GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

I hate to say it but don’t get your hopes up. We’ll be talking about “Bill Polian” types and we’ll wind up with an internal promotion from our awful scouting department. It’s just what Ross does. Incapable of landing anyone good anymore. He’s burned his credibility by being a perennial loser who has to fire people every 3 years. Credible people have options and coming to Miami can’t rank too high on their list.

At least Marino would bring passion to the position. Others would see it as a job, but Danny would take it personally.
I have absolutely no idea if he is qualified or not. His contacts around the league would be great though.
Love Marino but don’t see him as an NFL exec.

Kellen Moore looks like a genius, because he is working with the Cowboys' offense. Two top notch running backs, a quality offensive line, a franchise quarterback, elite receivers, etc. Fixing this dumpster fire of an offense would not be as easy. The three headed monster that the Dolphins has makes no sense, but let's not think that simply adding Kellen Moore would fix this.
Everyone needs the horses. How does Belichik look without Brady. His team gave up nearly 600 yards to Dallas yesterday and Dallas overcame well over 100 yards in penalties. Is Mike McCarthy suddenly a better coach than BB? No, he has better players and it masks stupid mistakes.

Did he gets to Bring Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Zeke Elliot, Tony Pollard and the Cowboys OL?

Step 1: find a team that drafts well

Step 2: identify someone from that staff who is directly involved in selecting good draft picks and poach them
1. Baltimore Raves. I am not sure there is a better run organization in the NFL. Steve Bisciotti is a heck of an owner that knows how to run his business and his football team. Unlike Ross he is there daily. He's not necessarily involving himself but he is seen daily, this shows there is accountability.

2. Joe Hortiz. He's been with the Ravens for 19 years and has worked his way up. He is Director of College scouting and he manages the team draft preparation.

Miami wanted to do things the "Patriot Way," well that way is antiquated and like ALL the coaches that have come out of NE and failed they didn't have the two most important pieces to that. Arguably the best coach ever, and arguably the best QB ever, and the QB looks to be the most important part. How's that "Patriot Way" looking? The Ravens have changed over time, and have adapted to how the NFL has changed.

I would get a guy who is an assistant GM in an organization that has consistently done the right things in terms of roster development. The perfect candidate would have impeccable exposure to a highly functional organization. Think KC or Buffalo. It’s not just the draft. The perfect candidate can develop analytics, player development labs, injury prevention, conditioning, etc.

The last thing you need is another Grier who has done nothing but be trained, mentored and exposed to losing. To that end, wipe out the entire scouting staff. Too much exposure to dysfunction. Get a clean slate of guys who have been exposed to what winning franchises look for.

It is a lot of turnover but I’m not exaggerating in what needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom