Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

Yes. What I found interesting is that half of NEXT year's salary is also guaranteed in the event of an injury. I'm curious when that kicks in.
Interesting...

So many angles possible right now, that being a consideration, from X's standpoint.

I'm honestly on the fence about it. I understand both sides of the disagreement.

Another thing to consider is that this MIGHT be a good thing for Miami to do as well. If Howard decides to play this season under his contract and balls out AGAIN, what then? Then Howard literally walks into camp in 2022 with only $1.4mm guaranteed. How do we think that's gonna play out?

If the two sides can come together and agree to $8mm and $6mm guaranteed for 2022 and 2023, would that really ruffle anyone's feathers?
Wouldn’t really ruffle my feathers, no. I don’t wanna lose him truly

I don't mind him asking for money. With that said, good time to trade him. X for Zach Martin and like a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Don't like the positional value of the trade but I want to build a good offense. Martin would shore up the oline.

The only way you can take a stance of no hold outs, show up and play your contract is to take away the ability for teams to cut players. You can't hold only one party to a contract.

Reactions: A1.
So first you say what he is doing is illegal. You are called out and now you seem to understand its not illegal.
If the NFL isn't fully guaranteeing contracts, either party can renegotiate at any point. The NFL does this by cutting the player. The player does this by holding out.
Nothing illegal or immoral on either side.
He has a legal responsibility to fulfill the contract and you, sadly, are trying to play semantic games.

Pathetic.

I wonder what the NFL would look like if every team traded every player that wanted more money 🤔

lord, I have a feeling this isnt going to go over well, if he plays this year will he half ass it again like he did in 2019? I say trade him now while his market is hot. I thought his market peaked a couple years ago. But after his 2020 season, we could get good value for him.

My thinking is this, elite CB's get traded ALL the time. Elite CB's play on multiple teams throughout their careers. So he is expendable. If we can get a 1st round pick for him then I would do it. If Tua doesnt work out then we have no QB which is a much bigger deal than not having X. If we trade X for a 1st then we would have the most draft captial over the next two years and we could use that to either get Watson/Wilson or trade up for a QB in a future draft. X has given us some good seasons in Miami this may be the best option and would give us a little more insurance if Tua doesn't progress. This staff has shown us they aren't playing around, and if a player isnt playing well enough then they are moving on QUICK, and I like that.

Back
Top Bottom