Fitzpatrick shocked at benching | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick shocked at benching

All of the arguments about this are silly. The Dolphins made a major investment in Tua. As a business, with NO emotion, you have to find out what you have with him, mostly in part due to the fact that your draft capital this Sprng is all-time high. If a mistake was made, let's find out now. As much as everyone (including me) loves Fitz, he is not the future in any conversation. This transition came earlier than Flores or anyone wanted, mainly due to the bye week changing. Also, Tua is going to make mistakes and at times look bad, I'm sure. You have to give him these 10 games, provided healthy, to plan out your 2021 draft and know what you're working with. The whole concept of the OL not being good enough yet is tired. The idea that Fitz is getting rid of the ball in record time didn't come up until yesterday. Most of his sacks have been coverage sacks. IMO, the only reason people are genuinely surprised is because Flores 2 weeks ago was making it sound like he's a health risk. I'm not certain Flo handled this all that well, but bottom line, this is a business move, and it has to happen. I completely get it and support it.
I actually believe the long pause from Flo was because he wanted Tua in sooner but they had made a commitment to Fitz as a FO

Definitely feel for Fitz. Excited to see Tua play, but it is not the right time and from what I'm hearing, not the right way to make this change. Player's trust is extremely important.

Love the guy. I feel like we should have stuck with him until he single-handedly lost a game for us. He has been having one of the best seasons of his career. Any competitor would feel what he's feeling. He's a class act. His team loves and supports him - no question. I look forward to seeing what Tua brings to the table, but I don't understand the timing. It could be Ross. Who knows? But as much as we want to see Tua play, Fitz has earned the right to continue to be the starter. Especially against a tough opponent when we desperately need the home win to get us squarely back in the playoff hunt. I'm not mad about the decision. But I do feel for Fitz and understand his anguish. He's been great and everyone around him wants to play hard for him. This team hasn't seen that in a very long time. Don't get me wrong, I think the guys will step it up for our young QB, but there has to be a sense of let down with them too.
You think Miami had that sort of room to wait until we lost a game? I think Mia wanted to do the opposite. They saw that train coming fast.

i think you are in for a big surprise Nov 1
How is that? I didn't say Tua was going to suck against the Rams. I expect a win regardless. I just think the timing of the switch is weird. That said, if we don't win another game, we have to see what our future holds with the kid. I hope he propels this team with his youthful energy and skill set. Most of all, I hope we can keep him healthy so he has the opportunity to do that.

Miami (Flo) needs to do a presser w/Fitz included and put this crap to bed!

I can't imagine Flo did this without "clearing the terrain" with Fitz first!?

Seems weird to me...

How is that? I didn't say Tua was going to suck against the Rams. I expect a win regardless. I just think the timing of the switch is weird. That said, if we don't win another game, we have to see what our future holds with the kid. I hope he propels this team with his youthful energy and skill set. Most of all, I hope we can keep him healthy so he has the opportunity to do that.
You are going to see a new kind of enthusiasm -> Fitz liked to call his own number make things happen he was like I say a one read QB and then run for space or gamble with the pass -> Tua will distribute the ball in a manner we haven't seen in 20 + years and that is why he was elevated ting that

I will put it this way Fitz likes hero ball he likes to carry the rock -> Tua didn't play hero ball in College his big knock was holding onto the ball too long because he was trying for large chunk plays

We drafted Tua 5 and how many linemen? There was a paradigm shift in thinking. Isnt everyone tired of reacting too late? Keep your eyes out for 2021 all

TIme to trade him. He's served his purpose.

No need for his jealousy and ego to denigrate the team and franchise QB. See ya, bud.

Did I also hear BF didnt address the team about the change before it was all over the news? That right there could add bad chemistry especially to the guys really behind Fitz

Back
Top Bottom