Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

But teams can renegotiate contracts all the time
Obviously players and teams can attempt to renegotiate a contract at any time. The issue here is that while Howard wants to renegotiate his contract, the Dolphins may not want to renegotiate his contract. In that case Howard either plays under his present contract or sits out the season and receives no money if the Dolphins decide to not trade him.

I'm not even going to bother reading through this thread as I already know 85%+ are going to be mad at Howard for some reason, but easy solution... pay him what he deserves. He can't be considered a top 2 NFL cornerback and not be the highest paid corner on his own team and anybody that doesn't believe that is a corporate shill.

You're never going to be bad because you pay your best players market value. You're bad because you have a bunch of players who suck. Worry about fixing that, not penny pinching the guys who deserve it.
Nothing about his history proves he deserves #1 money. Had he not missed as many games as he has, maybe.

I'm not even going to bother reading through this thread as I already know 85%+ are going to be mad at Howard for some reason, but easy solution... pay him what he deserves. He can't be considered a top 2 NFL cornerback and not be the highest paid corner on his own team and anybody that doesn't believe that is a corporate shill.

You're never going to be bad because you pay your best players market value. You're bad because you have a bunch of players who suck. Worry about fixing that, not penny pinching the guys who deserve it.
so you want him to ask for more money every single year?

agreed with the "let him max his earnings" crowd. but. also agree with sell high crowd. hes at the top of his trade value without a doubt coming off a 10 int season. id love to get back a first in the 2022 draft since we essentially threw one away in the 6 spot trade up with philly.

agreed with the "let him max his earnings" crowd. but. also agree with sell high crowd. hes at the top of his trade value without a doubt coming off a 10 int season. id love to get back a first in the 2022 draft since we essentially threw one away in the 6 spot trade up with philly.
it'd have to be more than a 1st......most likely a first and a second

OK so I'm a bit confused. It says 2.5M of his 2021 salary was fully guaranteed on 3/20/2020, and the remaining 9.75M of his 2021 salary fully guaranteed on 3/19/2021. So at this point, is his 2021 salary fully guaranteed against injury, provided he actually shows and plays, or?

Yes. What I found interesting is that half of NEXT year's salary is also guaranteed in the event of an injury. I'm curious when that kicks in.

He can ask...the team is under no obligation to give him more.
the team should not give him more money after every season. These players needs to stop with their egos.......I can understand if he's underpaid but he's not. How much is enough??

Teams were rumored to be interested before, so I'd expect teams to be interested once again. But for what?

it'd have to be more than a 1st......most likely a first and a second

the team should not give him more money after every season. These players needs to stop with their egos.......I can understand if he's underpaid but he's not. How much is enough??
I don't see it as an ego thing. Howard's value is higher than his current deal and asking for more is fine in my book. The team can say yes or no. As a result there should be 4 options, he gets a new deal, he gets traded, he plays in 2021 for Miami but is unhappy with his deal or he sits out and gets nothing and endures a lot of fines. I really can't see option 4 as a realistic option for either sides.

Not really. He should want a new contract
I have no problem with Howard or any other player in the NFL trying to get as much money as they can get. Yet I also have no problem with the Dolphins or any other team expecting a player under contract to show up and play based on the terms of the contract he signed.

The problem with giving into the demands of a player who had an excellent season yet still has three years left on his contract, is that opens it up for every player under contract who thinks he outplayed his contract the previous year to also hold out and demand the team renegotiate his contract too.

While I would love to see this issue resolved and Howard end up being a Miami Dolphin for several more years. It won’t surprise me at all if they just trade him if they can get compensation that meets their demands. They would then go with Iggy opposite Jones and hope Iggy develops into the player they drafted him to be.

Lol. X provides more value than the greeter at wal mart does. Sucks as a fan but go get the bag son. He’s making history and he’s not even the highest paid corner on his team.

This makes sense, especially with the 2022 draft being loaded at CB.

Back
Top Bottom