First 4 picks dream | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First 4 picks dream

Pick 6: Kyle Pitts TE: two tight end sets with Gesicki and Pitts would be deadly. Best TE prospect to come out in A long time. Getting our own Kelce for Tua would be hard to pass up. Word is he can block too, but he is a mismatch and great red zone weapon. This would be a dream.

pick 18: Najee Harris RB: I know some of you gasbags are going to say “what? A running back in the first round? Blah blah blah”. i say damn straight, would you have drafted derick Henry in the first round? That’s what this guy can be. He’s got good hands and at 230 pounds he can smash people in the mouth. In a two tight end set with this guy in the backfield? that would look nasty. RPO’s anyone? Give the offense some flexibility. Buffalo in the winter? Smash em in the mouth With Pitts & Gesicki there to attack the seams and keep the defenses guessing?

Pick 36: Kadarius Toney WR: We still need to add another receiver with the durability issues of Parker, Fuller, and Preston Williams, and if those guys are on the field we’ll need someone who can play in the slot. Terrace Williams would also be nice here.

Pick 50: Center : Rashawn Slater. I know some are projecting him to go higher in the first round as a tackle, but his arms measured 33” at his pro day and he is kind of light. He is projected as the best center on the board though, and I don’t trust the free agent from Baltimore we signed, so I’m taking this guy here.

Now with these four picks the front office has fulfilled their most important goal. That is to set Tua up for success. After this haul, he has the weapons to attack every blade of grass and defenses we play have to respect our passing and running game. I’m hoping our rookie olinemen from last year take a step forward with a full off season of contact drills to improve dramatically as blockers, and :

WR: Parker, Fuller, Toney, Williams, Wilson, (or Bowden depending upon who wins in camp)

TE: Gesicki, Pitts, Smythe

RB: Harris, Gaskin, Brown, Ahmed,

Oline: Jackson, Flowers, Slater, Kindley, Hunt

What about the defense you ask? Defense will be fine and will actually improve for two reasons. Number one, a good offense that can convert on 3rd down and stay on the field will keep them fresh so they won’t get so tired. And 2, I think IGGY will be better than he was last year and our secondary will be even more scary than it was last year. Defense is fine! Priority is to set Tua up for success and this draft‘s investment would definitely do that.
Sign me up!

Oh really? We got pressure with scheme not talent. You might want to call Grier and let him know because we will definitely be taking a LB/DE at 18. Newsflash. We will NOT be taking a RB in the 1st round

We were ranked 10th in the league in sacks last year.

We were 28th in YPC last year.

What do you think is the greater need?

Last edited:

We were ranked 10th in the leagues in sacks last year.

We were 28th in YPC last year.

What do you think is the greater need?
You didn’t answer my question but ran to Google. How many pass rushers have we signed so far in FA? Google that. You obviously have no understanding of Flo’s defensive schemes. Did you not even read what I said? Not only have we not signed one in FA, we don’t have any elite pass rushers on the roster. None. Zero. Nada. We got to the QB using scheme—blitzes and cover 0. How did that work out vs the Bills and Chiefs? If we do not fix this issue in this draft we have zero chance of success in the AFC. We will select at least one pass rusher/LB in the first round (18) and maybe another LB/PR in the second or third. RB is not nearly as important a need as we have already addressed that in FA.

First 4 pick dream for me
6. Pitts
18. Kwity Paye
36. Williams
50. Eskridge

I think if we don't pick RB by 36 we miss out on the top 3 Harris, Eteinne and Williams.

None of the top 3 RBs are projected to make it past mid round 2.

