Flores Backs Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Backs Tua

This is one of those 'dog bites man' stories.

Coaches will automatically defend the rookie QB that they had a hand in drafting... every time. It's a CYA move...

That said, it isn't unreasonable; it's just that it doesn't reveal a thing.
Or it can mean they actually really believe in him. :rolleyes:

absolutely can. But they still gonna cover their *** knowing how much top pick qbs influence job security shelf life
Yeah, I get that, but what I don't get is what has Tua done to garner so much negativity to the point that this regime would be bailing on him or not supporting him? It's their job to develop him also. Not every QB comes into the league and lights it up in their rookie season especially on a team void of skill position players and with an offensive scheme that wasn't tailored to his strengths. I think that's why Gailey is no longer there. They realize they have to do everything possible to give Tua the best opportunity to succeed. This organization can't afford to make the same mistakes it made when they were trying to develop Tannehill.

This article seems to be recycling the presser that Grier and Coach Flo did, where Grier named Tua the starter and Coach Flo did not say anything definitive. IMHO, that's the perfect way to play it, because if Coach Flo decides without competition, it undermines his statement to the locker room that we would play the best player. But with Grier saying it ... the locker room doesn't care, but Tua gets a vote of confidence. In reality, I can't see Fitz coming back, so even if there is competition, Tua's likely to be the clear cut winner.

Teams hearing Grier say that will wonder if he's intentionally sending out disinformation like he has in the past, and that we secretly want a QB, so the trade value for our #3 overall pick remains high. Ultimately, I doubt we draft a QB or trade for a QB, and that #3 pick will best be served trading back, so what Grier and Coach Flo are doing seems to be the perfect thing right now. It does not change my opinion of the situation, and it doesn't really do anything but benefit the Dolphins in the long run. Well played Grier and Coach Flo.
You are very astute in your thought process. What if this is exactly what Grier wanted. A disinformation campaign to confuse the other teams, just like he did the prior 2 seasons. All great points you've made in your post.

I got to hand it to those in the F/O for being so far ahead of everyone else. Starting it this early is masterful. If its all true and part of their plan.

Yeah, I get that, but what I don't get is what has Tua done to garner so much negativity to the point that this regime would be bailing on him or not supporting him? It's their job to develop him also. Not every QB comes into the league and lights it up in their rookie season especially on a team void of skill position players and with an offensive scheme that wasn't tailored to his strengths. I think that's why Gailey is no longer there. They realize they have to do everything possible to give Tua the best opportunity to succeed. This organization can't afford to make the same mistakes it made when they were trying to develop Tannehill.

I’m 💯 with ya

but don’t back door us with some fitz resign either

cause that undermines tua from the get go

I’m 💯 with ya

but don’t back door us with some fitz resign either

cause that undermines tua from the get go
Only if Flores is tempted to turn to Fitzpatrick anytime Tua shows signs of struggling. If I had a 100% guarantee that Flores would not put Fitz in the game unless Tua went down with an injury, then I would love the idea of having Fitzpatrick back because I think Tua and Fitz seem to genuinely like each other and Tua really seemed to lean on him during games. But if Flores is tempted by Fitzpatrick in any way then I'm with you. I wouldn't want any part of him being back next year.

I don’t like this cause I don’t think any of those guys were running as nuetered qb ask offenses as Miami did with tua.

I mean we by and large ran an offense that was qb for dummies minus the empty sets stuff. Which the results were largely uneven with tua in.

cam Newton’s legs murdered folks from the get go primary lead back calls with him as the lead back even. Just a physical marvel.

maybe the Jets with darnold ran something that simple I kinda doubt it. I can’t recall any rookie pocket qb running as simple an ask as Miami ran with tua this year.

ive tried I can’t unless it was a zone read ideal fit qb. Sure can’t recall a pocket one

Or it can mean they actually really believe in him. :rolleyes:
Could be, but there is a thing called 'motivated reasoning'... you see it a lot when dealing with conspiracy theorists and religious fundamentalists... they will bend over backwards to find any reason, no matter how thin, to defend their beliefs.

Look it up.

Could be, but there is a thing called 'motivated reasoning'... you see it a lot when dealing with conspiracy theorists and religious fundamentalists... they will bend over backwards to find any reason, no matter how thin, to defend their beliefs.

Look it up.
So you would prefer to believe the more convoluted reason why Flores would say he backs Tua instead of the more likely reason that he truly believes in the kid?

So you would prefer to believe the more convoluted reason why Flores would say he backs Tua instead of the more likely reason that he truly believes in the kid?
No actually... I basically said that he might believe it, but his statement was worthless because all coaches defend the guy their career rests upon.

It is called nuance. You might want to look that up too.

You are very astute in your thought process. What if this is exactly what Grier wanted. A disinformation campaign to confuse the other teams, just like he did the prior 2 seasons. All great points you've made in your post.

I got to hand it to those in the F/O for being so far ahead of everyone else. Starting it this early is masterful. If its all true and part of their plan.
Thanks brother! Yeah, Grier impressed me with two things he did last draft cycle that don't even really show up in the actual draft.

1) Grier used his poker face WELL!!! We see the same thing in Coach Flo's injury reports, and while tough on us news-junkies, it really is a value-add.

2) Grier moved up and down the draft board adeptly identifying places where value met our specific needs and the desires of the Coaching Staff. You could tell Coach Flo was happy about the physical OL like Solomon Kindley, and getting the Coach players that can play his style is extremely important. So Grier being able to get value AND need AND in the style the Coach wants is really impressive. Some GM's can't wheel and deal to make the moves, others don't identify the tiers of value properly, and many cannot get the Coaches the skill sets and styles they require. From our standpoint, it just seems neat that all of the players seem to fit our style nicely and the coaches can improve their games. But that's all a big complement to Grier & Co. for getting all of those little things right.

This is non news. Of course Flores is going to back his young QB. He could as easily trade him tomorrow and I wouldn’t be shocked.

Back
Top Bottom