First 3 picks in 2021 draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First 3 picks in 2021 draft

I do not hate Tua. I like Tua, But, he is the only QB under contract for next year. The reason for the priorities is to compete for superbowl, we are in a superbowl window. Same goal applies to QB position. We cannot have any uncertainty. For example, if Tua gets injured or if he starts playing badly. We cannot rely only on Tua. We must have another blue chip QB. That position is the most important thing. If we get a chance to draft a blue chip QB, Grier's gotta do it. We cannot pass up on a blue chip QB.
How many teams have 2 blue chip QBs that they used top 10 picks on in the draft and kept them?
You are presenting a bold strategy as no team has done that.
Thats an absolute waste of a pick instead of adding a blue chipper at WR, RB or LB.

How many teams have 2 blue chip QBs that they used top 10 picks on in the draft and kept them?
You are presenting a bold strategy as no team has done that.
Thats an absolute waste of a pick instead of adding a blue chipper at WR, RB or LB.

Because, while it's obvious Grier must fill WR and RB room with standouts, there is nothing more important than QB. For example, you cannot pass on Roethlisberger to draft Jerry Rice or Moss. QB always takes the priority if a blue chipper.

I do not hate Tua. I like Tua, But, he is the only QB under contract for next year. The reason for the priorities is to compete for superbowl, we are in a superbowl window. Same goal applies to QB position. We cannot have any uncertainty. For example, if Tua gets injured or if he starts playing badly. We cannot rely only on Tua. We must have another blue chip QB. That position is the most important thing. If we get a chance to draft a blue chip QB, Grier's gotta do it. We cannot pass up on a blue chip QB.

I don’t disagree with the premise but I doubt Miami is going to have a rookie backing up Tua next year and I’m also not a Trask fan.

Because, while it's obvious Grier must fill WR and RB room with standouts, there is nothing more important than QB. For example, you cannot pass on Roethlisberger to draft Jerry Rice or Moss. QB always takes the priority if a blue chipper.
Thats not my argument. I wouldn't pass on Ben for Jerry. The argument here is I believe we already have our QB and you don't. I'm drafting my backup QB in the 5th round and blue chip WR and RB in the first. You draft another QB with our 1st pick and ill go my route. I'm 100% confident Tua makes it to SB before any QB you draft.

Thats not my argument. I wouldn't pass on Ben for Jerry. The argument here is I believe we already have our QB and you don't. I'm drafting my backup QB in the 5th round and blue chip WR and RB in the first. You draft another QB with our 1st pick and ill go my route. I'm 100% confident Tua makes it to SB before any QB you draft.
If I was Grier, I would not worry whether we do or not have our quarterback when we have just one under contract for next year. I would give Flores at least two standout quarterbacks to work with as a priority for the superbowl run. Only then I would know i gave him sufficient number and the right type of quarterbacks to work with and decide who starts when and all that.

Priorities are filling the 53-men roster with blue chippers. Lack of standouts is particularly glaring at WR 2 through 5, and RB 1 and 2. Also at one of the LB spots. Then the depth on Oline.
You think Parker is a bonafide #1...?

I can think of teams who have 2 #1s WRs

And we don’t have one

I like tua but him having the same initials is not a good thing

Which Tide players do we take in the later rounds?

Obviously you take the best player regardless of school. But when it comes down to it, being at a top (football) school can help your grade. When the U was rolling, it was really annoying how few Canes were drafted by Miami. Thrill Hill comes to mind. A flyer on Melvin Bratton. Some others bounced to Miami later, like Lamar Thomas. But what are we talking about here with that?

I’m fine with us giving Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia and LSU extra benefit of the doubt every year. They are playing at a different level than everyone else. There can be a nice player anywhere, but I like peppering our roster with heavy weighting to those schools. Success can move in cycles. USC and Texas are sleeping giants and could move into that level again so you can adjust.

And we have essentially already been doing that, with significant success. Keep it rolling. Without tryIng very hard, Wilkins, R. Davis, Baker, Ferguson, Kindley, Tua. Lawson via free agency. Not bad at all. Tank and the tackle from OSU were failures but we’ve gotten some core players from those schools.

Two players per year from those schools is fine with me. I like going over weight with the big five schools. They will have the goods to have even been recruited by those schools. Then they are immersed in winning, the habits, the learning and development, the culture, the big games. Lots of good reasons.

Of course, we have landed Austin Jax from USC and others at big power programs. That’s really smart too. I’m not saying you only draft from the top five schools. Just that you over weight them.

Obviously you take the best player regardless of school. But when it comes down to it, being at a top (football) school can help your grade. When the U was rolling, it was really annoying how few Canes were drafted by Miami. Thrill Hill comes to mind. A flyer on Melvin Bratton. Some others bounced to Miami later, like Lamar Thomas. But what are we talking about here with that?

I’m fine with us giving Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia and LSU extra benefit of the doubt every year. They are playing at a different level than everyone else. There can be a nice player anywhere, but I like peppering our roster with heavy weighting to those schools. Success can move in cycles. USC and Texas are sleeping giants and could move into that level again so you can adjust.

And we have essentially already been doing that, with significant success. Keep it rolling. Without tryIng very hard, Wilkins, R. Davis, Baker, Ferguson, Kindley, Tua. Lawson via free agency. Not bad at all. Tank and the tackle from OSU were failures but we’ve gotten some core players from those schools.

Two players per year from those schools is fine with me. I like going over weight with the big five schools. They will have the goods to have even been recruited by those schools. Then they are immersed in winning, the habits, the learning and development, the culture, the big games. Lots of good reasons.

Of course, we have landed Austin Jax from USC and others at big power programs. That’s really smart too. I’m not saying you only draft from the top five schools. Just that you over weight them.
that reminds me that Terrell Davis was a backup in college

1A) Devonta Smith 1B) LB/DE 2A) Rondale Moore 2B) Najee Harris or Best Available RB 3) NT/DT 4) Center

I would hate to spend the kind of $$$$ on a FA WR that those 3 would command.

The history of Big Money FA WR's is not very good.

They should have a opportunity to land a dynamic WR in Round 1 who will be younger and cheaper than any of those guys.

I would hate to spend the kind of $$$$ on a FA WR that those 3 would command.

The history of Big Money FA WR's is not very good.

They should have a opportunity to land a dynamic WR in Round 1 who will be younger and cheaper than any of those guys.
What’s the history on 1st round receivers?

Back
Top Bottom