Pick 6: Kyle Pitts TE: two tight end sets with Gesicki and Pitts would be deadly. Best TE prospect to come out in A long time. Getting our own Kelce for Tua would be hard to pass up. Word is he can block too, but he is a mismatch and great red zone weapon. This would be a dream.

pick 18: Najee Harris RB: I know some of you gasbags are going to say “what? A running back in the first round? Blah blah blah”. i say damn straight, would you have drafted derick Henry in the first round? That’s what this guy can be. He’s got good hands and at 230 pounds he can smash people in the mouth. In a two tight end set with this guy in the backfield? that would look nasty. RPO’s anyone? Give the offense some flexibility. Buffalo in the winter? Smash em in the mouth With Pitts & Gesicki there to attack the seams and keep the defenses guessing?

Pick 36: Kadarius Toney WR: We still need to add another receiver with the durability issues of Parker, Fuller, and Preston Williams, and if those guys are on the field we’ll need someone who can play in the slot. Terrace Williams would also be nice here.

Pick 50: Center : Rashawn Slater. I know some are projecting him to go higher in the first round as a tackle, but his arms measured 33” at his pro day and he is kind of light. He is projected as the best center on the board though, and I don’t trust the free agent from Baltimore we signed, so I’m taking this guy here.

Now with these four picks the front office has fulfilled their most important goal. That is to set Tua up for success. After this haul, he has the weapons to attack every blade of grass and defenses we play have to respect our passing and running game. I’m hoping our rookie olinemen from last year take a step forward with a full off season of contact drills to improve dramatically as blockers, and :

WR: Parker, Fuller, Toney, Williams, Wilson, (or Bowden depending upon who wins in camp)

TE: Gesicki, Pitts, Smythe

RB: Harris, Gaskin, Brown, Ahmed,

Oline: Jackson, Flowers, Slater, Kindley, Hunt

What about the defense you ask? Defense will be fine and will actually improve for two reasons. Number one, a good offense that can convert on 3rd down and stay on the field will keep them fresh so they won’t get so tired. And 2, I think IGGY will be better than he was last year and our secondary will be even more scary than it was last year. Defense is fine! Priority is to set Tua up for success and this draft‘s investment would definitely do that.
This is the fun season, when anything is possible. :)

All of those guys are good prospects. I feel it is probably worth pointing out that there is a very good chance Rashawn Slater goes in the top 10 ... and 0% chance he lasts until round 2. Everyone has their dream draft. Here is my latest mock, that seems fairly realistic and represents what would probably be a best case scenario for the Dolphins barring more trades.

Overall Pick #: Round# Pick# Position Player Name - School
6: R1 P6 WR Ja’Marr Chase - LSU
18: R1 P18 EDGE Jaelan Phillips - Miami
36: R2 P4 OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan
50: R2 P18 RB Travis Etienne - Clemson
81: R3 P17 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
156: R5 P12 LB Charles Snowden - Virginia
231: R7 P3 OT Tyler Vrabel - Boston College
258: R7 P30 CB Bryan Mills - N. Carolina Central

This would allow us to build around Tua with arguably the best WR prospect in the draft (and reasonable minds may differ on who that is, but IMHO it's Chase), while adding an OT and IOL based upon who is still available at those spots. It takes advantage of this mock where the RB position falls and we get my RB#1 prospect. We absolutely need a hybrid OLB/DE and Jalen Phillips is the best edge in this draft as well as a perfect scheme fit. Red flags? Yes. Question marks? Yes. But every single edge in this draft is a gamble ... there are no Chase Young prospects. If Phillips did not have those red flags he'd be a top 10 pick and our question would be whether to take him at #6, not at #18.

Getting Creed Humphrey in round 3 and Charles Snowden in round 5 are probably not going to happen because both guys will likley be long gone by then, but hey, that's why this part of the season is so enjoyable. The 7th round picks are gambles, but I like to gamble on small school CB's and OL from either small schools or systems that teach good technique.

