Flores Backs Tua | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores Backs Tua

You shouldn't have to state the obvious.

Would Frank Vogel have to say "Lebron is our guy"?

Also, addressing baseless claims or giving credibility to the media only weakens a coach's position of authority.

If Flo truly needed to give Tua a vote of confidence, someone must be doubting.

The only people who want the Dolphins to draft another QB this year or trade Tua are the same people who didn’t want the Dolphins to draft Tua to begin with. Grier and Flores wanted Tua and they aren’t going to be looking for another QB after Tua only started for half a season. So all the anti Tua
individuals need to accept Tua is going to be the Dolphins QB next year and for several years to come or just look for another team to root for.

Maybe just me being a tad rational but I don't take anything Flo said as some kind of glowing endorsement. Certainly there are qualifiers (if..) included along with the clear assessment it was a mixed bag ("some good some bad").

Seriously beyond that it would be coaching malpractice to make any definitive statements based on what he is clearly defining as a work in progress. No big affirmations there as far as I can see -- and truly none deserved.

It's a performance based business and we need way better (consistent) performance from the QB position if this team is going to legitimately challenge for anything significant.

Last the fact he addressed this subject tells me there's more to it than just some made up story. Time will tell...

The only people who want the Dolphins to draft another QB this year or trade Tua are the same people who didn’t want the Dolphins to draft Tua to begin with. Grier and Flores wanted Tua and they aren’t going to be looking for another QB after Tua only started for half a season. So all the anti Tua
individuals need to accept Tua is going to be the Dolphins QB next year and for several years to come or just look for another team to root for.
True that..but ..you know..stupid people will be stupid people....it's kind of in the name...lol

My take on these votes if confidence from Grier and Flores is they now realize that Tua's confidence was shot by the Buffalo game. Now they are trying to pump him up. Pulling him twice and not starting him once when he had the minor injury didn't help but the real problem was the handcuffs put on him by I suppose Gailey who took the fall.

If Tua flops Flores' faith in him might...no, SHOULD cost him his job.

He needs to be sure that Tua can improve to be a QB worthy of the #5 overall pick. Tua shouldn't get Tannehill time here, or anywhere close to it, in order to be a QB that can win playoff games without having EVERYTHING people say he needs (WR's, RB's, O-line, OC).

If Tua flops Flores' faith in him might...no, SHOULD cost him his job.

He needs to be sure that Tua can improve to be a QB worthy of the #5 overall pick. Tua shouldn't get Tannehill time here, or anywhere close to it, in order to be a QB that can win playoff games without having EVERYTHING people say he needs (WR's, RB's, O-line, OC).
Are you saying Tua should win games without any help at all?

I still don't understand why this is such a hot topic.

Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning bombed their first year in the league. Interceptions and losses galore.

Other QB's Aaron Rodgers, Mahonnes, etc. didn't even play their first year.

Why is Tua expected to be Marino his first year when most QB's take a year or two to "get it"?

Did Justin Herbert ball out?…Yeah...I guess his stats were good, but his W's were few and far in between.

Only Dan the Man threw for tons of yards his first year AND won…that's too high of a standard for any rookie QB to be held to.

No...

He's shown that he can't do that consistently enough to matter...

What' I'm saying is in year 3/4, Tua has all his WR's, RB's, 1st round picks all along the o-line...8-8, 9-7, even 10-6 isn't what I imagined when we drafted him and the bar shouldn't be lowered to make that acceptable.

Now focus a question on Flores...

We've gotten Tua out of the way.

Dan's rookie year...Nat Moore,Durial Harris,young Duper,and I think a rookie eighth rounder by the name of Mark Clayton,Tony Nathan out of the backfield...
Joe Rose and Bruce Hardy at Tight end...
Dan was God with a football....but you still need weapons,not scrubs..

yes i was one of them and looks like we were correct

lol Tua made those who didnt want to draft him look real bad.

Back
Top Bottom