For once, I totally agree without Armando | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

For once, I totally agree without Armando

My concern is do they have the right GM to pick the right players and the right coach to develop the players? Grier is an inhouse hire who has not been a member of a successful front office. Flores has never officially held the title of coordinator.
If that is the case, nothing matters anyway, now does it?

These guys aren't going anywhere anytime soon. If Ross wasn't in for at least 3 years, he wouldn't have gone with this plan to begin with. I remember him making a comment after the Tbum fireing, that nobody likes the prospect of a 2-3 win team, but if that's the way it has to be, then it is what it is. I don't see him changing course after a few games.

For those saying we will be winless this year, IDK. We got blown out in an embarrassing manner week one. Week two wasn't much better, but I saw some improvement. If we improve steadily, I can see us winning a couple games against a weak opponent. The phrase "any given Sunday" doesn't apply to us, but some Sunday is not out of the question, IMO.

Don't question the Don. He was just too loyal as he got older. Killed his winning with Marino.
Whatever the case may be. He had the most prolific passer in the history of the game, pretty much scored at will, and couldn't close the deal.

Armando has to be the biggest idiot covering the Dolphins.

He wrote an article today honestly suggesting that Miami should shop both Rosen and Fitzpatrick. Yes, the same Ryan Fitzpatrick who was traded for a Seventh round pick in 2007 :lol:

Then, someone was dumb enough to ask Flores if he's had talks to trade Ryan Fitzpatrick during today's presser. I'd be embarrassed to ask that.

Here is my thinking
Anyone can tear a franchise down. The hard part is building it back. We don't even hit on our 1st round picks. See Charles Harris. Heck even the safe bet on minkah Fitzpatrick is eli apple. 2nd round picks have been wasted for years here. We all know the past but Mike Gesicki is our most recent and he doesn't look good either.

Does anyone know how Deiter had looked I'm the 2 games he has played? I do like Rosen and Williams
Not trying to be a downer.

I don't understand why people keep saying this. With 12+ picks and 160 million there will be more changes than just Tua. I could easily see 8-10 new starters in 2020
Easily seeing 8-10? You sir are looking at it through rose colored glasses.

Easily seeing 8-10? You sir are looking at it through rose colored glasses.
I can see 8-10 new starters. I seriously doubt they will all be high quality NFL starter quality players though.

I could easily see 4 rookies starting, depending on their position, but as is the case with most rookies, they need time to develop, and are not always top quality out of the gate.

For example, you draft a stud pass rusher. He may even be a great pass rusher from day one. Is he also a top run defender day one?

You can draft a WR, or RB in rd2, and chances are he can play right away. You draft a corner rd2, it may take a year, or two before he's solid.

There are just too many variables to make blanket statements.

Hell, a guy like Prince may come in and dominate next year, or he may never pan out to be a consistent starter.

Flores in the locker room: Guys, we have decided to stop tanking the rest of the season.

The team then wins their next 14 games and their first super bowl since 1973.

I’m no guru, just a Dolphins guy who has been a fan for 43 years.

So I’ve seen some ****, with our guys and everybody else’s (to a lesser extent).

And I’ve been preaching, yeah, OK:

Get Tua if you must. But he ain’t gonna change much. Nor will Herbert, Fromm, or even Lawrence.

As I have stated many times before, we had that guy. Awesome. Spectacular. Beautiful to watch. Nearly scored at will.

But even that wasn’t enough.

In Armandos latest article, he stated that even Marino couldn’t do much with what we currently have, be it so by design or incompetence. And he’s dead on correct.

Piss poor line, dropped passes....

All I’m saying is do not think for one second that some hot rod QB is worth this. Whoever that may be, he isn’t. It doesn’t work that way.

Brady always has a complete team around him. Always. If we swapped Rosen for Brady right now, this second, Rosen would go to the Super Bowl. And Brady would watch it from his couch (for once).

Don’t tank for Tua. In fact, quit tanking. Make it respectable. We’re gonna draft high as **** anyway....

The rebuild/tank is so much more than just getting Tua or any QB. There has been years of free agent signings that is just sitting on the books. Tannenbaum did to Miami what he did to the Jets and too many of you were willfully ignorant of it. Do I have to rattle off the laundry list of poor aquisitions and contracts which lined this highway to hell? Go ahead and stick your thumb in the dike, keep sticking till you run out of digits but that dike has failed and this is the result. These bloggers and twitter warriors, messageboard maestros just want clicks, likes etc... Don't be fools. This franchise was constipated and is now getting it's enema, you are just a corn or a nut.

