First 4 picks dream | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First 4 picks dream

I think many prefer to just build the team willy nilly, and totally disregard the framework of a viable overall plan.

I can nitpick, or defend for that matter, some questionable moves, but I really have no complaint about the approach, and timetable.

A good FO has to look beyond one season.
When you say, 'many', I think you meant to type 'most'.

:NANA:

Yes, backup quality Defensive Linemen can be found in Free Agency, but I think that most of the better ones get resigned by their drafting teams. Since the salary for DTs is less, I think it is more about availability.

I will say this... there are usually one or two DTs picked in the first round, so the selection wasn't a total break from reality, just a bit over-priced. I don't hate the pick... other than the jumping on Preston Williams thing... he's been a real joy to have on the team.
Meh.. he was outperformed this yr by a rookie and an udfa (sizler) Plus he’s a man child

Meh.. he was outperformed this yr by a rookie and an udfa (sizler) Plus he’s a man child
I think he sets the tone... childishness and enthusiam can lead to a loose locker room and a fearlessness.

I like him. I'd assess the pick a B.

So "gasbags" is a term of endearment now? I realize you weren't addressing an individual. Worse, you painted with a broad brush.

Do you really beleive any of the RBs here are on a level with Zeke, Barkley, Gurley, etc coming out?

I don't.
Even if they were I wouldn’t touch them in the first round.

I am not 100% against taking a RB in the first round... more like 95%.

But if I take one, he'd better be of legendary prospect status... Yes, Elliot, yes Barkley... guys who can just destroy the competition.

I do not believe that any of this year's backs are on that level.

As a parallel... Pitts at TE. I'm not generally in favour of drafting Tight Ends in the first either... but Pitts is a VERY rare, maybe unique prospect.

Harris is not. Nor is Etienne or Williams.

So "gasbags" is a term of endearment now? I realize you weren't addressing an individual. Worse, you painted with a broad brush.

Do you really beleive any of the RBs here are on a level with Zeke, Barkley, Gurley, etc coming out?

I don't.
So no sense of humor?

Yes I do. I believe that the top 3 running backs in this draft are elite and out of those three, I think Najee Harris has the potential to be a Travis Henry type of back. you may or may not agree with that assessment, but hypothetically, if he did turn out like that wouldn’t he be worth the 18th pick in the draft? Etinene, & Javonte Williams also look really good to me.

Now having said that, of course a pass rusher would be a nice get, but in this scenario, we got Pitts and a WR. So that left RB and Center which to me are both higher priority to address than pass rusher based on the durability issues of the WR’s and our lack of talent at RB which is mediocre at best. My thought is that A good offense with a good running game will convert more third downs and that will keep our defense fresh and will have a nice impact on them whereas the pass rushers that would be available to us are not elite whereas the offensive players are, so that’s one scenario.

On the other hand, if we don’t get Pitts and we draft Chase or Smith at 6 then an edge player at 18 would be solid with a RB at 36 maybe Williams if still available and still the center at 50 would still be amazing.l

This was just a dream scenario for me, that’s all. Everyone has their own dream...

Dream senario
6. Kyle pitts
18. Najee Harris
36. Zaven Collins ...probably won’t be there
50. Carlos Basham ...probably won’t be there
81. Amari Rodgers
156. Drew Dalman crossing fingers

Jaelen Phillips is absolutely elite. He has injury concerns but anyone who's done a bit of digging on it knows it's being overblown.

I haven't done the digging and I won't pretend that I have, but 4 concussions leading to a college 'retirement' is overblown?

What are you smoking? Pass rusher is not a bigger need than running back.
Sorry but I couldn't disagree more. The only thing we just could not do last year is get to the QB. That has to change. I agree that we need aRB, but Edge is a must in this draft.

What are you smoking? Pass rusher is not a bigger need than running back.
Oh really? We got pressure with scheme not talent. You might want to call Grier and let him know because we will definitely be taking a LB/DE at 18. Newsflash. We will NOT be taking a RB in the 1st round

6. Chase/Smith
18. Phillips (preferably trade down)
36. Harris/Etienne/Williams
50. Humphrey/Dickerson

Oh really? We got pressure with scheme not talent. You might want to call Grier and let him know because we will definitely be taking a LB/DE at 18. Newsflash. We will NOT be taking a RB in the 1st round
How was our running game last year? How about the defense being able to get a blow because the O was able to actually convert 3rd downs.

Pass rusher is important, not saying that, but we aren’t that bad there. We got decent pressure last year.

As for your news flash, you may be Right, but then again, maybe not.

How was our running game last year? How about the defense being able to get a blow because the O was able to actually convert 3rd downs.

Pass rusher is important, not saying that, but we aren’t that bad there. We got decent pressure last year.

As for your news flash, you may be Right, but then again, maybe not.
Who are our elite pass rushers? We have none. We got pressure with scheme not talent at the position. With the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers all with elite QBs we damn well better get some young pass rushers if we want to competitive in the AFC. Here’s a clue what we’re going to do in the draft. How many pass rushers have we signed in FA? ZERO.

Back
Top Bottom