Fans of other teams | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fans of other teams

Dolfan1000 said:
And your post doesnt make all Chief fans look dumb- just you.

Kevin Carter was Tennessee's best defensive player, and they did everything they could to keep him- he was a CAP CASULATY. In case you live under a rock, the Titans also let go Samari Rolle and Derrick Mason- but your logic would say that they just "didnt want them". There is a diffference between that and dealing a DE for a late 2nd day draft pick. That signifies not wanting a player.

Zach Thomas is still a top 5 MLB who is still a tackling machine. Wait, let me define tackling since I forgot you are a KC fan who probably does not see much of it up there. It is when the defensive player actually hits the opposition and he falls down, thus ending the play. Maybe this year you will get some! Nice try naming our BACKUP DT in Jeff Zgonina who, again, would make your team better at this point.

Tebucky Jones is a short term fix, and nobody ever said he would be the savior of our defense- because our defense does not need a savior! It is good all around, unlike that pathetic group that your team has boasted. Guys like TimBo and JR maybe be at the end of their careers, but they most certainly are respected around the league and they are legitimate players at their positions (assuming they are healthy, which is the case for JR, and which will hopefully be the case for TimBo) Again, they would improve your team, so you are in no position to mock anyone here.

In conlclusion, you are in no position to mock our defense, when every single player you mentioned would likely come to KC and start. As for our secondary being slow... thats just strange because our secondary has some young players in Will Poole, Yeremiah Bell, Travares Tillman, Travis Daniels, and Reggie Howard is not at all old (he started on the SB runner up Carolina Panthers..?) Hey- I hate to burst your bubble, but if you are expecting lightening speed, then you will be more then slightly disappointed with Sammy Knight and Pat Surtain, who are not exactly in their prime, and who werent exactly speedy to begin with.

Wow, I just defended our D to a KC fan. Never thought I would see the day...

Great post, just what I was thinking, but you did a better job than I would've at elaborating it. I can say Grimmac, that I follow the Chiefs quite closely. My best friend is a Chiefs fan and we talk football all the time. I actually think most CHiefs fans are very good, knowledgeable fans. Present company excluded of course. While you defense will be improved, the most they will get out of it is very average, ranked 15th-20th this year. NOw, that maybe enough to get you to 2nd round of the playoffs because your offense is so good, but that's it. And unfortunately, your SB window is closed after this season. Vermeil will probably be gone, window closed, have to find another great coach.

THe difference, we've found our great coach, with our players coming back healthy and a real scheme on offense and defense, we will get 9 wins this season, just missing the AFC playoffs. Then, next year, we will be better than your team is this year, and the third year, we are AFC championship bound (assuming NE fades a bit every season, like history says they will.)

Crisis said:
Why are there Dolphin fans at BillsZone?

Does it really matter?
I peronally think its funny seeing them talk smack about us. Its very entertaining.

patsdynasty said:
well its the system the pats run, look at randall gay he came off the street last year and played a huge role in the pats winning it all. these guys like mankins and james sanders are rookies but they shine in the pats scheme....
i e asante samuel, eugene wilson, mankins is an animal.... glad we got him because its all about protecting the man at qb....

yeah the pats do have a knack of taking no namers and making them become a huge part of their TEAM...........see they play as a team its all because of their coaching staff, i htink they had the best coaching staff ive ever seen but as of now, they r on the decline

if bill b retired or left i would agree but hes still there and brady is too..

decline is not happening just yet......

patsdynasty said:
well its the system the pats run, look at randall gay he came off the street last year and played a huge role in the pats winning it all. these guys like mankins and james sanders are rookies but they shine in the pats scheme....
i e asante samuel, eugene wilson, mankins is an animal.... glad we got him because its all about protecting the man at qb....

Hehe, when did you talk up on Cedric Cobbs? I loved the dude at Arkansas, but I don't want to see him succeed in New England.

FinsAreLife said:
yeah the pats do have a knack of taking no namers and making them become a huge part of their TEAM...........see they play as a team its all because of their coaching staff, i htink they had the best coaching staff ive ever seen but as of now, they r on the decline

I agree with you. Their coaching staff has to be the best in the league, and when you have been at the top of the hill for so long, the only way to go is down.

pigskinguy said:
I am not trying to start a smack thread here, I am just curious........
This is for guys like Justa, patsdynasty, nyjunc, etc., Why do you guys spend so much time posting on another teams message board?
Is it because us Dolfans are so much more knowledgeable than the posters on your teams boards? :wink:

All jokes aside, I hate to do this, but in somewhat their defense, I think that when you post on a different teams message board there is alot more to debate about then on your own teams message board (I say this because I've done this myself)....not only that but it gives us a chance to prove to them why our Dolphins are the best team in the NFL (without getting into a slugfest)....I don't think there is anything wrong with them posting here, and I don't think you meant anything like that by starting this thread, but all in all, I think I like it when they debate as long as they do it intelligently and don't step out of line in this forum.

As long as the fans of other teams come here and respect people on this board I can respect their opinion. Its nice to get a non-homer persective sometimes.

By the way, Reggie Howard only started about 2/3rds of that season for Carolina; Ricky Manning eventually replaced him and started in the SB.

Jimi said:
Kevin Carter wasnt wanted by the Titans....that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. He was probably there best defensive player, they had to cut him. They had to get under salary, and they didnt have a choice. So I suppose they didnt want Rolle and Mason too.:rolleyes:

And Zgonina probably wont even b on the team this year. Were counting on JT,Roth,Carter,Crowder,Daniels,Madison,Howard,TBuck Jones, Moore,Spargan,Seau

not bad IMO.
just wondering if you've heard of sarcasm. about carter not being wanted by the titans. kinda making fun of the chiefs' pickups this offseason, saying that they were all rejects or frail...

General Grimmac said:
the part about you guys not wanting surtain... now that's real funny.
Whoever said they didnt want him is full of it. I think some people (myself included) didnt want him for his pricetag (8.4m cap hit i believe) and concluded that getting a worse CB but freeing up that cap space would ultimately make us a better team.

In my eyes it broke down like this:
2nd rd pick, 8.4m in cap space to upgrade other spots > 1 pro bowl player

the chiefs MAIN problem on defense is their lack of leadership. they have none. they need a ray lewis every now and then to make them play harder and make a big play. that horrid defense beat the falcons 56-10. they have talent. they just play like 15 year olds most of the season. maybe the falcon's o-line just sucks REALLY bad and that made the whole defense appear so much better, but they played amazing that game. and they were one of like 4 teams to beat the colts during the regular season. they had the same brief flashes of genius that your offense had last year.

about the only thing i don't like about this forum is that everyone thinks the dolphins are the greatest team in the nfl, no matter who is on the field, now that saban is coaching... when someone says otherwise, they get torn up. now, i know i should have guessed that coming from a dolphin forum, but some of the claims are questionable...

Boik14 said:
Whoever said they didnt want him is full of it. I think some people (myself included) didnt want him for his pricetag (8.4m cap hit i believe) and concluded that getting a worse CB but freeing up that cap space would ultimately make us a better team.

In my eyes it broke down like this:
2nd rd pick, 8.4m in cap space to upgrade other spots > 1 pro bowl player
yeah, i agree... but now the CB's are short for a time. hope ya find a good replacement.

General Grimmac said:
yeah, i agree... but now the CB's are short for a time. hope ya find a good replacement.
ty and hope your d improves with pat.

Back
Top Bottom