Last edited:
Until the OL is built, no QB will ever be really productive here. Lets face it, Fitzpatrick is old and on his 8th team, what did we expect, but as many have posted, it doesnt matter who is playing QB, they are going to get crushed. Three and out kills the defense, especially in September in Miami.

Draft the best players or turn the picks into more. Getting a haul for Tunsil was great, maybe another for Minkah as well. True test is if Grier can hit on 75% of them.

I’m no guru, just a Dolphins guy who has been a fan for 43 years.

So I’ve seen some ****, with our guys and everybody else’s (to a lesser extent).

And I’ve been preaching, yeah, OK:

Get Tua if you must. But he ain’t gonna change much. Nor will Herbert, Fromm, or even Lawrence.

As I have stated many times before, we had that guy. Awesome. Spectacular. Beautiful to watch. Nearly scored at will.

But even that wasn’t enough.

In Armandos latest article, he stated that even Marino couldn’t do much with what we currently have, be it so by design or incompetence. And he’s dead on correct.

Piss poor line, dropped passes....

All I’m saying is do not think for one second that some hot rod QB is worth this. Whoever that may be, he isn’t. It doesn’t work that way.

Brady always has a complete team around him. Always. If we swapped Rosen for Brady right now, this second, Rosen would go to the Super Bowl. And Brady would watch it from his couch (for once).

Don’t tank for Tua. In fact, quit tanking. Make it respectable. We’re gonna draft high as **** anyway....
Exactly right. I point often to Steve Young, but that's because it's so dramatic how bad he was in Tampa and then a HOF'er in SF.

I feel bad for whoever qb Miami drafts, unless they seriously address the offensive line, finding three or four quality starters in one offseason.

Until the OL is built, no QB will ever be really productive here. Lets face it, Fitzpatrick is old and on his 8th team, what did we expect, but as many have posted, it doesnt matter who is playing QB, they are going to get crushed. Three and out kills the defense, especially in September in Miami.

Draft the best players or turn the picks into more. Getting a haul for Tunsil was great, maybe another for Minkah as well. True test is if Grier can hit on 75% of them.
I agree. Except we don't know if it's actually a "haul" for Tunsil. Could be, but only if the team actually makes good selections. The could go 3 for 3 with those picks, but most likely maybe 2 for 3.

We are absolutely tanking for Tua. It's not even debatable.

But i do also feel it's Flores' way of tearing it down, getting rid of any guys that don't do it his way or fit his mold....similar to the Patriot way. Sometimes it's easier to rebuild from scratch than try to change a culture/process/business/etc.

Our draft capital is amazing. The Draft is my absolute most favorite thing each year, so i'm stoked to watch. I just have zero confidence this FO, or Grier, has a clue how to draft. Drafts around here have been uninspiring to say the least.

Actually, Brady has had the equivalent of 4 or 5 complete teams around him.......New England has had a lot of turnover through the years....but the one constant is Brady. He's pretty good at what he does.

For this team to do it right, they must get the QB AND the other necessary pieces around that QB way quicker and more successfully than the Colts did. The Colts tanking job could be considered a warning more than a great success. They are not a good example if you want to get anything done with your franchise QB and see them outlast their rookie contract. I hope the FO is learning from the Colt’s mistakes, not modeling the tank after them.

The point being made is that a franchise can screw up and still have success with an elite signal caller. It would have been very difficult to do a worse job than the Colts did, particularly in Luck's early professional years. And even so the team had success.

What a franchise quarterback gives a team is room for error. Teams like the Jaguars, Vikings, Broncos, and Bears all should show just how hard it is to build a contender without one. You can get yourself a quality coach and draft talented players and still find your team on the outside looking in at the poorly run franchise that lucks into their quarterback.

So I don't get this argument that a young Marino would mean nothing if the team around him stunk. In the NFL today you can completely overhaul your roster in a couple seasons. Coaches and GMs can be fired in less time than that. Every other position can be purchased by the highest bidder on the open market. The franchise QB is the only sacrosanct item left in this league.

Back
Top Bottom