Games you attended | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games you attended

I haven’t been to any big wins but my first Dolphin game ever was the 62-7 beat down at Altel Stadium in Jax in January 2000. Earlier in the season, Marino missed few games with a shoulder injury. Although he didn’t play great, the week before, Marino led a comeback win against the Seahawks. I really felt that we were coming together at the right time. The following week we got clobbered. I left early in the second half with the score 52-7.
It ended up being Marino’s last game.

Best memory: 1986 at the Rams. Marino threw five TDs (three to Duper) and we win in OT. I was blown away!

Worst memory: 1994 Divisional Playoff Game loss at SD. I'll stop right there.
That second one still stings me to this day.

I have that other game on an old VHS tape. Lol. Dickerson was unreal. Marino to Duper better.

saw them play on the road in 92 up here in new england won in overtime last game of the year, went to a few games in the late 90's to see Marino play vs the Pats. Last away game I went to was the game we blew in OT vs the pats for the division in 02. I almost got into it with a whole section in the end zone since they were throwing snow and ice at my gf (now wife and I). I probably deserved it because I spent all afternoon waving my huge dolphins flag in their faces as Ricky was running wild. We had a great view of wanny throwing it 3 times from the shadow of our own endzone with an 11 point lead. In ot when mare kicked off out of bounds that was the only time I've ever left early. we lived in Florida briefly so i had season tickets in 05 thru 07. haven't been to a live game since.

I've had some decent luck with attending games. I was at both of the last playoff wins and I was at the December win over the Pats during a 4-12 season. 2004 I think. I may have only attended one or two losses out of maybe a dozen games.

The most memorable was the playoff win against the Colts, specifically the game winning touchdown in overtime. We were sitting behind the end zone with the Phins driving toward us. From our point of view, Lamar Smith seemed to be buried and stopped for a small gain. He had disappeared behind a large group of blockers and Colt jerseys for a solid 2-3 seconds. Just as I was about to sit down thinking the play was over, Smith burst out of the group and ran the rest of the way for the game winning touchdown.

Last edited:
Most memorable was probably the game in Cleveland when Marino tore his Achilles. Some guy named Scott Mitchell came in and promptly threw a pick-six, we knew we were toast. He played better in the 2nd half and we won.
I also attended the game in Denver when Fiedler broke his thumb but still guided the game-winning drive

Was at the 2008 shootout with the rams (we won 16-12). Ronnie brown scored the games only td. My first ever game and it was boring yet exciting

2010 (I think) overtime loss to the titans. Henne threw 3 picks ?‍♂️ Rob baronas kicked it through to win it for them.

2013 - beat the colts in Indy week 2. Philip wheeler sacked luck to secure it. I thought he’d actually be good. I remember we had the ball back and had a third and 8 with over a minute left. Colts fans were leaving but I was nervous. Lamar Miller ran it for 10 yards to officially seal it.

2015 - I was at dan Campbell’s first game vs the titans. We were super physical that game and destroyed them.

The only game I have been to so far was against the Redskins in DC in 2015, Miami won the game and Landry had a punt return for a TD. I swear it seemed like there was more Dolphin fans there then there was Skin fans.

I went to my first home game a few years ago (I’m in California) . Can’t remember what year but it was 4~ years ago. Game was against the Texans. It was amazing and so much fun. I think Tannehill had a 158.3 passer rating that game. And it just seemed like Miami was scoring on every drive!

Living in Germany, I attended the following games at JRS:

1992: vs. Broncos in Berlin WIN
1995: vs. Jaguars (the inaugural game) LOSS
2007: vs. Cowboys LOSS
2007: vs. Raiders LOSS, Culpepper with 5!!! touchdowns
2010: vs. Jets LOSS, no more words
2010: vs. Patriots LOSS, Patriots with 103 yard kickoff return, pick 6 TD, blocked field goal TD,blocked punt and in front of me 10 drunken Patriots fans. Nuff said...
2021: let`s see, but i would welcome a win,these last 4 games has left its mark on me :)

Go Dolphins!

I was in the nosebleeds in Glendale when Kurt Warner threw for three touchdowns with no interceptions, to make a 158.3 QB rating (PERFECT) over the Dolphins, with a score of 31-10

Noodles was just that noodles

I believe the Dolphins installed the WC on the flight home and crushed the Pats the following week

The Miami Miracle!

Per usual for games I was about 8 beers deep, and was standing up to leave before the last play because there's no ****ing way we have a chance. My wife was with me and said "wait, it's not over yet" to which I replied "yes it is, these things never work.." ...fast forward to Gronk taking the worst angle in history and everyone in the stands around us was screaming jumping up and down and generally going crazy.

Easily the best experience we've had in our 8 years of going to home games

I’m bored during quarantine so I hope you guys don’t mind these topics. Anyway what Dolphin games have you attended that we’re the most memorable win or losses.

