First 4 picks dream | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First 4 picks dream

Can I ask you guys a question: No one seems to mention our signing of Brown. I know his ypc is average (4.1) but watching film of him running is seriously impressive. Could Brown's ypc be because the Rams passing game suffered throughout the year?
After watching actual footage Brown looks like a stud.

"Dream" - so unlikely, but within reason is my interpretation.

6. -Trade down to the teens, get 2022 1st, 2021 2nd. Draft Jaylen Waddle.
18. - Trade down to 20's. Draft Jaylan Phillips.
36 - Travis Etienne
50 - Creed Humphrey
2nd rd pick from trade - Joseph Ossai

In any order:

D. Smith
Najee Harris or Travis Etienne
Creed Humphrey or Landon Dickerson
Zaven Collins or Owusu

We were ranked 10th in the league in sacks last year.

We were 28th in YPC last year.

What do you think is the greater need?
Nothing about a RB here

“Miamis big farewell to both Kyle Van Noy and Shaq Lawson this offseason, leaving the pass rush as one of Miami’s biggest needs yet to be addressed. And this development comes even after the pass rush for the Dolphins was considered to still be a work in progress. Miami had success in 2020 generating pressure with blitz looks, but when the team needed to drop seven or eight into coverage and try to flood zones on critical downs, the results were very hit or miss.”

"Dream" - so unlikely, but within reason is my interpretation.

6. -Trade down to the teens, get 2022 1st, 2021 2nd. Draft Jaylen Waddle.
18. - Trade down to 20's. Draft Jaylan Phillips.
36 - Travis Etienne
50 - Creed Humphrey
2nd rd pick from trade - Joseph Ossai
We will not trade out of the top 8, depending who’s available at 6 when we pick and if the Panthers give us an offer we can’t refuse that includes their 2nd this year. Waddle won’t be available in the teens IMO

Can I ask you guys a question: No one seems to mention our signing of Brown. I know his ypc is average (4.1) but watching film of him running is seriously impressive. Could Brown's ypc be because the Rams passing game suffered throughout the year?
After watching actual footage Brown looks like a stud.
RZ, 3rd and 4th down only

You didn’t answer my question but ran to Google. How many pass rushers have we signed so far in FA? Google that. You obviously have no understanding of Flo’s defensive schemes. Did you not even read what I said? Not only have we not signed one in FA, we don’t have any elite pass rushers on the roster. None. Zero. Nada. We got to the QB using scheme—blitzes and cover 0. How did that work out vs the Bills and Chiefs? If we do not fix this issue in this draft we have zero chance of success in the AFC. We will select at least one pass rusher/LB in the first round (18) and maybe another LB/PR in the second or third. RB is not nearly as important a need as we have already addressed that in FA.
Look, you don’t have to be hostile. I don’t care how many pass rushers we signed in FA, we probably didn’t sign any because of cap space and because (wait for it) we were in the top 10 in Sacks last year, so it’s not relevant to the draft priorities in my opinion.

It doesn’t mean we won’t draft one if there is one that the FO loves that is available, but all this is is my dream scenario, nothing more.

I gave you stats and facts. Our QB pressures combination of scheme and personnel rated in the top 10 last year, and we pretty much have the same crew back. We swapped out a couple of players but will likely get similar production this year.

Our Running backs and running game were pathetic last year and one of the weakest parts of our team. If we upgrade the running game it will help both the offense and the defense because a more effective offense will give the defense more of a rest So they will be able to play with more energy when they are called upon.

Our defense as currently constituted will probably perform similar if not a bit better with improving players as last year. If we don’t at a stud running back, our running game will probably perform as poorly as it did last year.

WR also needs to be upgraded even with Will Fuller added the other priority is that Due to durability issues with the top 3 or 4 players we have on the roster at that position.

Tua also needs to be put in the best chance to succeed as possible. 100% the number one priority this offseason above absolutely everything else because we have to know if the is the guy or not and we have to find that out this year, but we have to set him up to succeed. That means more weapons and probably another piece or two on the OLine.

I mean think about it. They passed on Herbert. They have multiple picks after the SF trade in future drafts to fix the QB position or draft another one if Tua isn’t the guy. But, we spent the overall pick on him last year. People‘s jobs are on the line for that sort of thing, so the priority I would imagine is to set Tua up to succeed to remove all doubt by surrounding him with weapons and talent. The defense will be fine. The offense needs upgrades at a number of positions inlcuding as a matter of priority Rb.

