*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

wow. looks like i split at the right time. i will say i'm not overly upset though at how it went down. we pretty much had to be bad enough to lose meyer - in turn to lose addazio - a total must. this was SHOCKINGLY auburn's year - we picked a decent one to **** the bed. always next year ...

wow. looks like i split at the right time. i will say i'm not overly upset though at how it went down. we pretty much had to be bad enough to lose meyer - in turn to lose addazio - a total must. this was SHOCKINGLY auburn's year - we picked a decent one to **** the bed. always next year ...
Yup. This was basically a punted season. I'll take the UGA and PSU games away from it and forget the other 11 even happened. It had to happen. It wasn't fun, but THE necessary change was made (Addazio leaving). I'm excited about Muschamp and Driskel (and now him and Brissett pushing each other) and I'm REALLY excited about Charlie Weis running the offense.

I've always wanted us to ditch the offenses we've run for all these years and move to a pro-set O and now it's finally happening. Imagine the things we can do with an NFL OC in charge and all the talent there is in this state, some of which is already on our roster. I really hope he can salvage Brantley for his last season here. If Weis can't coach up the guy like he did with Clausen and Quinn, then there really isn't any hope for the kid and he's just another 4* bust. Felt really bad for him with the season he had finally getting his shot after waiting for so long. I hope he beats out everyone and earns the starting job in the spring.

Our recruiting class this year is good, but not great. But that is to be expected with a coaching change and the season we just had. Our big bad class from last year will be in their second year. Janoris is back, Elam will start, and Will Hill is gone. Woohoo!

Yup. This was basically a punted season. I'll take the UGA and PSU games away from it and forget the other 11 even happened. It had to happen. It wasn't fun, but THE necessary change was made (Addazio leaving). I'm excited about Muschamp and Driskel (and now him and Brissett pushing each other) and I'm REALLY excited about Charlie Weis running the offense.

I've always wanted us to ditch the offenses we've run for all these years and move to a pro-set O and now it's finally happening. Imagine the things we can do with an NFL OC in charge and all the talent there is in this state, some of which is already on our roster. I really hope he can salvage Brantley for his last season here. If Weis can't coach up the guy like he did with Clausen and Quinn, then there really isn't any hope for the kid and he's just another 4* bust. Felt really bad for him with the season he had finally getting his shot after waiting for so long. I hope he beats out everyone and earns the starting job in the spring.

Our recruiting class this year is good, but not great. But that is to be expected with a coaching change and the season we just had. Our big bad class from last year will be in their second year. Janoris is back, Elam will start, and Will Hill is gone. Woohoo!

I think Brantley will benefit immensely by playing in a pro style offense. Last year he was a square peg trying to fit in a round hole.

Just watched the spring game from yesterday. My observtions:

The "orange team" actually wore the orange jerseys this year and not the pants. It looks like those jerseys are back from the 80's and here to stay. Makes sense as that was what they wore when Muschamp was growing up watching them.

The offense was ultra-vanilla as is expected in these things. The line is still a work in progress. Brantley looked much more comfortable in the offense but wasn't spectacular. Tyler Murphy was decent but his dropbacks look a little awkward. Chris Rainey was the best offensive player of the day and runs between the tackles surprisingly well. Demps, Gillislee, and Mack Brown all didn't play. The WRs all played very well except when Deonte fumbled an end-around. Jordan Reed looks like a natural at TE.

Janoris Jenkins and Trey Burton didn't play either but this defense looks solid. The line is big and nasty and the LBs fly to the ball very well. The secondary was the most impressive. Shaw, Elam, and Evans were all solid.

And Janoris gets arrested for weed again. I don't get it. I know Florida's pot laws are ****ing stupid, but JJ, you gotta stay in your house and smoke it man. Not in your car.

twice now? :bobdole:
I know right? How do you get caught that many times? My friend and I were able to go through a joint before the Nuggets game last night right in the damn parking lot without getting caught, but JJ can't be discreet enough about it?

I should also correct myself. He wasn't arrested. He was given a citation to appear in court. I would say suspend him for the first 2-3 games and be done with it. If he's dumb enough to get caught again they might as well toss him.

It's really disappointing.. this kid is the best pure cover corner in college football. Better than Peterson, better than Amukamara.

