Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gesicki, Will he be part of Flo future plan?

Gesicki is our best TE and one of our best offensive players. It would be stupid to get rid of him.
There is this little thing called “the cap,” and MG is just not good enough to F the cap up.

I hope so. Really like how Gesicki has developed.

Some tough choices for next year with Fuller. Gesicki, Ogbah and Baker.

He could start with breaking a tackle he had 0 broken tackles last year while a midget like Jakeem Grant had 9 and Lynn Bowden had 6. He could also work on getting some more YAC. Definitely has room for improvement despite the bulk stats.
Don't need a TE to break tackles. Need a TE to get consistently open 5 to 12 down the field, and can be an adequate blocker when call upon. Thats all I need. There is no console buttons in real football.

PFF had Kelce rated as the top blocking TE in the league last year. You might not like PFF or agree with this ranking but I remember watching a Chiefs game last season and the guys in the booth mentioned that what made Kelce the best TE in the league was not just his pass catching ability but also his run blocking.

Comparing Kelce to Gesicki is like comparing Marino to Fiedler. One is great and the other is good but the good players are replaceable fairly easily while it can decades to find another great player at a position.

I was not comparing MG To TK.

More curious about TK as he is primarily not an inline TE.

p.s. I'm ambivalent toward PFF. Analytics IMO should be almost exclusively for Baseball

Tua had nice chemistry with him last year, especially in the RED ZONE. Hopefully they can build on that. TEs don't break the bank either in FA and we will have about 70M in cap space next year. The tag is around 10M which would make him the 2nd highest paid TE. I think we end up keeping him long term.

Smythe and Shaheen are likely gone though.
Chemistry is a overrated. Not that I am saying it is not important.
I am saying, if you are a good QB like Wilson, Rodgers, you can develop good chemistry with good receivers fast.

You expect everyone to be gronk? Show me some data of tight ends with broken tackles?
People just spout things out of their mouth because it sounds good to them. Jakeem Grant was top 10 in the league in broken tackles so that's not a fair comparison. Only 1 tight end had at least 10 broken tackles (Kelce with 10). Only 5 other tight ends had at least 5 broken tackles.

Could Gesicki break more tackles? Obviously, as he had 0. But if he got 1 every 4 games, he'd be top 10 in the league for tight ends in broken tackles.

In fact, 15 other AFC tight ends had 2 or more drops last season so I'm not sure what you're even talking about. Or why you limited it to AFC only, like that matters.
He was 114th in the league in drop percentage (out of 153). Only 9 tight ends (out of 90) had a better drop percentage.

know I’ve said this many time and I apologize, but in No way do I consider Gesicki a tight end..

you have to be able to play in line and be competent in blocking for me to call you that..
Right on.

Is Kelce not competent as a blocker?

He infrequently lines up inline and wondered if he is considered a "True TE"

Further, what about Kittle who does primarily lineup inline?

p.s. All things being what they are.... I'd like to see the phins use the 13 personnel grouping more.

Back
Top Bottom