For once, I totally agree without Armando | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For once, I totally agree without Armando

The QB is the most important part...you get him and build around him.

I like the idea of Rosen and another rookie vying for the job... and building a line and a team around one of them with all the picks and cap space we have.

I keep seeing 13 picks. Where are these picks. Where am I wrong

3 (hopefully another)
5, (hopefully another)

so I have 7 and hopefully 9

Didn't we trade a 4,6,7,7???

So mando thinks we're going to draft Tua and do nothing else? Of course it takes a whole team. This is not the NBA where one guy can get you there but you need to start with the most important position and that's QB. We have tons of picks and tons of cap space for free agents. Now it's up to the FO to use it right of course.

I’m no guru, just a Dolphins guy who has been a fan for 43 years.

So I’ve seen some ****, with our guys and everybody else’s (to a lesser extent).

And I’ve been preaching, yeah, OK:

Get Tua if you must. But he ain’t gonna change much. Nor will Herbert, Fromm, or even Lawrence.

As I have stated many times before, we had that guy. Awesome. Spectacular. Beautiful to watch. Nearly scored at will.

But even that wasn’t enough.

In Armandos latest article, he stated that even Marino couldn’t do much with what we currently have, be it so by design or incompetence. And he’s dead on correct.

Piss poor line, dropped passes....

All I’m saying is do not think for one second that some hot rod QB is worth this. Whoever that may be, he isn’t. It doesn’t work that way.

Brady always has a complete team around him. Always. If we swapped Rosen for Brady right now, this second, Rosen would go to the Super Bowl. And Brady would watch it from his couch (for once).

Don’t tank for Tua. In fact, quit tanking. Make it respectable. We’re gonna draft high as **** anyway....
Your post is far too late. We've cut and traded away most of our roster. Embrace the tank, there's no going back now!

We tried that....for 20 years.

We built and built and built.

We had a QB Carousel of bullshit.

We had no offensive line.

We had expensive FAs come and go.

We had moments of hope every season.

We got nowhere.

Now, we're tanking. We're going to land in all likelihood the top QB, and he's going to be great.

We will have cap space and another 7 well-positioned picks to start our rebuild.

That's what's happening, and personally, it makes me happier than the false hope of a wild-card playoff berth and eventual 7-9 season that has been playing on repeat ever since I became a ****ing Dolphins fan.

Hopefully some of the fans who are so offended by this route can manage.

We tried that....for 20 years.

We built and built and built.

We had a QB Carousel of bullshit.

We had no offensive line.

We had expensive FAs come and go.

We had moments of hope every season.

We got nowhere.

Now, we're tanking. We're going to land in all likelihood the top QB, and he's going to be great.

We will have cap space and another 7 well-positioned picks to start our rebuild.

That's what's happening, and personally, it makes me happier than the false hope of a wild-card playoff berth and eventual 7-9 season that has been playing on repeat ever since I became a ****ing Dolphins fan.

Hopefully some of the fans who are so offended by this route can manage.

"and he SHOULD be great."

I don’t mind losing.

But I hate losing like we have been.

I guess as long as we win one game and everybody else LOSES at least one game, I’ll be fine...

As an NFL owner, if you are damned if you tank and damned if you don't, tanking is better because of higher draft picks, lower slotted salaries and cap space. As a fan, it is impossible to enjoy watching **** on the field with knowledge that this is the result of many years of poor decisions.

A franchise QB changes everything. It is true that even a young Marino on this team would have had a tough time winning but I can assure you that it would be a whole lot more fun watching them lose these games. An elite quarterback gives a franchise and a fanbase hope whether it is for this year or the next.

Indy was a horribly mismanaged team during Luck's entire tenure and still produced quite a few good teams, a couple which had a chance to contend if things had gone their way. Swap Tannehill for Luck and Miami would have had a very different path over the last decade, even if they never managed to win it all. Having an elite signal caller makes all the difference in the world.

I really wish people would stop using the Colts as a an example of how a tank works correctly and how a franchise QB changes everything. For starters, what Miami is doing is completely unprecedented at this point. Yes, some teams have been accused of tanking, and others have traded off one or two highly valued players, but no NFL team to date has ever so thoroughly dismantled a team as Miami has. Using other teams as models doesn’t really work well, because those other teams have never gone this far.

Let’s look at the Colts, our model tank to date. They lost Manning right before the season and couldn’t replace him. This set things in motion for the “tank”. During that tank, how many promising young players did they jettison, and how far did they tear down? Nothing like Miami has. The two just aren’t as comparable as everyone here likes to make it sound.

Proving the above, was the Colt’s measure of success once Luck was drafted. It is true they had decent success with Luck initially. This is precisely because they still had talent on the team when he was drafted. Even if we assume Luck was almost singlehandedly responsible for such a dramatic turnaround, the Colts did not have enough talent to protect him and destroyed their franchise QB in a very short time frame prior to ever reaching a Super Bowl, which Luck seemed destined for. The Colts have proven that landing a franchise QB without a proper team around him leads to a very short shelf life. Miami has far more pieces to add than the Colts did. Drafting Tua without a team around him is really a recipe for despair, not success.

For this team to do it right, they must get the QB AND the other necessary pieces around that QB way quicker and more successfully than the Colts did. The Colts tanking job could be considered a warning more than a great success. They are not a good example if you want to get anything done with your franchise QB and see them outlast their rookie contract. I hope the FO is learning from the Colt’s mistakes, not modeling the tank after them.

15 of 32 teams in the league haven't won a Super Bowl since we last won ours.
I hope you are not implying that it is OK to be average. I aspire to more. We haven't even had a legitimate playoff run since Marino, let alone the prospect of competing for a championship.

I agree with Dave Hyde. He said we were in position to make a lot of the same moves the Ravens did. And I know we were definitely in position to make a lot of the moves the Eagles did when they turned it around. Instead of copying one of those or the countless other success stories Ross decided to copy the Browns, and the Jury is still out on if thats even going to work out.

Bottom line is Ross has been the problem and now he's trying to take the easy way out.

how many U Turns does Mando plan to make this year? LOL

I agree with Dave Hyde. He said we were in position to make a lot of the same moves the Ravens did. And I know we were definitely in position to make a lot of the moves the Eagles did when they turned it around. Instead of copying one of those or the countless other success stories Ross decided to copy the Browns, and the Jury is still out on if thats even going to work out.

Bottom line is Ross has been the problem and now he's trying to take the easy way out.
The easy way?

This is not easy for him at all.

Back
Top Bottom