every "we'll never let pat go because he's a probowler" thread you get a "I'm glad we got a 2nd rounder for Pat because he wasn't getting younger and his knees were going" thread... I was one that wanted to get that 2nd for Pat, but I for one, and I'd say all of us will miss Surtain and will always respect him. I wish him well.

Like me, I thought getting rid of Pat was great for a 2nd, because we were going to run a 3-4, supposedly, according to Saban. but then, he goes and drafts all d guys to replace JT zach, timbo, etc... so, we are not going to a 3-4, were sticking with the over front. Which, I am thouroughly P.O. about, so why get rid of one of the best cover corners out there then?

It doesnt make sense. Christ, if your going to run an over, do it like Jacksonville does, get the penetration from the inside. We had a shot at Antajj Hawthorn. WTF is that, letting him pass right on by. Does he have an issue with putting 4 great players on the field across the whole line, which anyone of them could make a mess in the backfield. That is what I mean by sticking to what he knew. That just reeks of rookieism.

No 3-4 draftees, all guys we got were replacements for what we are good at already, and the thrid best back. That dude flat out blew the draft.

Back
Top Bottom