GM Time - Dalvin Cook Versus The Bank | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Time - Dalvin Cook Versus The Bank

Spend the Byron Jones Money on Dalvin Cook or Bank It To Help With Next Year's Payroll

• Dalvin Cook

Votes: 62 56.9%
  • Bank

Votes: 47 43.1%

• Total voters
He had a # he wanted from us. Then he had a separate # he wanted from the other 30 teams.
Lol.... That may be true, but either way he didn't take a pay cut. In fact, IIRC, he ended up with more guaranteed $, which is all the only thing tangible these days.

Lol.... That may be true, but either way he didn't take a pay cut. In fact, IIRC, he ended up with more guaranteed $, which is all the only thing tangible these days.
I do not accept your reality and I continue to represent my faux reality as cited in my previous post. Don't be bringing facts in here and chucking them around all willy nilly Jack!

I didn't say there was. I said: "They can free up more cap space with a Wilkins deal." This is an accurate statement.
what then exactly is your point? why is the issue even germane to the question at hand? they will have enough room to sign cook without jumping through any contract hoops. and again, any restructuring/re-doing that frees up more money for this year just subtracts money from future years, so i cannot imagine a scenario at this point where they would want to do that given with all the deals coming up they need the more money for future years, and this years roster is already fine. so i am perplexed as to why this is even a topic of discussion relative to the question at hand?

Did we give Ramsey less $?
Kind of depends on how you define less $. Ramsey was owed $17 million this year, $18.5 million in 2024, and $19.5 million in 2025 under his old contract with the Rams. But only $7.5 million of that money was guaranteed. Very similar to the situation with Cook, who’s owed $11 million this year, $12.5 million next year, and $11.5 million in 2025, but only has about $2 million of that remaining money guaranteed.

Ramsey’s total 2023 cash payout from the Dolphins under his reworked deal is $10 million, and his cap number is $2.9 million. So yes, for 2023, he took a lot less money than he was otherwise owed if he played out his Rams contract and didn’t get cut. But we also guaranteed him more than $35 million over the course of the contract, so he pocketed a lot more guarantees than he had before.

We could do something very similar with Cook.

what then exactly is your point? why is the issue even germane to the question at hand? they will have enough room to sign cook without jumping through any contract hoops. and again, any restructuring/re-doing that frees up more money for this year just subtracts money from future years, so i cannot imagine a scenario at this point where they would want to do that given with all the deals coming up they need the more money for future years, and this years roster is already fine. so i am perplexed as to why this is even a topic of discussion relative to the question at hand?
Why is your issue with my issue on the issue germane to the question at hand on the other hand? Where are we headed here?

In all seriousness, they can free up some cap room for this season by giving Wilkins a new contract. I don't know what you're even taking issue with at this point?

Spiderman Pointing GIF by Regal

If you treat guaranteed money as the only thing that matters (which is not entirely accurate, but it’s not a bad shorthand), then Cook’s current contract only owes him another $2 million, and it will be very easy for us to acquire that contract and rework it into a pay raise without doing anything financially inadvisable.

Any decent left guards available? Maybe another tackle as ours are all injury risks.

Why is your issue with my issue on the issue germane to the question at hand on the other hand? Where are we headed here?

In all seriousness, they can free up some cap room for this season by giving Wilkins a new contract. I don't know what you're even taking issue with at this point?
?
Spiderman Pointing GIF by Regal
what would they need the extra cap space for this year? they have enough room to sign cook if they want to. so i do not understand your point

I do not accept your reality and I continue to represent my faux reality as cited in my previous post. Don't be bringing facts in here and chucking them around all willy nilly Jack!

Willy Nilly Jack is the name of my Scritti Politti cover band.

Willy Nilly Jack is the name of my Scritti Politti cover band.
Still one of the best. Imagine seeing them in concert, and then they don't play this song? Might be worse than seeing Men Without Hats, and they don't play Safety Dance!

I am happy with the running backs now on the roster. If Cook is willing to sign for the veterans minimum, that would be the only way I would want them to spend any of their cap money on him. I prefer they use the Jones money to resign Wilkins to a new contract and hopefully they will find the money to pay Sieler beyond the 2023 season.
If Miami can add him somewhere in the $5-7 million range, and not give up draft pics, I think that's a win. I love the player, but not sure the Dolphins really need him at this point.

Still one of the best. Imagine seeing them in concert, and then they don't play this song? Might be worse than seeing Men Without Hats, and they don't play Safety Dance!

I don’t actually like Scritti Politti.

I just use the band name in narratives, because it’s funny. Like Oingo Boingo or Sigue Sigue Sputnik.

Back
Top Bottom