Creed Humphrey is a center, and won’t go in the first round. He is not as athletic as Slater who would be an amazing get at that position if we were able to snag him. Slater has the feet of a tackle, but his arms are too short to play that position so he would probably be the highest rated center in The draft. But I would take Harris first.
Slater may well be the best OL in this draft ... no way he makes it out of the 1st round, and everyone would be shocked if he made it out of the top 15. Him making it to 50 is about as likely as Pitts dropping to 50. I give either a 0.00% chance of happening.

6 - Pitts
18 - Z Collins
36 - creed Humphrey or Dickenson
50 - Best WR or RB left

We can get Chubba Hubbard in rd 3

This is the fun season, when anything is possible. :)

All of those guys are good prospects. I feel it is probably worth pointing out that there is a very good chance Rashawn Slater goes in the top 10 ... and 0% chance he lasts until round 2. Everyone has their dream draft. Here is my latest mock, that seems fairly realistic and represents what would probably be a best case scenario for the Dolphins barring more trades.

Overall Pick #: Round# Pick# Position Player Name - School
6: R1 P6 WR Ja’Marr Chase - LSU
18: R1 P18 EDGE Jaelan Phillips - Miami
36: R2 P4 OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan
50: R2 P18 RB Travis Etienne - Clemson
81: R3 P17 C Creed Humphrey - Oklahoma
156: R5 P12 LB Charles Snowden - Virginia
231: R7 P3 OT Tyler Vrabel - Boston College
258: R7 P30 CB Bryan Mills - N. Carolina Central

This would allow us to build around Tua with arguably the best WR prospect in the draft (and reasonable minds may differ on who that is, but IMHO it's Chase), while adding an OT and IOL based upon who is still available at those spots. It takes advantage of this mock where the RB position falls and we get my RB#1 prospect. We absolutely need a hybrid OLB/DE and Jalen Phillips is the best edge in this draft as well as a perfect scheme fit. Red flags? Yes. Question marks? Yes. But every single edge in this draft is a gamble ... there are no Chase Young prospects. If Phillips did not have those red flags he'd be a top 10 pick and our question would be whether to take him at #6, not at #18.

Getting Creed Humphrey in round 3 and Charles Snowden in round 5 are probably not going to happen because both guys will likley be long gone by then, but hey, that's why this part of the season is so enjoyable. The 7th round picks are gambles, but I like to gamble on small school CB's and OL from either small schools or systems that teach good technique.
The two wild cards are the Falcons and the Bengals—a well run franchise and a joke franchise. After looking at Matt Ryan’s cap hit next year--58M—I just cannot see them taking anything but a QB if one drops, or trade the pick to the Panthers. It would be an idiotic franchise-killing move to take someone like Pitts. CINN is a terrible franchise and should definitely go with Sewell, but I think those morons take Chase and get their QB killed.

That being said I think we take Pitts at #6 and the pass rusher Flo likes best at #18, one of (Owusu-Karamoa, Jaelan Phillips, Greg Rousseau, Kwity Paye or Azeez Ojulari, Ossai or Oweh.) If Parsons drops, and I think he does, he’s a player I could see Grier move up for.

At #36 we could go with either N Harris, ETN (if they drop) Javonte Williams or another pass rusher, LB or S.

At #50, Darrisaw, OC Meinerz, WR Bateman or Jabril Cox.

Pitts at #6
Moore at #18 (would like to see a trade back here)
Harris or Williams at #36
Radunz at #50
Muinerz at # 81
This is a dream because I doubt very seriously if Grier will go all offense in the first 5 picks. I expect at least 2 defensive picks. If we could trade back from 18 and get another 2nd or 3rd then get a defensive player.

Traded pick 6 to Carolina for picks 8 and 73.....

Traded pick 36 and the 2022 3rd from SF to move up to 28...

20210404_170949.jpg

Here is the rest of my mock. Had to add 3rd attachment to get my last pick, but marked out picks from previous.

20210404_165702.jpg20210404_171553.jpg

Last edited:
Id be 110% content with this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210404-160446_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210404-160446_Opera.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20210404-160454_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210404-160454_Opera.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom