********** gator football *********** | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

He is athletic and has a strong arm but I just don’t see him as a first round draft pick. Caleb Williams looks like the best QB in college football at this time and he won’t even be eligible for the draft until 2024.
Honestly, I dont care about his NFL prospects. The kid cant even play college ball.

We need a real QB. This kid cant throw.

Richardson needs experience. Only the 3rd game he’s started at Florida.

But everybody in college football would love to have that skillset at quarterback. The NFL will literally sell their soul for it.

New offense for all the players and they still don’t have their communication down. It’s magnified with an inexperienced quarterback against top SEC defenses with tons of experienced players like Kentucky.

He doesn’t have any skill position talent around him either, especially at receiver, which I mentioned several months ago in the draft forum.

Experience and hard coaching is what he needs. He’ll get it from Billy Napier.

And here I was worried about that defense...

I'm mighty proud of the defense playing a very damn good game ~most~ of the night. Can't lay much, if any, of the blame at their feet.

AR better grow from this or it's going to be a very long year. That was his worst Hyde impression yet.

I sure like the way Etienne runs.

Hey, I'm actually not here to talk smack.

When Richardson throws a good ball it's ridiculously beautiful, but other times the kid misses wide open streaking receivers and can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Hopefully for your sake he can put it together.

But everybody in college football would love to have that skillset at quarterback. The NFL will literally sell their soul for it.

New offense for all the players and they still don’t have their communication down. It’s magnified with an inexperienced quarterback against top SEC defenses with tons of experienced players like Kentucky.

He doesn’t have any skill position talent around him either, especially at receiver, which I mentioned several months ago in the draft forum.

He doesn't get the talent or defense excuse this game. He repeatedly missed receivers behind the defense early on and when he did hit them, it often would have been a TD with a good throw.

In general I agree with your assessment here but it doesn't apply to this game.

It appears Richardson will be one of those fun players who can win or lose the game all by himself. He was so consistently inaccurate I questioned if it was on purpose. Nerves got him against Kentucky but not Utah? Another game like that and he sits one out while doing nothing but learning the playbook and throwing a thousand passes to streaking receivers.

There is not a ton of talent on this team. It'll be a few good recruiting cycles before they should be taken seriously. Let's see what this new coach is made of ... because he already made one mistake leaving his QB in after the 3rd.

If he was a true freshman I'd be ALOT more patient. You're right. And I agree, the Gators receivers cant get separation (from what I could see on the broadcast) consistently. But I expected more. First quarter I figured it was nerves and he would settle down. Nope. His issues just got worse as the game moved on.

True, he got a tough draw facing Utah and Kentucky out the gate, BUT, this is the SEC, we dont have the luxury of practice games against directional schools like other conferences. The games will only get tougher as the season rolls on.

Right now I feel like im watching Felippe Franks all over again. The Gators need a real QB instead of a skillset guy.

Im probably overreacting due to the recency of the loss, Lets see how I feel next Saturday. But I feel like Ive seen this before, wasting a championship quality Defense and excellent RB squad because we have an ineffectual QB.

And here I was worried about that defense...

I'm mighty proud of the defense playing a very damn good game ~most~ of the night. Can't lay much, if any, of the blame at their feet.

AR better grow from this or it's going to be a very long year. That was his worst Hyde impression yet.

I sure like the way Etienne runs.
Watching them I told my wife, they remind me of the Fins. Great D getting worn down by an ugly offense that cant string together more than a 5 play drive.

Agree, Etienne looks like a bright spot for us, I hope he doesnt transfer.

If he was a true freshman I'd be ALOT more patient. You're right. And I agree, the Gators receivers cant get separation (from what I could see on the broadcast) consistently. But I expected more. First quarter I figured it was nerves and he would settle down. Nope. His issues just got worse as the game moved on.

True, he got a tough draw facing Utah and Kentucky out the gate, BUT, this is the SEC, we dont have the luxury of practice games against directional schools like other conferences. The games will only get tougher as the season rolls on.

Right now I feel like im watching Felippe Franks all over again. The Gators need a real QB instead of a skillset guy.

Im probably overreacting due to the recency of the loss, Lets see how I feel next Saturday. But I feel like Ive seen this before, wasting a championship quality Defense and excellent RB squad because we have an ineffectual QB.

Utah State, UL Monroe, Austin Peay, Missouri State, Mercer, San Jose State, Western Kentucky, Samford, Youngstown State, Southern, East Tennessee State, Louisiana Tech, Abilene Christian, New Mexico State, Central Arkansas, Georgia State, Charlotte, Ball State, Akron, UT Martin, Sam Houston, UMass, Elon

Utah State, UL Monroe, Austin Peay, Missouri State, Mercer, San Jose State, Western Kentucky, Samford, Youngstown State, Southern, East Tennessee State, Louisiana Tech, Abilene Christian, New Mexico State, Central Arkansas, Georgia State, Charlotte, Ball State, Akron, UT Martin, Sam Houston, UMass, Elon

Can't play Alabama and Georgia every week.

I was always laugh when I see these responses. Usually a fan of an ACC school ...

Can't play Alabama and Georgia every week.

I was always laugh when I see these responses. Usually a fan of an ACC school ...

Hahaha yeah he said they don't have the luxury of playing directional schools so I proved him wrong. Every team in the SEC plays cupcakes, just like every other school. Does that mean the SEC isn't the best conference? Of course not.

Hahaha yeah he said they don't have the luxury of playing directional schools so I proved him wrong. Every team in the SEC plays cupcakes, just like every other school. Does that mean the SEC isn't the best conference? Of course not.

It's all relative. The point is the best conference has the hardest schedule and those teams beat the living balls out of each other all season so when the depleted version of themselves makes it to the title and doesn't dominate ... conversations like this happen.

It's all relative. The point is the best conference has the hardest schedule and those teams beat the living balls out of each other all season so when the depleted version of themselves makes it to the title and doesn't dominate ... conversations like this happen.

The SEC has the best teams at the top for sure, but your middle to end of conference teams aren't rolling over everyone. Most are unranked and would be middle of the pack in most conferences.

If you're one of those top teams I'm sorry...you don't get to complain you had to play a bunch of tough unranked teams.

Granted Kentucky was #20, I'm not saying this falls into that category.

Welp, I cant blame Richardson for this. He actually looked good today.

The Oline is trash, our secondary is trash.

Hats off to Tennessee though, they are a good team.

Aint over yet, but its close.

No, you didnt. lol

I didnt say we dont have easy games, but we dont play as many easy games as other conferences.

The SEC should be in a higher division than the rest of the NCAA.

Back
Top Bottom