Fitzpatrick will be our starter in 2021 also | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick will be our starter in 2021 also

If your Plan A is contingent on Fitzpatrick leading the Dolphins on a deep playoff run— something that the team hasn’t done since 1992— you really need a Plan B.

You actually think Fitzpatrick can put together back to back good games? Lol don’t be surprised if he stinks it up vs the Jets to follow up his near perfect game vs San Francisco.

If he continues to play this way and we make a deep run into the playoffs, it would be very hard to justify starting tua next year. Let him sit like rogers. That turned out well
This is what happens when you eat the worm.

so how im thinking it.....

Deep playoff run or superbowl loss we gotta bring back the Fitzmagic. I know hes a FA but we MAY have to Franchise him to make sure that someone like the Colts dont snatch him away from us.

If we win the Super Bowl i think Fitz goes ahead and retires at the high point of his career.

Alot of people are still worried about Tua's hip. well whats better than one year of not getting contact on it....thats right TWO!

AS far as the Rodgers/Favre, Tua/Fitz comparisons, they are friggin absurd....I'ma project out the rest of Fitz season using average and you tell me which is the better QB to learn behind...

QB A) 61 comp % , 3900 yards, 20 TD, 29 INT, 71 Rating
B) 71 comp %, 4300 yards, 22 TD, 16 INT, 95 Rating

Thats not apples to apples. Thats apples to the BEARD. In fact Rodgers 2nd season sitting behind Favre, Favre was only marginally better. Alex Smith was amazing the year Pat road the bench behind him.

So what im thinking, to try to prevent us from having to use the tag on Fitz after the season, we should probably just try to sign him to a contract similiar to what TanneGoat got, 4 years, 118 mil. we can probably do a little less guaranteed due to his age. might be smarter to go 3/90 that way we can see tua in his 5th year before he become an UFA

I actually think you have a very good point. I will never understand the hate that Fitzpatrick gets from "Dolphins fans". Fitz struggles early were way more to do with a young team figuring out how to play together (lots of new moving parts/no preseason). I personally would love to see Fitz lead this team next year. Let Tua sit and learn. Y'all are so impatient. (Reminds me of Joe Philbin)
Contracts can be extended... It's a thing you know
Fitz struggles throughout his entire career have fallen mostly on himself. I like Fitz as a player and even better as a person from everything I've seen and heard, but his problem has always been inconsistency and sporadic accuracy.

Well, I can't see that. Fitzpatrick has had two amazing games in the last three outings. But he really didn't give Miami a chance to win against New England or Seattle. His two interceptions against the Seahawks were really the difference in the game. The top quarterbacks give you a chance every week. That has never been the case with Fitzpatrick.

I love watching Fitzpatrick. He is growing into one of my favorite Dolphin players of all-time. Love his team approach, his effort and even his gunslinger mentally (which is both a strength and a weakness). But I really doubt he starts next year.

I'm fine with this. Because the only way that's happening is if we are the defending Super Bowl champions in 2021.

Tua will be the starter next year no matter what Fitz accomplishes this year.

BUT.....I wouldn't mind seeing Fitz make a deep run into the playoffs. LOL, that would be so much fun to watch!!

If he continues to play this way and we make a deep run into the playoffs, it would be very hard to justify starting tua next year. Let him sit like rogers. That turned out well

There is a process that is being followed, a process that Fitz is very aware of, and not only is it doubtful Tua will be riding the pine in 2021, but it will be amazing if Tua does not see the field some time this year.

Even Fitz admitted Tua can make throws he could not ever fathom to ever accomplish.

The end game is to get a Tua with the Fitz experience in the games eventually.

I will agree that 1st and foremost, Miami's plans are to win each week...reach the playoffs...get in the Superbowl...Win the Superbowl, so if Fitz starts picking up steam, and Miami starts winning each week, then maybe the Tua project is delayed until next year, but Tua will be there attempting to start in 2021.

I don’t like him cos he’s been playing ever since the NFL started and has never been to a playoff. Says it all for me, but he’s played for our enemies, I’m quite tribal. I want my new franchise QB who is unsullied by the jests to be playing next season. new start and new young QB starting his long journey to reach somewhere near the heights DM13 did. It’s a personal opinion that’s all

I actually think you have a very good point. I will never understand the hate that Fitzpatrick gets from "Dolphins fans". Fitz struggles early were way more to do with a young team figuring out how to play together (lots of new moving parts/no preseason). I personally would love to see Fitz lead this team next year. Let Tua sit and learn. Y'all are so impatient. (Reminds me of Joe Philbin)
Contracts can be extended... It's a thing you know
A voice of reason

Back
Top Bottom