Finheaven Staff Ask Us Anything | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven Staff Ask Us Anything

Is dry sharpening a knife on a dry wet stone just a movie thing or does it work? I tried to use a wet stone to sharpen some of my kitchen knives and it did nothing.

Is dry sharpening a knife on a dry wet stone just a movie thing or does it work? I tried to use a wet stone to sharpen some of my kitchen knives and it did nothing.
Dear Fin-Loco,

Nobody likes a dry stone on a hard knife. It's only a movie thing, much like multiple knives on a single stone from all angles, it can lead to failure. We recommend spitting on the stone prior to running the hard knife edge up and down the stone, therefor the stone and the hard knife have a much better chance a quality interaction and lead up to a great edge.

Sincerely,

-Finheaven Staff.

Last edited:
Dear Fin-Loco,

Nobody likes a dry stone on a hard knife. It's only a movie thing, much like multiple knives on a single stone from all angles, it can lead to failure. We recommend spitting on the stone prior to running the hard knife edge up and down the stone, therefor the stone and the hard knife have a much better chance a quality interaction and lead up to a great edge.

Sincerely,

-Finheaven Staff.

I was gonna say it's like going in dry ... just spit on it :p

Dear Fin-Loco,

Sincerely,

-Finheaven Staff.

Yes @NY8123 is right, always wet dry things then "much better chance a quality interaction"..............................evilgrin0007.gif

vaseline2.jpg

Ha! Using a dry wet stone to sharpen knives is like trying to swim on a dry land - it's just not going to work! All jokes aside, using a wet stone without any water can cause friction and create more heat, which can actually dull the blade even further. If you want to get the most out of your wet stone, you'll want to make sure it's soaked in water for at least 10-15 minutes before use. And if all else fails, you can always resort to using a good old-fashioned sharpening stone instead!

TLDR; Spit before slide

Ha! Using a dry wet stone to sharpen knives is like trying to swim on a dry land - it's just not going to work! All jokes aside, using a wet stone without any water can cause friction and create more heat, which can actually dull the blade even further. If you want to get the most out of your wet stone, you'll want to make sure it's soaked in water for at least 10-15 minutes before use. And if all else fails, you can always resort to using a good old-fashioned sharpening stone instead!

TLDR; Spit before slide
I tried it with water. I must be doing it wrong. Was a pain in the butt.

images

Who are we taking as our top pick in the draft?
Dear Loco,

Did you get the memo @Henrik sent you? If not you might wanna pack, sooner rather than later. We are trading back into the 1st round to pick up an OT in the mid-1st.

In a rare inter-division trade we are moving up to 15th and for that the Jets get the following:

1. Miami's 2nd round pick
  2. Cedric Wilson
  3. Emmanuel Ogbah
  4. 2024 6th
Also included are the following terms:
  1. Fin-Loco heads to Gang Green via a Supermarket Parking Lot
  2. Fireman Ed goes to Miami
Both of these terms will also be made into children's books which both sites will get the royalties. It seems the fanbase wanted some fresh moves also and it helps generate a revenue stream for the rest of us. Hope this helps and if you need help packing please stop at your local Home Depot and ask the following "Alguien necesita trabajo?"

-NY8123

Dear Loco,

Did you get the memo @Henrik sent you? If not you might wanna pack, sooner rather than later. We are trading back into the 1st round to pick up an OT in the mid-1st.

In a rare inter-division trade we are moving up to 15th and for that the Jets get the following:

1. Miami's 2nd round pick
  2. Cedric Wilson
  3. Emmanuel Ogbah
  4. 2024 6th
Also included are the following terms:
  1. Fin-Loco heads to Gang Green via a Supermarket Parking Lot
  2. Fireman Ed goes to Miami
Both of these terms will also be made into children's books which both sites will get the royalties. It seems the fanbase wanted some fresh moves also and it helps generate a revenue stream for the rest of us. Hope this helps and if you need help packing please stop at your local Home Depot and ask the following "Alguien necesita trabajo?"

-NY8123
Well done. Henrik wants Washington FYI at 51.

For the love of God, it's a WHETstone.

But yes, you wet a whetstone. Unless it's a very fine grit.

Back
Top Bottom