Godsey and Dorsey 2 rumours flying around Twitter | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Godsey and Dorsey 2 rumours flying around Twitter

So some are asking why Dorsey. I think there are basically four ways to get an OC
1. A head coach that was one in the past that has been fired e.g. Doug Pederson
2. An OC from another team that let it's staff go due to new head coach
3. An coach from college that sees it as a promotion
4. A position coach that is promoted

I think we see #4 more often than the others. Specifically, it is more likely to be a QB coach because they may not be calling plays but they have been working with QB's going over plays, coaching them about audibling, etc...I don't want anyone in the first category because they are probably looking at a quick exit again if possible. Good candidates in the second category are few and far between. Number three is intriguing and I would definitely consider one of those. Dorsey is in the fourth category. He also has been very good in that category. Cam Newton had some of his best years with Dorsey as his QB coach and he basically turned Josh Allen from good to elite (obviously Diggs helped with that too). I also like the idea that if successful, he should be with us for a while before looking for a head coaching gig. I believe he will get the most out of Tua, which frankly is the most important thing for our offense right now. He's a born winner, he's very intelligent, he's done well with whatever has been given for him to do. Right now, he is just as desirable to me as any other candidate that we have had in. Could he flop? Yes, but so could so many others.

So some are asking why Dorsey. I think there are basically four ways to get an OC
1. A head coach that was one in the past that has been fired e.g. Doug Pederson
2. An OC from another team that let it's staff go due to new head coach
3. An coach from college that sees it as a promotion
4. A position coach that is promoted

I think we see #4 more often than the others. Specifically, it is more likely to be a QB coach because they may not be calling plays but they have been working with QB's going over plays, coaching them about audibling, etc...I don't want anyone in the first category because they are probably looking at a quick exit again if possible. Good candidates in the second category are few and far between. Number three is intriguing and I would definitely consider one of those. Dorsey is in the fourth category. He also has been very good in that category. Cam Newton had some of his best years with Dorsey as his QB coach and he basically turned Josh Allen from good to elite (obviously Diggs helped with that too). I also like the idea that if successful, he should be with us for a while before looking for a head coaching gig. I believe he will get the most out of Tua, which frankly is the most important thing for our offense right now. He's a born winner, he's very intelligent, he's done well with whatever has been given for him to do. Right now, he is just as desirable to me as any other candidate that we have had in. Could he flop? Yes, but so could so many others.
That sums it up nicely.

Good experienced coordinators are looking for HC opportunities. Even if by some chance you get one, he likely won't be around long.

I'm getting a very strong sense Dorsey is NOT coming to miami.

Either never a candidate or declining the position, just getting that feeling it's not happening.

Either never a candidate or declining the position, just getting that feeling it's not happening.
Probably right, either way I'm confident they'll get someone, just glad it isn't rushed

Don’t feel this is the case. I believe Dorsey will be the hire pay attention to the Twitter follows of the higher up and that he started following the dolphins as well, could be a smoke screen but I think Dorsey will be announced within the next couple days it makes the most sense. He has connections to both the staff and the city. He may just be negotiating a contract.

The interesting thing is Seattle's interest in Dorsey is that really a Pete Carrol or perhaps more Russell Wilson curiosity in Dorsey.
PC has indicated he expects the hawks to run more, certainly Dorsey can call run plays,lol however the sizzle around Dorsey is his work with Newton and Allen so one would think QB passing, just feels like a RW request.

As for Miami something keeps telling me they are waiting on KCs Mike Kafka.

I
That was just some internet newsie, not official. I've read that Dorsey is following Seattle people on twitter now after purging Miami people.

Miami isn't going to announce anything until the next mandatory meeting, where the coach or GM will say Godsey is OC.
If its Godsey, why not say it now?

Obviously we are speculating however using deductive reasoning, you can figure the candidate is still working.
Otherwise a hire would have been made.

Kafka....lol
Yes someone from the Chiefs

Back
Top Bottom