• Charles Cross OT MSU

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Nakobe Dean MLB Georgia

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Matt Corral QB Ole Miss

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sometimes you'll see advanced OT's try to bait the pass rusher by flashing a hand up toward the face of their opponent to get the pass rusher to prematurely go into his move sooner than he really wants to, so the OT can then counter. That's what Cross was doing to Tre Williams when CK was describing what he was seeing.

It's an old bait and switch tactic.

Pass rushers succeed when they're able to sync their hands and feet together during whatever their chosen pass rush move is. When you force a rusher to throw his hands too soon, it screws up the sync of his hands and feet, and typically results in a secured block. The critical element in the conversion of speed to power is thwarted.

I voted Nakobe Dean. We haven't had true inside talent since Dansby and Zach. Enough with drafting high picks on the line. Add quality experienced vets at the book-end tackle spots.

Yes we need tackles, but I think it's past time to bring in 2 quality veteran tackles. I would be content with over$pending on Armstead, $20M+. Ja'Waun James, a year off recovering from the Broncos shaft, would change this line immensely. James would be a cap gamble. 12 per should work. Line would be changed. Position coaching changes need to be made first and foremost after the seasons completion.

Eich cannot play tackle with those heavy feet. That isn't a knock on him,, but a reality, he will do well in the phonebooth due to his limited footwork ability. He was a LG day one for a reason. I thought he played it very well minus the trip in preseason that looked awful gettingpancaked into Tua. Of course after half the season we have memories of too many bad play results from Eich's AOR. He is sadly so out of position. I hope he isn't ruined due to the teams necessities....but that's the way it goes.

This Reiter guy seems competent and tough. I would love to see Kindley go to center considering he is the 2nd worst pass blocking guard I've ever seen. Dallas will always take the cake. Poor little Dallas Thomas and Jonathan Martin pair, ugh. Sorry about that, it's just my ptsd. šŸ˜† Hunt is our most talented and most physically talented lineman playing the position generally given to the least athletic guys. When we get veterans with Hunt and Eich on the inside we will pass protect efficiently providing the "pocket" for our pocket passer.

The team will be completely changed with veteran leadership on our offensive line.
I think an enforcer in the middle is what this defense needs. Dean could be that guy.

As always, depends what is actually available in free agency but like your plan there.

Sometimes you'll see advanced OT's try to bait the pass rusher by flashing a hand up toward the face of their opponent to get the pass rusher to prematurely go into his move sooner than he really wants to, so the OT can then counter. That's what Cross was doing to Tre Williams when CK was describing what he was seeing.

It's an old bait and switch tactic.

Pass rushers succeed when they're able to sync their hands and feet together during whatever their chosen pass rush move is. When you force a rusher to throw his hands too soon, it screws up the sync of his hands and feet, and typically results in a secured block. The critical element in the conversion of speed to power is thwarted.

Thanks for the color.

Seems pretty goddamn savvy for a college player, IMO.

If Miami is picking 12-15 range I like Jermaine Johnson. Yes he's a Nole via UGA. The kid has been an absolute beast this year. If Not him maybe a George Karlaftis. I don't want to go offensive line as I think the youth on the line is part of the problem. I'd like to see them add a vet to two for the line.

Unless a top OLman falls, I think you're right. I think MIA will look for a couple of FA OLmen and go with them Deiter, Hunt, and whoever they think shows the best.
Not to state the obvious, but it depends on who is signed as FA. Personally, I'm more interested in positions than names. For now, that's OL, LB, RB, WR

Unless a top OLman falls, I think you're right. I think MIA will look for a couple of FA OLmen and go with them Deiter, Hunt, and whoever they think shows the best.
Not to state the obvious, but it depends on who is signed as FA. Personally, I'm more interested in positions than names. For now, that's OL, LB, RB, WR
Agree with your list.

Right now the FA options look really good on the offensive line. But we know how that goes. Could be slim pickings when all is said and done. If one is available, the competition will be tough.

Probably will have a few options at guard, but may have to draft a tackle.

I do hope Miami signs Ogbah because he's a good player and a proven fit. Also, it would open up a big need for a pass rusher.

Of the choices available, I chose Dean.

I picked Aidan Hutchinson in the second round often when playing the mock draft games this last draft, and I'd love to get him this next draft, if he's there. No way Thibodeaux will be there, with the Niners being 5-5 now.

The way the Niners are playing Cross will not be available. Where is Jameson Williams going to land?

Back
Top Bottom