Flores: Tua is Our Quarterback | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Flores: Tua is Our Quarterback

I wouldn’t trade Tua for Rogers. But I would understand trading for Rogers and I wouldn’t be irate over it. Watson is a different story.
Thank you for being honest...

Not many people would even give that much...but your Watson disclaimer may help them find their tongues.

Thank you for being honest...

Not many people would even give that much...but your Watson disclaimer may help them find their tongues.
I feel like I get the idea that a Super Bowl is attainable with Rogers. But I don’t feel that way about Watson. Rogers plays like a winner. He’s 7-0 without his best WR. Because he knows how to win. I don’t think Watson is a winner. That doesn’t mean he can’t be a perennial playoff QB. Especially in the right division. But I don’t see him beating top defenses consistently to make a playoff run. I could be wrong. But that’s how I feel.

I don't get what Watson is doing. Won't play for Houston and will only waive his no trade clause for Miami. So the only way he plays in the NFL is for Miami?
Sounds like clearing his name is his larger priority. Don't blame him.

Who trusts Flores at this point ?
Not me...

He's lost me...the season I was ready to step onto solid ground for him he sh*ts the bed.

The drafting of Igbo should have been the warning shot...but NOOOOOO, I thought the guy could play. Hell, for all we really know, he can play. I can't take anything he says about talent seriously anymore.

Not me...

He's lost me...the season I was ready to step onto solid ground for him he sh*ts the bed.

The drafting of Igbo should have been the warning shot...but NOOOOOO, I thought the guy could play. Hell, for all we really know, he can play. I can't take anything he says about talent seriously anymore.
I don’t want to go here with but it hurts

My buddy is a die hard Lions fan and he thinks Tua is a buster. He prefers Goff.
Why trade for Tua when you can get one of the top two QB's in this draft (Willis, Corrall). They have the o-line going in the right direction with Sewell and Ragnow. They would be smart to trade Taylor Decker and let Sewell play LT.

Let me add some more people who wouldn't give up more than a 5th rounder for a generational talent. They'll take him, but they don't want him.

There is no better sample than the Facebook contingent of the world’s dumbest fanbase, which clearly has an eye for talent considering its rabid excitement for franchise-saving draft picks including Harrington, Mike Williams, Titus Young, Kerryon Johnson, Eric Ebron and more.

You really would be better off presenting a primate’s QB preference.

There is no better sample than the Facebook contingent of the world’s dumbest fanbase, which clearly has an eye for talent considering its rabid excitement for franchise-saving draft picks including Harrington, Mike Williams, Titus Young, Kerryon Johnson, Eric Ebron and more.

You really would be better off presenting a primate’s QB preference.
What about their rabid excitement for these draft picks:

Barry Sanders
Calvin Johnson
Dan Orlovsky (people seem to love to quote him on this site)
Matt Stafford
Suh
Darius Slay
Kyle Van Noy
Taylor Decker
Kenny Golladay

I can't say we have a roll call that could equal this one.

So we're back to comparing Tua to the reigning MVP...the guy who we (YOU) wouldn't trade Tua for?

Is that what we're doing?
Not comparing the quarterbacks, I am comparing the two situations these quarterbacks were in. Rogers probably knows a little something about playing offense. You stated yourself, reigning MVP, so he probably knows what is the best way to try to get a win when you don't have a WR corp that is NFL quality. You still have to pass, can't run it every play. What the hell are they to do...? Maybe Rogers thought, I know what we will do, we will throw short passes to stay ahead of the chains and not force the ball downfield, because I have no faith in my receivers to create any separation down field. Their best separation will be right off the snap with the cushion the defender is giving the receiver. So throw short when they are open, since they won't be open after 2 seconds. Tua has no receivers to throw to besides Waddle and Gesicki. Easily doubled due to lack of a running game. Passing game has to be quick since no real outside threat WRs, so safeties sit in the center of the field. Hence a dink and dunk offense. I am not saying Tua is Rogers, he is far from it, but to say why isn't Tua throwing deeper passes, Rogers just showed you why he can't if he wants a chance to win. The dolphins record is where it is more because of the defense then the offense with Tua under center. Tua has put them in position to win.

Not comparing the quarterbacks, I am comparing the two situations these quarterbacks were in. Rogers probably knows a little something about playing offense. You stated yourself, reigning MVP, so he probably knows what is the best way to try to get a win when you don't have a WR corp that is NFL quality. You still have to pass, can't run it every play. What the hell are they to do...? Maybe Rogers thought, I know what we will do, we will throw short passes to stay ahead of the chains and not force the ball downfield, because I have no faith in my receivers to create any separation down field. Their best separation will be right off the snap with the cushion the defender is giving the receiver. So throw short when they are open, since they won't be open after 2 seconds. Tua has no receivers to throw to besides Waddle and Gesicki. Easily doubled due to lack of a running game. Passing game has to be quick since no real outside threat WRs, so safeties sit in the center of the field. Hence a dink and dunk offense. I am not saying Tua is Rogers, he is far from it, but to say why isn't Tua throwing deeper passes, Rogers just showed you why he can't if he wants a chance to win. The dolphins record is where it is more because of the defense then the offense with Tua under center. Tua has put them in position to win.
Your comparing a master Jedi to jar jar binks.

I don’t want to go here with but it hurts
The warning shots were Austin Jackson and iggy. When the draft gurus on this site are like wtf was that, you know we are in trouble. You do not draft project players in the first round.

I feel like I get the idea that a Super Bowl is attainable with Rogers. But I don’t feel that way about Watson. Rogers plays like a winner. He’s 7-0 without his best WR. Because he knows how to win. I don’t think Watson is a winner. That doesn’t mean he can’t be a perennial playoff QB. Especially in the right division. But I don’t see him beating top defenses consistently to make a playoff run. I could be wrong. But that’s how I feel.
Well said!

He did. This is the exact quote word for word.
“Tua is our quarterback. I’m happy with our quarterback.”
"I don't really get into rumors -- Tua is our quarterback," Flores said when asked about Watson. "We're happy with the quarterback, our quarterback situation. I'll leave it at that, which I've said multiple times."

I really don't think the Texans give a blow if we roll out DW (assuming we get him), they suck, they know they suck and probably figure losing out isn't the worst thing especially since they'll be loaded like no other with all the draft picks they'd acquire for the trade.
How do you possibly think the Texans will get a boatload of picks for Watson when this is the only team that Watson has waived his no trade clause for? Do you realistically think the Dolphins front office will give up 3 firsts, 3 seconds & 3 thirds for Watson? If we get him, it will be at a huge discount, nowhere close to what the Texans want because they have NO LEVERAGE!!!! The only thing the Texans can do currently is to pay Watson to sit on the bench until his legal stuff is more clear. If a deal happens at the deadline with the Dolphins, it will be at a huge discount!!!

Even if he didn’t have his legal troubles hanging over his head, we are the only team he has waived his no trade clause for. Again, Texans have no leverage.

Back
Top Bottom