Fitzpatrick shocked at benching | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick shocked at benching

All of the arguments about this are silly. The Dolphins made a major investment in Tua. As a business, with NO emotion, you have to find out what you have with him, mostly in part due to the fact that your draft capital this Sprng is all-time high. If a mistake was made, let's find out now. As much as everyone (including me) loves Fitz, he is not the future in any conversation. This transition came earlier than Flores or anyone wanted, mainly due to the bye week changing. Also, Tua is going to make mistakes and at times look bad, I'm sure. You have to give him these 10 games, provided healthy, to plan out your 2021 draft and know what you're working with. The whole concept of the OL not being good enough yet is tired. The idea that Fitz is getting rid of the ball in record time didn't come up until yesterday. Most of his sacks have been coverage sacks. IMO, the only reason people are genuinely surprised is because Flores 2 weeks ago was making it sound like he's a health risk. I'm not certain Flo handled this all that well, but bottom line, this is a business move, and it has to happen. I completely get it and support it.

All of the arguments about this are silly. The Dolphins made a major investment in Tua. As a business, with NO emotion, you have to find out what you have with him, mostly in part due to the fact that your draft capital this Sprng is all-time high. If a mistake was made, let's find out now. As much as everyone (including me) loves Fitz, he is not the future in any conversation. This transition came earlier than Flores or anyone wanted, mainly due to the bye week changing. Also, Tua is going to make mistakes and at times look bad, I'm sure. You have to give him these 10 games, provided healthy, to plan out your 2021 draft and know what you're working with. The whole concept of the OL not being good enough yet is tired. The idea that Fitz is getting rid of the ball in record time didn't come up until yesterday. Most of his sacks have been coverage sacks. IMO, the only reason people are genuinely surprised is because Flores 2 weeks ago was making it sound like he's a health risk. I'm not certain Flo handled this all that well, but bottom line, this is a business move, and it has to happen. I completely get it and support it.
Great post. And BF fooled us. He def learns from BB. RF was due for a very bad game. BF stopped that and got away w a win this past Sunday

Wow I thought he was in it all a long
Hopefully this will not be a problem
More pressure on tua

If the citations are accurate reflections of RF's attitude, there are two levels to reaction.
One is the instantaneous reaction. The human emotion reaction. The second is the had-time-to-reflect reaction. I think when RF has time to reflect and get through the emotions he'll be the RF all of us expected. Helpful, encouraging, supportive. Fans need to let the guy be human

Love the guy. I feel like we should have stuck with him until he single-handedly lost a game for us. He has been having one of the best seasons of his career. Any competitor would feel what he's feeling. He's a class act. His team loves and supports him - no question. I look forward to seeing what Tua brings to the table, but I don't understand the timing. It could be Ross. Who knows? But as much as we want to see Tua play, Fitz has earned the right to continue to be the starter. Especially against a tough opponent when we desperately need the home win to get us squarely back in the playoff hunt. I'm not mad about the decision. But I do feel for Fitz and understand his anguish. He's been great and everyone around him wants to play hard for him. This team hasn't seen that in a very long time. Don't get me wrong, I think the guys will step it up for our young QB, but there has to be a sense of let down with them too.

This team needs to move forward. Nice story last year, actually nearly cost us any chance for a qb. But Fitzpatrick is like a .390 qb. You move away from that as fast as possible.
Dude yes I would have played Rosen yes his play was "balls to the wall house money who cares" nearly cost us a shot at Tua, but he isnt digesting defenses at this stage any more now than as a young pup and very little to offer Tua on the field who is a much more cerebral player

He has lots to offer Tua personally but they are not the same player they don't see the field the same

Fitz has every right to to VENT and he needs to decompress but WHY in front of the MEDIA making the FO look like jerks and all???

And I do wish he didn't go in front of a mic to vent because frankly he came off as a pathetic pissy spoiled athlete (I can appreciate that every athlete thinks they haven't lost it and thinks he has that much more left in the tank)

I am not worried that he might ask for a trade if he is going to derail the team's focus

Love the guy. I feel like we should have stuck with him until he single-handedly lost a game for us. He has been having one of the best seasons of his career. Any competitor would feel what he's feeling. He's a class act. His team loves and supports him - no question. I look forward to seeing what Tua brings to the table, but I don't understand the timing. It could be Ross. Who knows? But as much as we want to see Tua play, Fitz has earned the right to continue to be the starter. Especially against a tough opponent when we desperately need the home win to get us squarely back in the playoff hunt. I'm not mad about the decision. But I do feel for Fitz and understand his anguish. He's been great and everyone around him wants to play hard for him. This team hasn't seen that in a very long time. Don't get me wrong, I think the guys will step it up for our young QB, but there has to be a sense of let down with them too.
i think you are in for a big surprise Nov 1

Love the guy. I feel like we should have stuck with him until he single-handedly lost a game for us.

It's not about that. It hit him. He is wondering if he will ever find a team to play for again, to play the game again. The reality of imminent retirement hit him, and he was not ready for that.

Back
Top Bottom