First Round Combo | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Combo

trade down - draft Smith, Chase or Waddle

18 - trade down to 24-25 - Najee

36 - best defensive player available

50 - best defensive player available

Theirs 3 trade partners if we want to go down. Detroit at 7 Carolina at 8 and Denver at 9. All 3 of those teams could potentially go QB. My preference would be Detroit bc it’s a far enough drop for us to ask for their 2022 #1 which is damn near guaranteed to be top 10 and maybe even top 5. But any 3 of those spots have to be willing to give me their 2022 #1 or I’m hanging up the phone. Whether it’s 7 8 or 9 we’re still high enough to get one of the 3 premium WRs.

I'm well aware. I haven't heard Smith being called a once in a generation talent.
And you're just willing to parrot what people are saying about Sewell? Have you watched him play?

Because statistically he's worse than Jake Long was coming out of college.

I like FINSIDED'S choices.......

1A: Sewell

1B: Harris

To me, theres a few great choices at 1A and anytime people are talking about a generational talent like sewell is labeled, you have take it unless you already have one at the position.

SEWELL on tua's blind side.
JACKSON stays at rt.
HUNT slides over to rg.
KINDLEY takes the lg spot where he belongs.
KARRAS actually had a very good year, played every snap.

Pretty killer line i say. And of course, i LOVE the harris choice at 1B.

I love draft season!!!!

Elite players. If its Sewell......take him at 3.

Trade down from 3 to 4 or 5........trade up from 18 to 10. Try to come out of the first round with Sewell and Chase/Smith.

Draft RB and pass rushers in round 2.

Elite players. If its Sewell......take him at 3.

Trade down from 3 to 4 or 5........trade up from 18 to 10. Try to come out of the first round with Sewell and Chase/Smith.

Draft RB and pass rushers in round 2.
It’s definitely a possibility the only problem with that is if you trade up from 18 to 10 you’re more than likely losing 1 of those 2nd rounders and I don’t want to do that. I’d rather have more swings at the board than throw all my eggs in 1 or 2 baskets. But the FO could very well feel like that’s the answer and if they do I’ll roll with them.

And you're just willing to parrot what people are saying about Sewell? Have you watched him play?

Because statistically he's worse than Jake Long was coming out of college
I don't parrot anybody. I've been a fan of his and have said so on here back to start of last year. I watch the Pac-12 more than any conf and watch Oregon plenty. He's talented player with a mean streak. And so what his stats are worse than Jake Long's. Long was pretty damn great coming out of Michigan.

Last edited:
Give me Smith at 1a

Give me Surtain at 1b (trade up with 2b).

And I’m not even a Tide fan.

Grier is cornfed born and raised. He’s from the thought process of build lines and just fill in skill guys however you can. That works great when you have TOM F Brady.

I want the sexy pick at 1A. Get some freaking skill guys and load up on them. But Grier will take Sewell because he can’t help himself. Cornfed after cornfed.

Grier is cornfed born and raised. He’s from the thought process of build lines and just fill in skill guys however you can. That works great when you have TOM F Brady.

I want the sexy pick at 1A. Get some freaking skill guys and load up on them. But Grier will take Sewell because he can’t help himself. Cornfed after cornfed.
Grier?
I thought Flo has major input, and Grier will run by Flo first.
Plus, Grier loves wheel and deal.

I don't parrot anybody. I've been a fan of his and have said so on here back to start of last year. I watch the Pac-12 more than any conf and watch Oregon plenty. He's talented player with a mean streak. And so what his stats are worse than Jake Long's. Long was pretty damn great coming out of Michigan.
Sewell is good but he’s far from top five best tackle prospects of past ten years. Are we really gonna go get another o lineman at 3? For the love of god make the cornfed trend end. We just took first four cornfed in 2019 draft and 7 of first ten cornfed in 2020. We haven’t drafted a skill player with any skill since Nam. GET SOME WEAPONS

Grier?
I thought Flo has major input, and Grier will run by Flo first.
Plus, Grier loves wheel and deal.
Sure he runs by Flo. And Flo is from the same cloth. CORNFED

Grier and Flo. Flo and Grier. Finkle and Einhorn.

That would be the worst course I could imagine.

I know Flo likes his DBs, but at some point, common sense has to prevail.

Personally, I think the best thing is to trade out of #3.

My preference is Parsons, who I believe will not go before 8, at the earliest.

I don't have a big problem taking Sewell at 3, but it's too high for a WR.
Why is it too high when nearly every draft board will have Smith in their top five. And Chase not far behind. Get your guy.

Sure he runs by Flo. And Flo is from the same cloth. CORNFED

Grier and Flo. Flo and Grier. Finkle and Einhorn.
That’s how you build a team. You build it from the inside out not the outside in. I’m with you that we need weapons. I just think at 3 you can’t risk going WR that high. If we get stuck at 3 Sewell has to be the pick assuming the Jets don’t take him. Their is just way to much value their to pass on him. And he is certainly in the top 5 of OT prospects of the last 10 years and may well be the highest graded of them all. He’s legit and even if he never reaches his maximum potential his floor is so high that at minimum he’s a 2nd contract player.

That’s how you build a team. You build it from the inside out not the outside in. I’m with you that we need weapons. I just think at 3 you can’t risk going WR that high. If we get stuck at 3 Sewell has to be the pick assuming the Jets don’t take him. Their is just way to much value their to pass on him. And he is certainly in the top 5 of OT prospects of the last 10 years and may well be the highest graded of them all. He’s legit and even if he never reaches his maximum potential his floor is so high that at minimum he’s a 2nd contract player.
Yes you build it inside out. But every year? Year after year? This is the Grier trend. He’s never done building inside because outside guys can just be filled in.
But that’s the mindset of 1990 New York Giants. It’s not today’s NFL that is geared to score and set up to allow more scoring. I’m tired of year after year of offensive suckage in first half of season and first half of games only to find offense in second halves of both. We absolutely must get weapons. Smith will be top 5 on every draft board so going w him at 3 is not a reach.

Back
Top Bottom