Go Get Cam | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Cam

So, you're saying that the QB is the entirety of a team AND that a QB in the downside of his career is going to come in and miraculously be less mediocre than a 16 year HOF QB, which translates to Cam better than Dan because Cam can do it all by himself regardless of the talent around him? BRILLIANT! Let's do it!
No I am saying change it up a bit. You know what you will get with Fitzpatrick. If you sign Cam and he does well, you have some trade bait. Not a first, not a second, but decent compensation. You have to think long term not just this season

Still trying to find out how we got from Go Get Cam to the Dolphins have eternally been mediocre according to OP's thoughts. Why are you on a Phins fan site?

Unless someone doctored the numbers here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miami_Dolphins_seasons

then Miami has a franchise regular season win/loss record of 457 and 371, which equates to a winning percentage of 0.55193236715
From 1966-2003, 349-223, 0.66223908918

2004-2019, 108-148, 0.421875

So while Wannsdedt was not liked by many Miami fans, his departure is when Miami started to suck. (When Nick Satan arrived)

Edit: Wait. Wannstedt's last season, we sucked ass until he was fired. 2004 was the season Ricky decided to go smoke pot in India, or something, right before the season started, right?

Last edited:
you are right. Fitzpatrick is magical
neither one is a franchise QB but why spend the money on Cam when he’s not much of an upgrade over Fitz? The end all solution is to draft Tua or Burrow and hope they pan out

If it was 4 years ago I'd be all over this. Yes go get Cam but times they are a changing brother. He's not the Cam from back in his MVP season. He is what some would considered washed at this point. And this far in the FA period the market for him may not be huge. In terms of contract I don't think any franchise is gonna give him anything long term. Maybe a similar contract to Mariota that is loaded with incentives and short term. That's just my thought process for what I could see him getting. Follow your heart and own opinion though...that's what the site is for. Also maybe tone back stirring up the natives. It never ends well, genuinely man you're a good poster don't kill it over Cam Newton.

I have no respect for Cam as a player or person after his MVP season. It was all fun and games when they were winning and moping like a child when they lost. He is not the guy I bring in to lead young men. In many ways we already have the perfect mentor QB on the roster in Fitzpatrick either ways.

So because those who don't agree with you on bringing in a selfish me first player who doesn't care if he wins or loses once he looks good and injury prone must all have their heads up their ***?

If you want posters to agree with you post a more popular thought.
Those that agree with me are the smart ones. The ones that don't are stupid. Duh

I was never a fan of Cam Newton and watched a lot of panthers games. and Ive always said - Cam has gone on record and has said several times that he hates losing. Cam hates losing more than he wants to win (in my opinion) and his body language reflects this in game when he and/or the team isn't playing well, he will just pack it in. He isn't a motivator on the sideline like you see Russell Wilson doing on the sideline when the team is down. He will throw the Gatorade towel over his head and suckle on the bench.

of course it won't because the residents here LOVEEEEEEE Ryan Fitzpatrick. A qb who has won 10 games once and no more than 6 games after that.
I feel like you think this forum and the people on it believe Fitz is our future QB. I don’t believe anyone thinks that so you don’t have to continue bashing Fitz to try and get your point across. Just come to terms with the fact it’s not a good idea you brought to the table and move on. Of all the reply’s not one person has been for it. And for Good reason. He’s not viewed as much better than Fitz is at this point and not worth the money or investment. The QB we draft is the future. Well hopefully. But that’s where this team is headed and everyone and their mothers know it

giphy.gif

you are right. Fitzpatrick is magical
yes. 4-5 wins a year is good for this team, so we can draft high next year

If you think the current version of Cam Newton is better than Fitzpatrick or was capable of winning as many or more than 5 games with the same supporting cast, your evaluation skills are highly questionable.

Now, please, by all means go ahead and drop some more sarcasm as your only means of supporting your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom