GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

I am not saying I’m for Moore but at least he knows how helpful it is to hand the ball to a running back who can consistently go get you yardage.

It's funny how Jerry Jones seemingly comes out on top. Dallas has had some down years, but seem to always find the right players to make things right again. Good organization all around.

They've really been a train wreck as far as the drafting and product on the field when Jerry has gone unchecked. When Jimmy, then Parcells, and now Will McClay have had input, the roster has been good. In between, they've been terrible.

And with the owner holding the GM title, there is no firing / cleaning house when things have gone bad.

Peterson lost the locker room in Philly. I wouldn't want him.
He didn't lose the locker room. He was sabotaged by Carson Wentz...which is why Carson Wentz is hated in these parts more than people realize.

The guy is a real offensive genius. He puts his players in position to have success. His play calling is as good as there is. We need a good, solid GM, and together let these guys build a winner. Bring in Marino and let him and Moore make the next choice at QB. Hire a strong, veteran DC, who isn't interested in a HC position, and he can have input on the defensive draft choices.
He has a top O-line, a bellcow RB, THREE gifted WR's, and a decent TE.

I say his GM is the genius.

Ross go get Jim Harbaugh again, il take any coach with an NFL: 44–19–1 (.695) record. Or just anyone that isnt grier and flores.
At least Harbaugh recognizes the value of a running attack. Not saying I'm on the Harbaugh wagon, but he could definitely be on the list.

Ross pursued him before.

Harbaugh being pegged as a poor coach is overblown and his coaching acumen is wholly misunderstood. But would he run the right offense for Tua? I tend to doubt it.

I'm deathly afraid of bringing in another young OC/DC with no HC experience. Of course it could work, but history suggests we don't have the right people around to find that guy. I like Moore, and Brian Daboll for that matter, but I'm petrified of wasting another 3+ years.

For that reason I'm all in on Doug Peterson.
I wanted Mike Shanahan when Miami hired Adam Gase. He could have built a solid coaching staff and put the Dolphins in a good position when he retired.

Maybe someone like that? Not sure who that would be. I do like the Doug Pedersen idea and Joe Brady, despite limited experience, is intriguing.

Is Dick Vermeil still alive? Kidding.

If I was Ross, the first thing that I would recognize is that I don't know this business and need someone to be my eyes and ears on the ground. I would find someone that has shown to be successful in complete oversight and control. Give them a budget, an ultimatum and then get out of the way.

If I was Ross, the first thing that I would recognize is that I don't know this business and need someone to be my eyes and ears on the ground. I would find someone that has shown to be successful in complete oversight and control. Give them a budget, an ultimatum and then get out of the way.
Parcells was in that position (I’m not sure if it was Pre-Ross) and failed miserably.

Back
Top Bottom