First Round Combo | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Combo

Travis Etienne and Najee Harris are the clear top 2 tailbacks in this draft. Now that doesn’t mean their going to turn out to be the 2 best players in the NFL

Najee at RB is worth that 7 mil per year contract that comes with #3 pick, and he will produce. And that is what we need and he is a beast.
The rest of the guys are more risky.

It's either Smith or chase and Collins for me..
Take the 1stbpick and move down to gater more picks for future use.

Trade back a few spots, add another 2nd and a 2022 pick.

1A - Smith - WR
1B - Zaven Collins - LB
2A - Alex Leatherwood - RT
2B - Humphrey - Center
2C - Javonte Williams - RB
3 - Elijah Moore - slot WR
Call Atlanta and tell them we are trading to a QB hungry team. But we'll take thier second (35)to swap spots. Then I'll take your draft. The more I consider it, its one of the best.

Pitts who hasn't played a down of pro ball is out of Gesicki's league.....

I don't parrot anybody. I've been a fan of his and have said so on here back to start of last year. I watch the Pac-12 more than any conf and watch Oregon plenty. He's talented player with a mean streak. And so what his stats are worse than Jake Long's. Long was pretty damn great coming out of Michigan.
Because that means he's not "generational" by definition.

I agree with most of this, but Smith really isn’t some speed guy (although he does look faster on tape than he actually is). He has comparable athleticism to Parker coming out of college, but he is shorter and 40lbs lighter. In terms of route running and body control Smith is much more polished than Parker was. Not to say he won’t have success, but he won’t burn NFL defenders as routinely as he did in college.
Smith and DVP are quite different players IMO.

DVP thrives in those contested catch situations due to his length, extended catch radius, and tremendous body control. What are normally 50/50 balls for most guys turn into 75/25 balls for him. Most of DVP’s “separation” comes from his ability to extend past the traditional catch point, and body control to consistently win on back shoulder placements.

DeVonta wins with sound route running and burst in and out of breaks. What makes Smith a bit unique is he has tremendous body control for a guy that doesn’t rely on it, and does a great job catching the ball away from his body. Definitely not a burner, but I view him closer to the Stefon Diggs mold than DVP.

If you’re looking for a player closer to DVP, look no further than Chase and Bateman as mentioned earlier

Which first round combo of players would you want? Let's assume we don't trade out although I can see a team like the Panthers trading up to get Wilson/Fields. Let's also assume we don't draft a QB.

I think the consensus is it's going to be a group of very specific players:

1A: Sewell, Parsons, Smith, Chase
1B: Harris, Etienne, Waddle, Rousseau, Collins, other OT

I'm having a hard time drafting a WR with the 3rd overall pick.

There have only been 5 WRs taken top 3 in the last 21 years:
Andre Johnson, Charles Rogers, Larry Fitzgerald, Braylon Edwards, Calvin Johnson.

One thing they all have in common. SIZE.
As talented as Smith is, I don't think you can take a 175 lb player at 3, especially with our other 2 top receivers always hurt.
Chase had an amazing year last year, but was it a flash-in-the-pan type year? One year on the best college team with the best college QB. Also, risky.

19 of the 77 wide receivers taken in the first round this century have or had fewer than 100 career receptions in the NFL.

I don't see how we can draft defense on this team when we very clearly need as much offensive infusion as possible. So that eliminates Parsons.

For me, it's Sewell/Harris. Move Hunt inside, start Kindley over Flowers, and draft a run-mauling C. Let's become the Titans 2.0 with perhaps a subpar running back but a MUCH better defense.

Spend $$ in FA on a WR, whether that's Godwin/Robinson. And draft WRs on day 2 and 3.

Of course, if we trade back then all bets are off.

Thoughts?

I've been vocal about anything resembling mocks (i.e., projecting who will be available at a given spot). I'll not go there. Given that, my preference is to trade down. If that is no option, DE/LB/WR with 1A. May be forced to overdraft. WR or WR with 1B. That's not a mistype. Others can plug in names.

If you don’t ask for it then you definitely won’t get it. The worst they can say is no in which case we get the best OT prospect in years. We win either way. You never know until after pro days and combine and all that stuff maybe one of those 3 I mentioned absolutely fall in love with Fields Wilson Lance or even Trask or Jones. Maybe we catch a desperate GM looking to make a splash. Maybe we catch a GM that’s just in love with 1 of them. Maybe Miami’s smokescreens their *** off and has a gullible believer. All it takes is 1 GM to be in love.
All I am saying is that the picks are lower cost and controllable and the cap is going down teams will hold onto them unless there are more desperate GMs out there

I've been vocal about anything resembling mocks (i.e., projecting who will be available at a given spot). I'll not go there. Given that, my preference is to trade down. If that is no option, DE/LB/WR with 1A. May be forced to overdraft. WR or WR with 1B. That's not a mistype. Others can plug in names.
I hope we draft 3-4 WRs but 2 on day 3

What's wrong with picking a WR at 3? I keep reading that folks can't see that....why? WR is one of the biggest if not the biggest need on this team and we can get the top receiver in the draft, why not draft him? If we draft Sewell great, if we draft Chase or Smith that's good too.

What's wrong with picking a WR at 3? I keep reading that folks can't see that....why? WR is one of the biggest if not the biggest need on this team and we can get the top receiver in the draft, why not draft him? If we draft Sewell great, if we draft Chase or Smith that's good too.

If Miami is forced to pick at #3, who knows. Depends on Flo's priorities and how close their top tanked players are. No one knows that

I like FINSIDED'S choices.......

1A: Sewell

1B: Harris

To me, theres a few great choices at 1A and anytime people are talking about a generational talent like sewell is labeled, you have take it unless you already have one at the position.

SEWELL on tua's blind side.
JACKSON stays at rt.
HUNT slides over to rg.
KINDLEY takes the lg spot where he belongs.
KARRAS actually had a very good year, played every snap.

Pretty killer line i say. And of course, i LOVE the harris choice at 1B.

I love draft season!!!!

So you're benching your $11mm a year guard??

Back
Top Bottom