Finheaven needs your help:become a vip | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven needs your help:become a vip

I voted excellent five stars!!

as everyone should!!

fin-atic... how close are we getting to the goal, and are the following months goals similar. Is this going to be a monthly cause?

Matt,

Seriously if there is 70,000 registered members just have a ONE dollar annual fee for those who are VIP! It is a dollar everyone that owns a computer has internet access can spare a buck a year! If they don't want to spare a buck they probably contribute here anyway and registered just to check it out once or twice. It is very simple by the end of Jan your dollar needs to be paypaled, snail mailed, western unioned, etc or your act is locked. Once you get the site self sufficient maybe you can waive the fee, but until then stop stressing yourself and bearing the financial burden.

I made my donation earlier as well, hope FinHeaven stays around for a long time to come. Nothing much but every little bit helps.

Matt,

Seriously if there is 70,000 registered members just have a ONE dollar annual fee for those who are VIP! It is a dollar everyone that owns a computer has internet access can spare a buck a year! If they don't want to spare a buck they probably contribute here anyway and registered just to check it out once or twice. It is very simple by the end of Jan your dollar needs to be paypaled, snail mailed, western unioned, etc or your act is locked. Once you get the site self sufficient maybe you can waive the fee, but until then stop stressing yourself and bearing the financial burden.
although we have 70,000 registered members, only 13,000 something are actually active members.

still way more than enough to raise what is needed, just saying.

although we have 70,000 registered members, only 13,000 something are actually active members.

still way more than enough to raise what is needed, just saying.

Lots of boards do it a aviation board I belong to started charging $10 it just got to big and the expenses to high for it to be free. If it is just 13,000 active I would hope that+ VIP+ adds would atleast make this pay for its self.

As being one of the worst posters on the board i felt it was my moral obligation to human decency to donate $20.00

I saw "Breaking News" and I kept ignoring this thread as I have seen that title before and it ended up with a piss poor thread. Finally I clicked this thread after seeing how many pages it has and I did not realize the urgency. I had VIP a few years back and it was just so dead that I decided I was not going to renew my VIP membership. However this is about keeping Finheaven alive and like many others, the holidays have hit me in the pockets pretty hard. That being said, 20 dollars is the least I could do at this time to help the cause and I hope many others do the same.

Hope everybody had a very Merry Xmas and lets all help out fin-atic, all of the administrators, mods and all of the dedicated members of this site continue to have the best sports message board on the internet going into the New Year. Even $5 makes a difference guys and Paypal is as safe of an internet transaction as you will ever find. Lets make it happen!!

I saw "Breaking News" and I kept ignoring this thread as I have seen that title before and it ended up with a piss poor thread. Finally I clicked this thread after seeing how many pages it has and I did not realize the urgency. I had VIP a few years back and it was just so dead that I decided I was not going to renew my VIP membership. However this is about keeping Finheaven alive and like many others, the holidays have hit me in the pockets pretty hard. That being said, 20 dollars is the least I could do at this time to help the cause and I hope many others do the same.

Hope everybody had a very Merry Xmas and lets all help out fin-atic, all of the administrators, mods and all of the dedicated members of this site continue to have the best sports message board on the internet going into the New Year. Even $5 makes a difference guys and Paypal is as safe of an internet transaction as you will ever find. Lets make it happen!!

my pockets are broke cause of xmas, but il go ahead and commit the last 5-10$ i have to finheaven. Il put in my donation once i deposit the money in my bank account tomorrow. Come on ppl every little bit helps!

Lots of boards do it a aviation board I belong to started charging $10 it just got to big and the expenses to high for it to be free. If it is just 13,000 active I would hope that+ VIP+ adds would atleast make this pay for its self.

I contribute because supporting it is the right thing to do when you derive as much pleasure and spend as much time on a particular board as I do here. So a yearly membership fee is moot AFAIC. However, it's not an awful idea. I had a cyber flare up a few months ago calling out a complainer who proclaimed FH's server peak overloaded downtime was a "disgrace" when that individual averaged a few visits/day yet did nothing himself in support of the site other than consuming its bandwidth. I know it's easy to take granted everything that's free on the internet, but really, no one should lose sight of the reality that there's someone somewhere who's gotta foot the bill one way or another :idk:

I contribute because supporting it is the right thing to do when you derive as much pleasure and spend as much time on a particular board as I do here. So a yearly membership fee is moot AFAIC. However, it's not an awful idea. I had a cyber flare up a few months ago calling out a complainer who proclaimed FH's server peak overloaded downtime was a "disgrace" when that individual averaged a few visits/day yet did nothing himself in support of the site other than consuming its bandwidth. I know it's easy to take granted everything that's free on the internet, but really, no one should lose sight of the reality that there's someone somewhere who's gotta foot the bill one way or another :idk:

You are always so PC my friend! I think simply put it is time for us to put up or shut up! If you aren't VIP you pay a $1.05 annual site service fee, I added the nickel to off set the paypal fee. It is a very reasonable price to pay for the luxury and convienence of coming here for your one stop Miami Dolphin news and transactions. I know whenever I see something Dolphin related flashes on a ticker I come here and my question is answered. Motto mention you get the added enjoyment of discussing/debating fellow Fun faithful.

Now I know the next question is what if it totals more then the site cost to run? Simple Matt keeps it to A. Reimburse himself for his losses B. Have it for upgrades when needed.

Think about it $1.05 can guarantee Finheaven is always here for our enjoyment and addictions running fast forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
The dollar thing is a good idea. Might scare off new members though...I probably never would have seen this site if I had to pay just to try it. Maybe have it free for the first month or two on a trial basis then charge the dollar?

The dollar thing is a good idea. Might scare off new members though...I probably never would have seen this site if I had to pay just to try it. Maybe have it free for the first month or two on a trial basis then charge the dollar?

Do a 30 day trail and then it is a $1.05 if you don't cancel. I am sure once they are members they will see the site is worth a buck!

This my friend is the challenge for this site. We have achieved great volume which is great success..however the majority who use this site religiously are not inclined to support it...yet they hate the ads...they want more and faster...yet they don't want to pay for it. I don't understand this mindset. And here we sit three or four days into this and sadly have only reached half our goal. We have received only 50 people to donate of the THOUSANDS that come here every day. Thousands of registered members show up chat, talk and get their news and all we are asking is they give this time to keep it going. We need 50 more people....so let the beating continue until we find them... :-)

-Matt

Sorry man. I know the timing on this couldn't be worse. But I had no choice but to put this out to the membership to help...thank you for your support.

my pockets are broke cause of xmas, but il go ahead and commit the last 5-10$ i have to finheaven. Il put in my donation once i deposit the money in my bank account tomorrow. Come on ppl every little bit helps!

Back
Top Bottom