Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores not sure Xavien Howard will be at camp.

I'm honestly on the fence about it. I understand both sides of the disagreement.

Another thing to consider is that this MIGHT be a good thing for Miami to do as well. If Howard decides to play this season under his contract and balls out AGAIN, what then? Then Howard literally walks into camp in 2022 with only $1.4mm guaranteed. How do we think that's gonna play out?

If the two sides can come together and agree to $8mm and $6mm guaranteed for 2022 and 2023, would that really ruffle anyone's feathers?
I don’t think there’s any way he’ll play under his current contract, doesn’t look like it’s in the cards.

The one good thing for us and him is he had a career year last year and his value will never be higher. I believe offer him a comfortable bump without falling into a bad contract and he either accepts it Or will be traded and our compensation should be superior.

He has a legal responsibility to fulfill the contract and you, sadly, are trying to play semantic games.

Pathetic.
Well one of us is pathetic.

Your agruement is only the player has a legal responsibility to fulfill the contract. That's pretty pathetic.
Unless you're ready to say the franchise can't cut a contracted player or trade him.

Those are in the trade him camp are hilarious. The head coach runs probably the most man coverage heavy scheme in the league lmao. They are going to renegotiate the deal guaranteed

Well one of us is pathetic.

Your agruement is only the player has a legal responsibility to fulfill the contract. That's pretty pathetic.
Unless you're ready to say the franchise can't cut a contracted player or trade him.
I'm saying that their right to do just that is written into that contract... that he signed.

If he wants to play football... he plays for who holds that contract, but I guess Walmart is hiring.

That's entirely different than a legal responsibility to fulfill it...and I'll bet he could buy most of your local WalMart if he put his mind to it.

I'm saying that their right to do just that is written into that contract... that he signed.
I don't think you understand contracts at all. I'm going to leave it at that with you.
Have a good one, agree to disagree on pretty much everything.

Interesting...

So many angles possible right now, that being a consideration, from X's standpoint.
Actually there aren’t that many angles to his situation.
1) The Dolphins agree to renegotiate and that resolves the issue.
2) The Dolphins refuse to renegotiate and Howard either plays under his present contract or sits out and doesn’t get paid.
3) The Dolphins decide he isn’t worth the aggravation and trade him.

It’s really that simple and we just have see how it turns out.

Miami currently has more money wrapped up at cornerback then any other team in the NFL and Jones and Howard are 3rd and 4th respectively in terms of contract value. I have little sympathy for X here.

Interestingly, I took it to mean the exact opposite. Particularly when he mentioned they're discussing it internally.
Discussing internally could mean they are discussing paying him more money or seeing what they can get for him in a trade. I am sure they had discussions internally before they traded Fitzpatrick and Tunsil.

Back
Top Bottom