First Round Combo | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Combo

I want a trade down from 3 like a ton of posters here do. If we can’t get the compensation we want we have to take Sewell. That dude just erases people from plays. The more I watch him.....The more impressed I am. As for 1B..... We have to take the best receiver at 18. We need wide outs like Adam Gase needs a job.
That’s just it. You cannot turn down certain offers. If it doesn’t make sense and you have to stay at 3, fine but I’m sure they’ll get sweet offers to move to around 8.

Why would have a problem taking a WR at 3??? Great WRs are proven they are a must in this league. And D Smith is the guy who will pay off
People are hanging Tua out to dry after one season and he was at 5. In order for him to be successful he is dependent on others (OC, WR, OL, etc.). Smiths production would be completely dependent on Tua, dependent on those others mentioned.

Lambs would be out to slaughter here if Tua and Smith weren't lights out all year. The fanbase here (wrongly) will not accept anything other than glory in the first year. That first round better hit or fvck it, burn the house down and do it over next year.

Facepalm.

Although don't get me wrong, would love to see Smith making Alabama South a thing. Harris, Tua, Smith.... yep yep yep!

Hes way more like Reggie Wayne. He's got a solid route tree but people really undersell his speed. He's faster than he will time, but he'll still time 4.4x

People saying Smith isn’t a speed guy are going to be surprised at the combine. He’s very fast. No one burns NFL corners like they did in College but comparing his athleticism to Parker is way off base in my view. I like Parker’s skill set but Smith is so much more elusive and explosive. I actually see no comparison.

Parker ran a 4.45 at the combine. Smith ran an unofficial 4.50 at Alabama. Scouts are expecting him to run a low 4.5 with a potential to sneak in a high 4.4 at the combine. They are very similar in terms of athleticism although I would assume Smith will test higher in the agility areas due to his height and weight. As I mentioned, skill set wise you really can’t compare the two. People forget Parker was taken 11th; he was considered an extremely talented prospect.

Hes way more like Reggie Wayne. He's got a solid route tree but people really undersell his speed. He's faster than he will time, but he'll still time 4.4x
I would compare him to Clayton.
Not combine fast, but always open, can run sideline and also dig to middle, and can consistently catch 15-25 yds pass.

Knowing how much Flo wants to run the ball, Sewell might be the pick if he’s there. Still prefer Smitty.

Trade down (5-9 range), pick up 2021 2 + additional 2022 draft capital

1a: WR DeVonta Smith
1b: OT Christian Darrisaw

I like Creed
But imagine Sewell LT Kindley LG Humphrey C Hunt RG Ramzcyk RT

Focus on a trade with the Saints the worst team in cap hell and it's very, very possible.....cause I think the Saint are going to have to move him... (25 and one of best RT in the league) Now this would make up for a 20 year 2 decade neglect IMO

I'd be shocked if Creed goes in the first round.

Some good centers in this draft though.... Myers, the Bama kid who is injured, etc. I think 2b/3 is the range for a center. If I'm taking an OL earlier it's going to be a guard (Davis, Vera-Tucker) or a tackle (Darrisaw, Leatherwood, Cosmi, Mayfield, etc.)

Knowing how much Flo wants to run the ball, Sewell might be the pick if he’s there. Still prefer Smitty.
He wants to run because of our wr situation. A good coach taylor his philosophy according to personnel. Shula switch from run to pass as soon as he got Marino and Marks bro.

I think Flo is more into franchise qb, thus getting Tua the weapons he needs.

Id take sewell, and trade up to take a WR. That would be the ideal move.

People are hanging Tua out to dry after one season and he was at 5. In order for him to be successful he is dependent on others (OC, WR, OL, etc.). Smiths production would be completely dependent on Tua, dependent on those others mentioned.

Lambs would be out to slaughter here if Tua and Smith weren't lights out all year. The fanbase here (wrongly) will not accept anything other than glory in the first year. That first round better hit or fvck it, burn the house down and do it over next year.

Facepalm.

Although don't get me wrong, would love to see Smith making Alabama South a thing. Harris, Tua, Smith.... yep yep yep!
I said something in another thread and I’ll say it here. I bet if we dont do anything at all this offseason to improve the offense, just Gailey designing the playbook around Tua’s strengths, but not adding any new weapons, I bet Tua will still be a much improved QB and be able to move the offense the way Fitz did but less mistakes. His problem is being thrown to the wolves with no weapons and not having 17 years experience like Fitz has, Tua’s problem was just a lack of confidence being only 10 games in. Now, we’d still have our problems on offense because a lack of playmakers but you’d see a much different QB in Tua. It’s confidence and play design

Great point! A lot of us forget that.
This is definitely a great point. FA will come before the draft. I’m looking at three guys at WR in free agency. Allen Robinson Chris Godwin and Juju Smith-Schuster. I prefer Godwin bc he seems to be the most well rounded of the three. He doesn’t show elite traits at any one thing but he does everything well. However Allen Robinson has had nothing but scrubs at QB his entire career and has continually produced. So I would be willing to spend the money on one of those guys.

Now at tailback Aaron Jones is really the only guy that I think makes a difference but he’s going to command a decently high contract and I’m not feeling super great about dishing out the big bucks to 27-28 year old backs so this would be a pass for me as I would rather just draft our new tailback. It’s a much cheaper and safer route to go.

Im sure we’ll fill in some role players through FA but other than one of those 3 WR I don’t think Miami will spend the big bucks and they shouldn’t. But even with signing one of the 3 WRs we still have to draft 1 and I would prefer 2. 1 in round 1 and 1 in round 2 is the best approach I believe.

Perfect world, i'm trading down with Bengals so they can come up to get Sewell. Costs them their 2nd.

Then Draft

1a (5) Smith (WR)
1b (18) Collins (LB)
2a (35) Harris (RB)
2b (37) Meyers (OC)
2c (50) Moehrig (S)

Back
Top Bottom