This kid can play press, off-man, and zone techniques to perfection. He single handedly shut down A.J. Green, Julio Jones, and several others with no help... the best receivers in the country wear Janoris Jenkins tighter than their own jersey. He's a phenomenal talent. His hips and ability to plant and drive are second to none in my opinion...

This kid's NFL future is as bright as any cornerback I've seen recently.... but he won't be worth anything if he can't avoid getting in trouble for marijuana every 3 months. Muschamp needs to get a hold of this kid, fast.

It's really disappointing.. this kid is the best pure cover corner in college football. Better than Peterson, better than Amukamara.

This kid can play press, off-man, and zone techniques to perfection. He single handedly shut down A.J. Green, Julio Jones, and several others with no help... the best receivers in the country wear Janoris Jenkins tighter than their own jersey. He's a phenomenal talent. His hips and ability to plant and drive are second to none in my opinion...

This kid's NFL future is as bright as any cornerback I've seen recently.... but he won't be worth anything if he can't avoid getting in trouble for marijuana every 3 months. Muschamp needs to get a hold of this kid, fast.

damn, i didn't realize you thought so highly of him. i thought he was the second best corner in college football last year behind peterson who is the best player in the draft and the most impressive corner i've seen since charles woodson. peterson will be in the ronnie lott/rod woodson mold i think - great corner who eventually moves to safety and on to the hall of fame. any other year dareus is head and shoulders the best player - but not this one. if jenkins can stay healthy and out of trouble he'll be a top 7 pick next draft - total package all the way - reminds me a little of a young and dominant sam madison.

its freakin pot man. teach the kid to not be a jackass and keep it indoors. not that hard janoris - its gainesville - its almost hard to get arrested for possession there.

Don't know about him being better than Peterson. But everything about JJ's game is terrific except for his tackling. I still have nightmares of him trying to tackle Terrance Toliver by the shoulder pads in that LSU heartbreaker while Toliver shoved him the whole way to the end zone. He had a little trouble with Alshon Jeffery too, but that will probably happen with a lot of corners in the future.

JJ is easily UF's best defensive player and is supposed to be a leader as he is a senior which is what makes him getting caught even more disappointing. I just hope he doesn't get kicked because then I'd have to change my damn avatar again. That and Jeremy Brown would almost certainly start which makes me a tad nervous. Unfortunately, this could be Markus Thomas all over again.

Looking at the 2011 schedule, we could probably get away with suspending him for the first 4 games so we could have him back for Bama and not give off the appearance of being soft on **** like this, picayune as it may be.

As far as pure coverage there's not a better cornerback in college football, not even Patrick Peterson. That's the knock on Peterson if he has one; he's a little stiff hipped. Scouts are a little concerned about Peterson in off-man coverage, he's best suited being physical and playing bump-and-run/press coverage.

There are no such concerns with Janoris Jenkins... his hips are the best I've seen on a cornerback. Fluid enough to line up all over the field and match up with slot receivers. Ball skills are splendid and recovery speed is top notch. Jenkins has pro-bowl, shut-down cornerback ability in him.

He didn't even struggle that bad with Alshon Jeffrey... kept him out of the endzone and limited him to about 50 yards on 6 catches. That's a bad day at the office for Alshon Jeffrey...Virtually the same thing he done to A.J. Green and Julio Jones...

As far as pure coverage there's not a better cornerback in college football, not even Patrick Peterson. That's the knock on Peterson if he has one; he's a little stiff hipped. Scouts are a little concerned about Peterson in off-man coverage, he's best suited being physical and playing bump-and-run/press coverage.

There are no such concerns with Janoris Jenkins... his hips are the best I've seen on a cornerback. Fluid enough to line up all over the field and match up with slot receivers. Ball skills are splendid and recovery speed is top notch. Jenkins has pro-bowl, shut-down cornerback ability in him.

He didn't even struggle that bad with Alshon Jeffrey... kept him out of the endzone and limited him to about 50 yards on 6 catches. That's a bad day at the office for Alshon Jeffrey...Virtually the same thing he done to A.J. Green and Julio Jones...
Jenkins has all of the talent of the world but I think there is definitely something to the fact that he continues to get caught doing stupid things. I don't think that smoking weed makes you a bad person... but if you get to the point where it is negatively affecting other aspects of your life then it is a serious problem/ addiction that needs to be addressed.

Although at the CB and WR positions it seems like guys with much bigger off the field issues have been able to succeed so who knows. Either way I expect Muschamp to set this kid straight.

Back
Top Bottom