Orange Bowl
1979 Dolphins beat Buffalo 17-7. Tony Nathan goes 86 yards on a PR. Czonka was back on the team and running though people. My first game attended! My late grandpa took me.

1980 Dolphins beat Bengals 16-15? or something like that.

1981 Dolphins destroy Pittsburgh on Thur night football 30-10. Tommy V goes 87 years on a punt return. Dolphins D punishes Bradshaw and makes him look old.
1981 Dolphins beat Bills to win the division on last game of the year. 16-7

1982 Dolphins beat Jets 20-19 on a Uwe Von Schaman (Ray Finkle) FG as time expires. Strock had to come off the bench to lead the last drive.

1983 Dolphins beat LA Rams 30-14. My first time seeing Dan! David Overstreet (RIP) went off tackle for 45 yard TD run. What could've been!

1984 Cannot believe I did not go to a game this year!

1985 Dolphins destroy KC 31-0

1985 Dolphins lost to Pats in the AFC Championship game. Terrible game in the rain. Lots of fumbles. Big upset! First loss as a fan! Terrible time for that. Everyone wanted Dolphins / Bears SB.

1986 Went off to college in Philly

1989 Lost to KC 27-24 on last game of year. Dolphins finished 8-8 I believe

1992 Miami beats LA Rams 26-10. Hurricane Andrew postponed their start to the season I think. Miami (Kendall to Homestead) was still digging out of this storm at this time.

1992 Miami beats Houston Oilers 19-16 in FG battle

1993 Miami loses to Jets 24-14. Dolphins did get off to 3-1 start and then we lost Dan for the season. This was a very good team that got decimated by injuries.

1994 Miami beats the Colts 22-20?

1995 Miami beats Atlanta 22-21. Marino to Fryar to win the game. Last game I saw with the Don. Exciting game in a disappointing year.

1996 Miami beats Pats 24-14. First Jimmy Johnson game for me.

1997 Miami beats Colts 16-10. Jim Harbough got dehydrated and couldn't finish the game

1998 to 2001 In the Navy (1996-2002) and mostly underway

2002 Miami loses to Buffalo with Ray freakin Lucas pooping the bed. First time I realized how bad it was with snowbirds from Buffalo coming down to watch the game. Worst fans out there. Maybe worse than Philly. At least 25 sat directly in front of me. Was there with the wife, son, mom and dad. Thought I was going to have to protect them.

2003 Miami beat Washington. Late rally led By Ricky Williams. Fun prime time game.

2005 Miami loses to Michael Vick and Atlatna 17-10

2007 Miami loses to Cincy in the last game of year and finishes 1-15. What else can you say?

2009 Miami smashed the Bills 38-10. Double dipped on my trip down to Miami that weekend and watched Canes beat Oklahoma the night before. That game was much better!

2013 Miami loses to the Jets 20-7 in last game of the year with playoffs on the line. Complete Philbin flop game. one of the worst I attended.

2014 Miami beats Buffalo 22-9 in Thur night game.

2015 Miami destroys the Texans 44-24. Fun game to watch.

2018 Miami loses to Jax in last home game. Misses playoffs again. Another coach (Gase) sent packing.

Can't wait to go to a Flores coached game. So, 10-3 with Don Shula and 5-6 with everyone else. Kind of how it's really been. I would say beating the Jets 20-19 in 1982 was the most fun. It was a big game on a Super Bowl run. Of course, first game in 1979 with my late grandfather against Bills was special.

Last edited:
Im in Canada and I've been very lucky attending 3 games all of which were wins.

2010 In Minnesota the year they got Favre where dolphins won and wake had a couple sacks and fumble on the old man. Game ended with miami defense stopping them on a 4th and 1 at goal line.

2015 The 50th season, dolphins beat ravens (something we all know hardly happens) it was a boring game but my first home game and we won so had a blast

2017 again in miami the MNF game vs Patriots where jay Cutler had a great game and we beat New England in prime time. Until then I've only heard stories about how bad the Pat's fans were. I got to experience it first hand that night. Also missed most of the first half due to an accident and traffic. This would be the most memorable for me. First Monday night game, first game for my kid (2 at the time), and of course beating Brady at home

2020 we were planning on making a trip to miami this year but due to what's going on we may wait a year.

I live in LA, so I try to travel to new cities I have never been and watch the Fins play, kind of like a mini vacation.

2005 Season opener in Miami, Saban's first game, we dismantled the Broncos and JT capped it off with a fumble to the house. That was awesome. My first game attended in Miami.

I was at the 2010 Jets vs Dolphins game in NY, where the STs coach tripped our player out of bounds. Cheap game, but will always remember it because of that play.

I went to the 2014 Dolphins at Bears game in Chicago, where Mike Wallace caught the game winning TD. That was a memorable game because Marshall was on the Bears and their season imploded after that loss.

Been to multiple Phins @ Chargers games.

Back
Top Bottom