final thoughts on Broncos and moving to Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

final thoughts on Broncos and moving to Jets

Does anyone thing that the Broncos were a bad matchup for us?
I did going into the game. I still thought we would win, but i was concerned about the following.

1 Their secondary is good. Simmons Aj Bouyne , the former jaguar corner, and their slot corner is very good. Our wideouts are struggling and have done better in games especially when teams are missing corners like the niners game or against teams that don't have great corners. Though they played well against cards but cards were missing a few corners as well.
I thought we see sticky coverage and tua would have to hold the ball.

2. ***ino was really good d coach especially with bears. I know we had a thread about him saying we got lucky he didn't want to interview with us ,but he knows d. I thought he would pressure tua especially since we struggle to get seperation and their secondary is good as I mentioned.

3. Bradley chubb-he was going to be able to apply pressure by himself. He is that good.

4 They like to run the ball and that is our weakness.

I really think it was a bad matchup. I do think if Fitz plays entire game we probably win. He is more seasoned to handle all that stuff. What do you guys think?

Also, the jets struggle with their corners so that should help us. They got their wideouts back which is a concern because they are now scoring points. They scored against chargers and pats. We need to put up points. But what do you guys think of the matchups with the jets?

I'd like someone to review the game and find how many yards were gained on Miami's left, middle, and right of the DL. Seems the right gave up 90% of those yards in massive chunks. Maybe that weak run D is just 2-3 guys. That's not good and affects the whole D, but I wouldn't tar the entire DL

after watching the weekly video by alf from three yards per carry...tua missed three plays that might have changed game. I remember two of them but there was another. He def was off. Hopefully he learns from it.

after watching the weekly video by alf from three yards per carry...tua missed three plays that might have changed game. I remember two of them but there was another. He def was off. Hopefully he learns from it.

can you post these id love to see them.

see also if I agree with it

Can anybody show me a team with worse offensive weapons?
I’d wager probably the patriots....it’s one of the reasons Tom Brady left. His weapons sucked and couldn’t get separation last year. Imagine that a HOF QB considered the best ever needs his weapons to get some separation so he can be effective. Whodathunkit.

For those that think Wilkins was a mediocre draft selection, see Denver run all over us. Thre run Defense has not been good but was our achilles heel in this game. R. Davis does not have the mobility to chase plays making Zieler the only man to double.

For those that think Wilkins was a mediocre draft selection, see Denver run all over us. Thre run Defense has not been good but was our achilles heel in this game. R. Davis does not have the mobility to chase plays making Zieler the only man to double.

that would make sense if they weren’t running off tackle at your olb. Situational olb in this case van noy.

in 4 man fronts ie (base) with ogbah and Lawson at end they didn’t really try to get outside. But when they saw us shift into that soft edge look they saw blood in the water and kept pulling the opposite play side guard into that gap. And blowing us out. Then they worked the passing game pa off of it with built in boots etc and Miami was in trouble.

opened Pandora’s box

The one reason I thought Tua wouldn’t start this year...wasn’t because of his hip but the OL gelling and the horrible practice squad weapons on offense.
I just don’t see how it’s gets much better with the talent we have.
For those that think we will draft a QB next year..we’ll..they are babying Tua for a reason.
Two or three year development.

If you watch they tried to run inside early in that game and davis kept forcing them to bounce. First quarter davis was a load.

then they found that soft outside edge and Miami did a very poor job to counter til it was too late and like I said ran everything off of it. But when they needed a critical gain in the run game right side here we come.

should have pulled van noy for more stack and flow size situationally but he was such a heavy member of that package they just murdered you at it.

The one reason I thought Tua wouldn’t start this year...wasn’t because of his hip but the OL gelling and the horrible practice squad weapons on offense.
I just don’t see how it’s gets much better with the talent we have.
For those that think we will draft a QB next year..we’ll..they are babying Tua for a reason.
Two or three year development.

The ‘weapons’ they surrounded tannehill and Tua with are almost criminal, not to mention the continuous attempts to do something on the OL.

Maybe someone figures that out this off-season.

This is what teams do they find weakness and they exploit it. And you better have a counter. Van noy has to play better or you need to get someone in there who will...although that hip I’m sure played into some of it

Still it’s blood in the water until you fix it. Copy cat league.

You could try lining up more interior type size a little further outside but then with your lb level and poa lack of range on the interior etc you are probably gonna give them a soft middle to exploit.

double someone inside and blow em out and get up to your off ball lb level due to lack of instincts and in bakers case size.

it’s a tough fix. You gonna commit to one spot and open up another

I think you just have to keep one of your base ends on the field more or hope van noy has more pop poa wise with the take on etc and can maintain his gap while the help arrives. Just know it’s gonna be late cause late is what your Mike does on repeat.

his shoulder play wasn’t the problem

can you post these id love to see them.

see also if I agree with it
There is a post called yardwork weekly chalktalk...It is in there. I think page on page 4 or 5 they get to the broncos game. They do each game.

idk, I spent 3 quarters of the game wondering how bad our WRs really are, I spent the last quarter thinking our WRs on not that bad and Fitz needs to play.
This is such a bad take imo, other than Jakeem Grant, none of our receivers are good at creating separation but they tend to be great at contested catches (Parker and Gesicki especially). Fitzpatrick is a veteran and a gunslinger who has learned that there are some WR's who are "open" even when they are covered which is why he tosses it up when Parker has a corner right on his hip. Tua is a rookie who played at Bama where basically every single play he would be able to find a receiver who was open. (This is not a knock on Tua whatsoever because he has clearly shown he can identify the open receiver when they are there) Tua is a gamer and a hard worker and I wouldn't be surprised if going forward we start to see more jump balls thrown when Parker and Gesicki have 1 on 1 coverage which will force teams to double and may actually allow other players to take advantage and get open for a change.

Understanding the type of receivers we have and the type of receivers Tua has had in the past, I fully expected a game like this to happen where he was waiting for the receivers to get separation because historically that is what he is used to. Bad games are expected for rookie QB's and I think it's way more important to see how Tua responds to this and whether we start to see some of these contested throws more often. Everyone has bad days and everyone makes mistakes, the great ones learn from those mistakes and minimize them. I have no idea if Tua will be one of the greats, but I can't wait to find out

Back
Top Bottom