So, we’ll see...

How was our running game last year? How about the defense being able to get a blow because the O was able to actually convert 3rd downs.

Pass rusher is important, not saying that, but we aren’t that bad there. We got decent pressure last year.

As for your news flash, you may be Right, but then again, maybe not.
We ARE that bad there. Our pass rush only worked when we blitzed, when we schemed it... we don't have a single top pass rusher on our roster. Ogbah started quickly, but was eventually nullified by other teams... and after that... nothin'.

Van Noy's six sacks are gone, Lawson's 4 sacks are gone... and we brought in nothing, no pass rush at all.

We're THAT bad... and Ogbah is on his last year of contract...

This is the biggest actual need on the team.

my dream:

6. Pitts (TE/WR)
18. Smith (WR)
36. Phillips (Edge)
50. Jenkins (Oline)

---

81. Eskridge (WR)
156. Sermon (RB)

Pitts is a no brainer for me at this point, if ATL and CIN pass on him. Smith is the most complete WR in the draft if he's there at 18 you run that card up there and worry about the other needs later. Phillips is the best edge in the class, 36 is a great spot to take a chance on his medical history. We would have to have a lot of luck for Jenkins to slide to 50 but if he does another I would run the card up for. Eskridge and Sermon add to the weapons for Tua.

Look, you don’t have to be hostile. I don’t care how many pass rushers we signed in FA, we probably didn’t sign any because of cap space and because (wait for it) we were in the top 10 in Sacks last year, so it’s not relevant to the draft priorities in my opinion.

It doesn’t mean we won’t draft one if there is one that the FO loves that I gave you stats and facts. Our QB pressures combination of scheme and personnel rated in the top 10 last year, and we pretty much have the same crew back. We swapped out a couple of players but will likely get similar production this year.
Our Running backs and running game were pathetic last year and one of the weakest parts of our team. If we upgrade the running game it will help both the offense and the defense because a more effective offense will give the defense more of a rest So they will be able to play with more energy when they are called upon.

Our defense as currently constituted will probably perform similar if not a bit better with improving players as last year. If we don’t at a stud running back, our running game will probably perform as poorly as it did last year.

WR also needs to be upgraded even with Will Fuller added the other priority is that Due to durability issues with the top 3 or 4 players we have on the roster at that position.

Tua also needs to be put in the best chance to succeed as possible. 100% the number one priority this offseason above absolutely everything else because we have to know if the is the guy or not and we have to find that out this year, but we have to set him up to succeed. That means more weapons and probably another piece or two on the OLine.

I mean think about it. They passed on Herbert. They have multiple picks after the SF trade in future drafts to fix the QB position or draft another one if Tua isn’t the guy. But, we spent the overall pick on him last year. People‘s jobs are on the line for that sort of thing, so the priority I would imagine is to set Tua up to succeed to remove all doubt by surrounding him with weapons and talent. The defense will be fine. The offense needs upgrades at a number of positions inlcuding as a matter of priority Rb.

So, we’ll see...
This is what you said.

“What are you smoking? Pass rusher is not a bigger need than running back.”

I responded in the same demeanor and tone— kind for kind. Now you’re saying I’m hostile? Lol. Whatever dude. If you’re going to make demonstrably inaccurate statements someone will call you out on this board because there’s some very educated fans here.

We ARE that bad there. Our pass rush only worked when we blitzed, when we schemed it... we don't have a single top pass rusher on our roster. Ogbah started quickly, but was eventually nullified by other teams... and after that... nothin'.

Van Noy's six sacks are gone, Lawson's 4 sacks are gone... and we brought in nothing, no pass rush at all.

We're THAT bad... and Ogbah is on his last year of contract...

This is the biggest actual need on the team.
Yep. We need two

In free agency, we filled all of our holes with reasonable players. It allows us to get studs in the draft. Get the best players available, or trade for them Yes we have needs but we were 10-6 with a crappy team talent-wise. Plus most of the talent we had was very young. The only reach we need in the draft is a stud rusher

It’s not out of question taking creed at 18. He is graded one of the best workouts ever as a center. Go back and see where w picked pouncey. Running would be much better with creed starting and second round Qb. Maybe menierz with pick 50 works too

It’s not out of question taking creed at 18. He is graded one of the best workouts ever as a center. Go back and see where w picked pouncey. Running would be much better with creed starting and second round Qb. Maybe menierz with pick 50 works too
Second round RB that’s is

Back
Top Bottom