*** Gators Football Thread *** | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Gators Football Thread ***

First sign Urban has left the building. Kudos to Muschamp for setting an early example.

Muschamp did the only thing he could do, which is the right thing. This is going to sting for Croc fans, as they're losing what is in my opinion, one of the top 3 defensive prospects in the entire country... but you'll be better off in the long run for it.

He's a Saban disciple and he's going to run a tight ship there in Gainesville... if you don't want to fall in line, he'll win without you regardless. It's the same thing Saban had to do when he arrived in Tuscaloosa. It took him a year or two to weed out (pardon the pun) the malcontents, but very quickly everyone found out who's in charge, and what it takes to stick around.

Now it's off to Blinn JUCO, then swing back through Awbarn real quick, all in time to be ready for the 2012 draft...

:lol:

In case you still somehow didn't know all you needed to know about last season:

http://dooley.blogs.gatorsports.com/10942/mutiny-at-the-outback/

In 2007, I wrote a book called “Game of My Life” which was about 30 or so former Gators talking about their favorite game. The book did well but the publishers went bankrupt. The Dooley Curse, I guess.
The good news is that another company bought their assets and wants to re-issue my book. They also wanted an updated chapter. I decided to do Ahmad Black and the Outback Bowl.
They don’t come any better than Black. What a great young man. The Gator Nation may be reeling from arrests and dummies doing dumb things but in Black you have a real gem.
During our interview, he confirmed something I had heard during Outback Bowl week but could never nail down — that there was a mutiny of sorts.
He laughed when I asked about it because he was surprised anyone knew about the mutiny.
“We were pounding full pads every day. It was game week,” he said. “We were worn out. The defense was on the field but the offense wasn’t there. We were wondering where they were. They started texting us and calling us that they weren’t getting off the bus until we were in helmets only.
“Everyone on the defense looked at me like what was I going to do. I just sat down and started chillin’. It lasted maybe 30 minutes. The bus driver was getting ready to take them back to the hotel. Finally, Coach Mick (Mickey Marotti) came over and blew his whistle and said ‘You have five minutes to get on the field in helmets only.’
“We have some characters on our team.”
For the rest of the story, you’ll have to buy the book. He also told me an interesting story about why he chose Florida.
Teaser alert!

And the 2015 USF game has been PPD to a later year. There was an issue there with UF already having a game scheduled for the 2nd week that year. That and the Big East's future is very uncertain. USF didn't want any last-minute conflicts which was actually pretty nice of them. The last thing we need is another situation like we had in '09 when UCF backed out of a deal at the last possible minute for a H&H with someone else and left UF scrambling for an opponent and stuck with Charleston Southern. I doubt UCF and UF will play ever again lol.

Well it's about time to bring this ***** back up again. AC Leonard tore his meniscus and is reportedly out 6 weeks. Sucks. Not much depth at that position past Jordan Reed and they were counting on him to contribute right away. Looks like most of his practice reps will go to Hines who was already getting some there anyway.

Defense should be pretty good and the line is going to be disgusting this year. Howard, RoPow, Hunter, Floyd. That and Trattou and Lemmens are gone which is addition by subtraction. :rimshot: Secondary should be solid even without JJ. Can't wait to see what Matt Elam does as a full time starter. And Bostic and Jenkins are back at LB.

Now if Weis can make this offense respectable this team should be pretty competitive even against that October slate.

Well it's about time to bring this ***** back up again. AC Leonard tore his meniscus and is reportedly out 6 weeks. Sucks. Not much depth at that position past Jordan Reed and they were counting on him to contribute right away. Looks like most of his practice reps will go to Hines who was already getting some there anyway.

Defense should be pretty good and the line is going to be disgusting this year. Howard, RoPow, Hunter, Floyd. That and Trattou and Lemmens are gone which is addition by subtraction. :rimshot: Secondary should be solid even without JJ. Can't wait to see what Matt Elam does as a full time starter. And Bostic and Jenkins are back at LB.

Now if Weis can make this offense respectable this team should be pretty competitive even against that October slate.

floyd is ineligible? what the fugg?

floyd is ineligible? what the fugg?
It caught me off guard too. They're corresponding with the NCAA currently trying to get him reinstated but no one seems to know what the **** it's about yet.

Good start so far. Rainey and Demps look real good.

It caught me off guard too. They're corresponding with the NCAA currently trying to get him reinstated but no one seems to know what the **** it's about yet.

Good start so far. Rainey and Demps look real good.

yeah they do. brantley looks SO much more comfortable in this offense - although i'd like to see him air the ball out more against this soft D rather than this dink and dunk stuff - but gaining confidence is important - and weiss LOVES to exploit obvious weaknesses - so whatever. we may not even know what this offense can really do until it faces that bama D - totally cool with 4 fugg around games before the real test presents itself.

defense is gonna be sick. again. easley, powell, j jenkins, bostic, elam ... sick. although it is weird for easley to be a DT at 282 and floyd an end at around 300 - a little odd if you ask me.

YEah the offense has been pretty vanilla. Swing pass left, swing pass right, run, run, run, sweep.

Driskel is gonna be good for us.

One last FG against Schnellenberger. 41-3

Back
Top Bottom