Foles And A Qb Round 1? Sign Me Up | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Foles And A Qb Round 1? Sign Me Up

if you believe that we going to draft a QB in 2020, then you better get ready for a mediocre QB
in 2019. RT might be the best option in 2019 as sad as that is

Since when has one player made a difference? Miami hasn't seen that for yrs so I agree. Upgrading at a major position never hurt though eh? Not like Phins have been spoilt lately. Ricky Williams was the last player I got excited about getting and he didn't do too bad eh?

No he didn’t, but he cost the team two 1st round picks and I’ll never forget the Wannstedt quote when he was asked about the possibility of having to trade the second 1st rounder to New Orleans, which was tied to Ricky’s performance-something to the effect of “well, if he leads the league in rushing we’ll be in the playoffs, so it will be worth it!” Of course he did lead the league in rushing and of course the Dolphins didn’t make the playoffs.

Foles would be a slight upgrade. I’m not in favor of spending that much on a slight upgrade, especially on top of all the dead cap hit they’ll have to eat from Tanbehill. Not when the roster needs so much across the board. We need to draft a QB, not pay a bounty for a better version of Case Keenum.

Not many are. Mahomes is a hybrid right now. I still think Foles is top 10 at worst. You don't win playoff games and a SB if you are mediocre.
Agreed. I was saying he’s not mediocre. Not even close.

No one said it had to be this year. This won’t be a one year rebuild.

The original post said 2019 or 2020. There isn't a QB worth a 1st round pick this year IMO. I agree this is not a 1 year pick. Just stating we will not get a quality QB in round 1 this year.

because you have to go get your QB. A qb isn’t going to fall in your lap in round one. If you find a qb you like, go get him. Cardinals traded up for Rosen. Bills traded up for Allen. Chiefs traded up for mahomes, eagles traded up for Wentz. Hell Chicago traded up for Trubisky.
I agree with you, but there isn't a QB in the upcoming draft worth a 1st round pick, IMO. Whether we have pick #1 or pick #32, I dont like our options this year.

I agree with you, but there isn't a QB in the upcoming draft worth a 1st round pick, IMO. Whether we have pick #1 or pick #32, I dont like our options this year.
That’s the thing though. If you like a QB, you think he’s your guy, you can’t be like well we love him but we don’t think he’s worth 13 overall or trading up for and we’ll get him in the 2nd rd. You almost assuredly will get burned that way and you’ll never get your guy. Qbs are different when it comes to when you draft them. They’re that valuable. I don’t think Trubisky is worth what the bears gave up for him, but they got their guy.

It’s sounds like Miami isn’t interested in the 2019 qbs. Which is fine. But they can’t be scared to draft a QB because of their draft standing.

That old chesnut. Change the record. Going by that old excuse Marino is a failure.

I think you’re agreeing with me. Point was bad qbs wins. Wins aren’t a an states therefore foles can win and be mediocre

i think we can agree that we will be drafting a qb either first or second round. thats a given.

So you’ll be winning 8 or less games? Foles isn’t good. This roster isn’t good and won’t win with foles. Foles is a one read guy that throws a lot of jump balls. They have a great team. We don’t. Foles doesn’t fit what we need.

"Foles is a one read guy" lmao you have to be kidding me

There's a difference between jump balls and well placed balls to targets that are 6'4 and 6'5

Agreed. I was saying he’s not mediocre. Not even close.
Eli Manning is mediocre and he's got two rings. Hell, in 2007 he had a terrible year (56% completion, led the league in interceptions thrown). The difference is that some mediocre quarterbacks have higher ceilings. But when I look at Eli Manning's track record in the regular season it screams nothing more than mediocre....116-114 career record. In the playoffs he's been very good the two years they won the title but in the other four years they made they lost in the first round and he was very bad....averaged 185 yards passing per game and threw only 3 TDs to 7 interceptions.

When a QB is mediocre, the key is that he at least has a high ceiling.

i think we can agree that we will be drafting a qb either first or second round. thats a given.
If the plan is to target a QB in 20 with a top ten pick, then we shouldn't be drafting a QB in the first or second round unless we really feel that a guy fell to us there. I don't see that happening.

Haskins are the only guys that any quality organization should even consider drafting if they are there at 13. He won't be, so drafting a QB in the first should be moot.

Personally, I am a believer in Haskins.

I think Foles has been really darn good past few years but it seems odd to go after a 20mil/yr qb if were rebuilding. BUT the chiefs went after Alex Smith and then grabbed Mahomes a year or 2 later so i guess with todays rookie contract structure it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom